Servicemen, Ivorys, Topics, Fiestas, Tan Geers, Gil Blanding, Sid Barnes

Guest SoulHenrik

Guest SoulHenrik

I thought I'd treat myself to one (or two) of the following records, if anyone got one for sale:

The Servicemen - Sweet Magic (Chartmaker) Not the Magicians!

The Ivorys - Please Stay (Despenza)

The Topics - Hey Girl (Chadwick)

The Fiestas - Think Smart (Old Town)

Tan Geers - Let My Heart and Soul Be Free (Okeh)

Gil Blanding - Rules (Ready)

Sidney Barnes - I Hurt on the Other Side (Blue Cat)

Carol and Gerri - On You Heartache Looks Good (MGM)

Please send me a PM!

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Guest SoulHenrik

theres a sid barnes on the ebay.com on a buy it now! also a fiestas on a buy it now too.

servicemen and topics are really hard records!

good luck

Thanks. I can't find the Sidney Barnes record, though. And I Think the Fiestas is a little over priced.

Social source share

Good man, strong stuff those two,,,! I answered your add, asked how much some were worth, but when push comes to shove I could not let them go.... Just too good to own on MP3 alone.....

that at said my ivories is absolutely shagged, it's awful condition and I never play it, I just like looking at it in its sleeve, imagining a mint one inside I guess.... :-((((((

malcolm 

Social source share

Three on Despenza? I've only had two with different fonts. Anyone got scans of all three so I can see which one I haven't had?  :g:

Phil the third one is the first issue Despenza 470 block Font and Thick vinyl like a pancake!! looks similar to The Deltours on Starville wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all part of contact records :g:  :thumbsup:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Phil the third one is the first issue Despenza 470 block Font and Thick vinyl like a pancake!! looks similar to The Deltours on Starville wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all part of contact records :g:  :thumbsup:

I got one of them traded it with an italic one with labels reversed in the 80's. it is a division of Contact records

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

just looked again and the sidney barnes is still there.

Christ I just nearly had a coronary, I searched for the Sidney Barnes on eBay and the mythical Red Bird issue appeared. A second later I saw the Outasite logo.

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

Topics about £700... Ivorys could be a grand for a clean copy.. Gil Blanding about £150

470 was the hardest, it wasn't listed anywhere until recent years, and not many knew of it, in my experience. a lot more have appeared over the last couple of years. not a bad song...... for a newsreader......

Social source share

Guest SoulHenrik

It is but it's on Red Bird not Blue Cat, plus I think they're boots as a Red Bird copy is costly and not $10 or so, even a Blue Cat one is 100's, if you look there's loads of Red Bird copies. :hatsoff2:  :shhh: 

Spot. :shades: 

There was one on Blue Cat for £600 Buy-it-now, but it's been taken down now (sold?).

Social source share

cant understand why folks have the vapours over the wand release its a second or third issue

Ted 3rd release? Don't think so really do you? The reason people get the vapours is the fact that very very few are known, less than half a dozen, surely that makes them special, I also got the vapours when I saw an issue of Earl Jackson & The Yum Yum's. :sweatingbullets:  :sweatingbullets: 

Social source share

Ted 3rd release? Don't think so really do you? The reason people get the vapours is the fact that very very few are known, less than half a dozen, surely that makes them special, I also got the vapours when I saw an issue of Earl Jackson & The Yum Yum's. :sweatingbullets:  :sweatingbullets: Spot. :shades: 

Rare as it is . The wand release is the 4th label design as it came after the 3 despenza variations

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Rare as it is . The wand release is the 4th label design as it came after the 3 despenza variations

Bloody Hell Dave I bet no one wants it then as it's a 4th release, not worth having if it's not 1st issue. :lol:  :shhh:  :hatsoff2: 

p.s. I thought Ted meant different labels not pressings, i.e. Local to National. :thumbsup: 

Edited by spot
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

cant understand why folks have the vapours over the wand release its a second or third issue

third, 470 is first, but wand is hardest of all in my experience. I have a listing from soul source magazine 1979 that doesn't even list the wand version.

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

Some info in TOM KLINES book puts the 470 as 1966 and then the 12266 as 12/66 with the wand 1967. and this guy knows his stuff. A lot of people I know didn't even pick up on the 470 / 12266  until I mentioned it a couple of years ago, but there are others who will indeed know more. the lead singer also worked as a newscaster I believe.

Social source share