News: One-derful! Collection: Subscription Info

Guest twillg

Larry & Hippies "Soul Do It" is a reworking of Andre Williams' "You Got It..." / Fabulous Apollos "Determination" / Clarence Jackson "If It Don't Fit...".

Nice!

Social source share

Guest twillg

i spin out the Gospel Ambassadors single ("cleansing power") - your file sounds like a different mix from the single?

You're right! It does sound like a different mix. We had only had a 1/4" master tape for that particular song, so we opted to use that over doing a vinyl rip.

Social source share

Guest twillg

Tony,

Thanks for reaching out. I have been messaging with Dave. I'm going to talk with our engineer - I know the tape is a 1/2" four track, but I believe One-derful!'s studio ran two 1/2" machines and would sometimes dump final takes onto the other machine. I think that's what happened with this track (Sweatin' only has one take on this tape (the final vocal version), even though the session sheet notes list about 11-12 takes. There's a chance they dumped down a mixed version, so I will contact our engineer to see if we can isolate the instrumental.

Hi twillg
It does look like an extremely exciting set f releases. Do You think that you will be able to give a release to the instrumental of Alvin Cashh-Sweatin'? As per Dave Flynn's earlier post this has legendary status here in the UK

Social source share

Andy, 

sorry about that! Can you message me more info so I can see what's up?

I just cleared the cache in my browser and they're still working for me, but I want to make sure the links work for everyone.

Nor me ... anybody know why ?

I've just subscribed to the CD releases ... it's very exciting

Social source share

Tony,

our engineer just sent me an instrumental mix of "Sweatin'". 

Here's a sample:

https://secretstashrecords.com/AudioClips/ssr2004/alvincash-sweatin-instrumental90.mp3

Now what should we do with it?:)

Maybe a 45 with vocal version on side A and instrumental on side B. Does anyone have a scan of the acetate? It might be fun to have the mar-v-lus logo for side A and the test pressing label for side B...

Fingers crossed!

Social source share

Oh that is brilliant, and brings back so many memories!

I don't know if you know what a cover- up is but it was played covered up as 'Stanley Mitchell-Now You've Got Me Baby', then played as The Kinnettes/ Kinetics Band or other variants. I think that a vocal/inst 45 of this classic Stafford Top Of The World club sound should be very appealing. Of course also with a download !

Thanks so much for digging this out. I've never seen the original acetate so have no idea what it looks like, I believe that Roger Banks has one, or at least he used to.

With regard to the M-Pac and Midas tunes I have been able to play them without problem.

Have you considered compiling a CD from the various labels aimed just at the Northern Soul scene? I would be happy to suggest some tunes.

Thanks again for persevering with the instrumental, that has made my week, and I'm on holiday at the moment!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Mick,

Sorry for the confusion! There's a lot of info to sort through there so I'll break down the important bits.

The One-derful! Collection is a series of  6 compilations released separately over the next year. The street date for One-derful! Records is late October, the street date for Mar-V-Lus records in late January, and so on. The CD subscription makes sure you receive all 6 CDs (plus a bonus CD containing 14 additional tracks). 

We wanted to offer several shipping options since international postage can add up really quickly. For $26, you are selecting International Shipping with six individual shipments. Which means you will receive each release (plus the bonus CD) when each album is released. The other options have fewer shipments and combine releases together to be shipped together and save on shipping - these mean there will be a longer wait between delivery, but it will also cost less.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Will

Could someone please clarify the postal costs for the CD package.

i.e. is $26 per item, if you wish to receive them individually as released?

Sorry if I'm a bit thick.

Thanks

Mick

Social source share

Its a SoulSource trait for some of us Will.

Does each CD come with its own bonus 45 or is it just the albums?

I think its just with the albums but just to make sure.....

Cheers 

Social source share

Mick,

Sorry for the confusion! There's a lot of info to sort through there so I'll break down the important bits.

