Articles: HOF: The Andantes - Female Group Inductee

• 1 month later...

Well done...excellent piece...never knew that the ladies backed Jackie Wilson on "A Lovely Way To Die".

I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering as to why Alan Slutsky didn't give more than a passing nod to them in his movie/documentary (appreciate it was about the Funk Brothers), and as to why nobody has yet to do a TV programme on their career...they always provided an angelic chorus!

:thumbup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I think their omission from the latest documentary '20 Feet From Stardom' is an even bigger aberration in my book!  The story of the role of backing singers... without the most prolific and successful of group of them all!?  Just doesn't make any sense at all. 

Totally agree :(

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

a superb tribute to a truly integral part of That Motown Sound. Praise has been heaped on the Funks instrumental tracks to me they are empty and hollow without the majestic vocals of the Andantes .mucho gracias.

Social source share

Great piece Dave and Lorraine.

A question: was Louvain's husband Max Demps related to Larry Demps of the Dramatics ?

Sunnysoul,

Spoke with Louvain and she said there was no relation between Max and Larry.  She's asked that constantly and even gets calls regarding that.  They only share the same last name.

Lorraine

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!