Bettye Swann - When The Game Is Played On You

Eddyw

thanks for that mate , I have 2 copies of the Jamaican issue , but I have been asked to swap one for the us issue , the us issue has writing on the time side , the jamaican issue is nr mint , I just needed to know if it was a fair swap  , thinking the Jamaican issue was  better nick but cheaper  , is it worth doing what you did and put them up auction ? or set sale , thanks Eddy

Social source share

The fact is,it's indemand for dj purpose and not collecting,so the value is set by supply and demand and not which one is rarer.

As long as it's legit and plays well,people will pay the same price for either copy.

Be about £50 next yr lol

Social source share

I think the US issue is a pretty rare record and seems to be outstripped in terms of supply by the Jamaican one quite significantly.

Nev's point about it currently being a DJ record rather than a collectors' one is spot on–that's why there's no apparent gap in value between the two releases. Really there should be as the American is maybe as much as ten times rarer.

As for John's point about a styrene issue–it wouldn't surprise me as Atlantic often used several plants for each 45–but I haven't seen one. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Always a hard record to find - I needed it to complete my Atlantic 45's on Bettye -I eventually prised Mike Charlton's copy out of him - he played it at Soul Essence well over 10 years ago.  I swapped it for a Jap copy of the Smoke album.  I eventually got a second copy which I let Mike have back in another trade - Iguess we were valuing it around the £40 mark.... 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!