Loads Of Minty Usa Pir Demos

Not a for sale sign on these  - more a is there any interest out there in buying stuff like this ? 

I have several 100 NM USA PIR demos - Dexter Wansel, Dee Dee Sharp Gamble, Lou Rawls, Teddy Pendergrass, O'jays, Dick Jensen, Three Degrees, Bunny Sigler, Michael Pedicin, Billy Paul, McFadden and Whitehead, Jacksons MFSB  etc etc...

If I listed them is there any interest here ? No idea on Prices either

Cheers 

Social source share

So Guys ... There's a lot of interest here, a few PMs have offered to take the lot. Give me a clue - What's a fair price ? I would prefer to list them all with a min Quantity of 10 with a reduction per 45 for increasing volumes. I could do 'blind' packs of 10 for less per 45. What I don't want to do is list them at a silly price (high or low) and all you massively knowledgeable folks start tutting :D  

Social source share

As Neil said earlier, these were quite cheap as bulk buys and a lot of London record shops had multiple stock and were selling them individually from between 50p and £1

I'm getting lots of useful and interesting feedback - but a lot of it is conflicting. I've been offered more than the above per 45 for the whole lot. I'll mull it over, and I may keep them as I don't want to make a tit of myself 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've been known to buy the odd Philly record too. I'm interested! 

Wasn't the Dutch warehouse lot, a find of 2million records? They were on eBay for ages - 50  for £30 as I recall.

Yeah, that's right. there were multiple packs of 100 for £40 on Ebay. I bought a set. Some excellent stuff and some cheese in there too (Blame It On The Boogie on CBS lol).

To answer the OP's question, yes there would be interest because they're great records but they're not rarities by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by daved
Social source share

Guest peter burke

About 60 thousand in 200 count boxes, in 8 25 boxes, part of a buy of a million records from a New Jersey bankrupt distributeur turned up about 8 years ago

Cheers Paul

Remember Gideon, the owner of the store offering you the lot Paul and we actually considered buying that trike like contraption with the big box on the front to transport them back to your place :)

Social source share

• 10 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!