The One-derful! Collection is a series of  6 compilations released separately over the next year. The street date for One-derful! Records is late October, the street date for Mar-V-Lus records in late January, and so on. The CD subscription makes sure you receive all 6 CDs (plus a bonus CD containing 14 additional tracks). 

We wanted to offer several shipping options since international postage can add up really quickly. For $26, you are selecting International Shipping with six individual shipments. Which means you will receive each release (plus the bonus CD) when each album is released. The other options have fewer shipments and combine releases together to be shipped together and save on shipping - these mean there will be a longer wait between delivery, but it will also cost less.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Will

Just to be clear, the $26 is a one off payment covering the postage of all six discs i.e. not 6 x $26 ?

Social source share

Its a SoulSource trait for some of us Will.

Does each CD come with its own bonus 45 or is it just the albums?

I think its just with the albums but just to make sure.....

Cheers 

Steve,

No problem! The CDs do not come with bonus 45s. However, the CD subscription includes a 7th CD which takes all 14 tracks from the bonus 45s and puts them in one place.

Social source share

Just to be clear, the $26 is a one off payment covering the postage of all six discs i.e. not 6 x $26 ?

Mick, that's correct. It is one payment of $26.

Social source share

Steve,

No problem! The CDs do not come with bonus 45s. However, the CD subscription includes a 7th CD which takes all 14 tracks from the bonus 45s and puts them in one place.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still waiting for mine - opted for having them sent in pairs - anyone else received theirs yet?

Yes, and as said above, it's very good. Slightly boring front cover like the last one and a discography would have been nice, but the music is excellent with ten unreleased tracks on the LP.

Social source share

Guest blindman

I am now very excited that mine should be with me any minute. As someone said earlier. The Toddlin' Town Bull and the Matadors track Apart of my life coming at the end is a top track and would sound great played out at a niter. I've played the Jackson 5 single that came with the first 2 LPs to death

Social source share

I got the downloads.  In The Oneder-Ful set there is an extra track...

Homero Manzi y Aníbal Troilo - Sur  :shades: 

What is it?  :g::lol:

According to wikipedia.....

Sur is a tango with music by Aníbal Troilo and lyrics by Homero Manzi. It was first recorded by Troilo's orchestra with vocals by Edmundo Rivero on 23 February 1948. The first live performance, by the same artists, was at the Tibidabo night club in buenos aires

Why is it in amongst the downloads?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

A cheap way to get the wonderful Blenders on vinyl! :-)

A word of caution......a friend who bought the first LP told me that the downloads are basically not worth having as they are at some insanely low bit rate! Best get burning from the vinyl. .....

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I have gotten some emails about this. We sent 320k MP3 files over to the company that hosts our downloads, but it appears there was something weird happening with their system where incorrect files were assigned to some download cards. I have reached out to them to fix the issue, but if the files you downloaded aren't 320k MP3s, please send me a pm and I'll send you a direct link to the correct files.

A cheap way to get the wonderful Blenders on vinyl! :-)

A word of caution......a friend who bought the first LP told me that the downloads are basically not worth having as they are at some insanely low bit rate! Best get burning from the vinyl. .....

Cheers,
Mark R

Social source share

I'm new to the multi-quote thing! Chalky and PhilReeves:

We sent 320k MP3 files over to the company that hosts our downloads, but it appears there was something weird happening with their system where incorrect files were assigned to some download cards. I have reached out to them to fix the issue, but if the files you downloaded aren't 320k MP3s, please send me a pm and I'll send you a direct link to the correct files.

I got the downloads.  In The Oneder-Ful set there is an extra track...

Homero Manzi y Aníbal Troilo - Sur  :shades: 

What is it?  :g::lol:

According to wikipedia.....

Sur is a tango with music by Aníbal Troilo and lyrics by Homero Manzi. It was first recorded by Troilo's orchestra with vocals by Edmundo Rivero on 23 February 1948. The first live performance, by the same artists, was at the Tibidabo night club in buenos aires

Why is it in amongst the downloads?

Does anyone know how to link up with the free download offered with the LP's ?.

Thanks. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!