New List - Usa & Uk Originals & Harder Reissues

Pete S

PETE SMITH

Pete.smith@freeuk.com

01902 326306

MIXED LIST — ALL ARE PLAY GRADED — A LOT OF THESE HAVE A FEW MARKS SEEMINGLY CAUSED BY CONSTANT REMOVAL FROM CARD SLEEVES BUT I’VE PLAYED EVERY ONE AND THE GRADING REPRESENTS THE SOUND QUALITY

USA ORIGINALS

ROY HAMILTON — CRACKIN’ UP OVER YOU — RCA                                                                           EX            150

Lovely black stock copy.

BOBBY PARIS — PER-SO-NAL-LY — GERMAN POLYDOR                                                                 EX            50

Comes with superb picture sleeve of the singer

THE TRIUMPHS — WALKIN’ THE DUCK — VERVE                                                                               EX            20

Original stock copy.  This one has surface marks but plays MINT

JOHNNY SAYLES — I CAN’T GET ENOUGH (OF YOUR LOVE) — ST. LAWRENCE                                    EX            75 SOLD

100% original.  Obviously been played but play grade is MINT again.

LITTLE JOHNNY BLAIR — MOMMA’S GONE — HOUSE OF THE FOX                                           EX            25

Nice original, few hairlines not affecting play

JO ARMSTEAD — I FEEL AN URGE COMING ON — GIANT                                                                 VG++      20 SOLD

Some marks and the odd pop for the first minute — fine for djing as they say

EDWIN STARR — MY WEAKNESS IS YOU — GORDY                                                                           EX            15

Plays great — ring wear on raised part of label

FRED HUGHES — BABY BOY — BRUNSWICK                                                                                          EX            20

Plays mint

EDWIN STARR — I WANT MY BABY BACK — CANADA TAMLA MOTOWN                               EX            20

Looks amazing on this label

L.J. REYNOLDS & CHOCOLATE SYRUP — THE PENGUIN BREAKDOWN — LAW-TON       M-             5

Forgotten oldie, massive instrumental version of Phil Lowman etc

UK

FRANK BEVERLY — IF THAT’S WHAT YOU WANTED / EDDIE FOSTER — I NEVER KNEW — SEVENS M-  6

FRANK BEVERLY — IF THAT’S WHAT YOU WANTED — INFERNO (Clear Vinyl p/s)         M-             5 SOLD

MIKE POST COALITION — AFTERNOON OF THE RHINO — WARNER BROS                          EX            8

DARRELL BANKS — ANGEL BABY — ATLANTIC (Red/Blue)                                                          EX            6 SOLD

FATS DOMINO — IT KEEPS RAININ’ — LIBERTY                                                                                   M              12 SOLD

Don’t see many of these, 68 issue black label

ISLEY BROTHERS — TELL ME IT’S JUST A RUMOUR BABY — TAMLA MOTOWN                  M-             10

JOHNNY CASWELL — YOU DON’T LOVE ME ANYMORE / THE STEINWAYS — YOU’VE BEEN LEADING ME ON — KENT 106                                                                                                                                                               EX            15

This first Kent series from the 80’s is hard to find now

EAL WRIGHT & HIS ORCHESTRA — THUMB A RIDE — CAPITOL DEMO                                   M-             15

Mint UK demo — nice

RUFUS LUMLEY — I’M STANDING — EMI                                                                                                   M-             10 SOLD

Mid 70’s reissue which sold about 10 copies

LOU PRIDE — I’M COMUN’ HOME IN THE MORNUN’ / BOBBY HUTTON — LEND A HAND — GOLDMINE SEVENS PROMO ONLY                                                                                                                                     M-             15

Never issued — only available as this promo only 45

CHUBBY CHECKER — YOU JUST DON’T KNOW — LONDON                                                           EX            15

Took them until 1978 to reissue this

FATS DOMINO — IT KEEPS RAININ’ — LONDON                                                                                  EX            15 SOLD

Original silver top London

BILL BLACK’S COMBO — LITTLE QUEENIE — LONDON DEMO                                                     M-             15

Very nice red demo copy

MR. FLOODS PARTY — COMPARED TO WHAT — BULLDOG DEMO                                            EX            20

Rare 1975 demo with silver A

LARRY WILLIAMS & JOHNNY WATSON — TOO LATE — EPIC                                                        EX-           15

Absolute classic. Plays mint

THE SAPPHIRES — THE SLOW FIZZ — PROBE DEMO                                                                        M-             20

Some of these 70’s demos are very hard to find.  This one from 18th Jan 1974.

THE TAMANGOES — I REALLY LOVE YOU — GRAPEVINE                                                               M-             25

Withdrawn Grapevine 45 — they dubbed from a 45 and you can tell by the intro

GUY DARRELL — I’VE BEEN HURT — CBS 202082                                                                              EX            30

Very hard original UK CBS copy from 1966 — monster in the late 60’s and early 70’s — couple of hairlines but again, plays mint

LINDA JONES — I JUST CAN’T LIVE MY LIFE — WARNER BROS                                                     EX            50

All time classic.  Tiny name written on label.

USA PRESSINGS, REISSUES, BOOTS

JERRY COOK — I HURT ON THE OTHER SIDE — CAPITOL                                                              EX            20 SOLD

Still can’t believe this is a counterfeit

BITS ‘N PIECES — KEEP ON RUNNING AWAY — NASCO                                                                   M-             20 SOLD

Reissue off the original stampers

JOE HICKS — DON’T IT MAKE YOU FEEL FUNKY — AGC                                                                   M-             20

Monster revive spin

BOB RELF — BLOWING MY MIND TO PIECES — TRANS                                                                   EX            15

Brilliant double sided classic

THE CARSTAIRS — HE WHO PICKS A ROSE — OKEH                                                                         M-             20

The 1972 official repro, small 45 on label, looks unplayed

EDDIE PARKER — LOVE YOU BABY — ASHFORD                                                                                 EX            20

This is Archer stamped but it’s not quite straight so this is a reissue

THE VIBRATIONS — CAUSE YOU’RE MINE — COLUMBIA SPECIAL PRODUCTS                    EX            15

Couple of thumbnail marks but plays EX

LENIS GUESS — JUST ASK ME — SPQR                                                                                                        EX            15

Early bootleg, looks the part but is vinyl not styrene.  Two X’s on label

SAXY RUSSELL — PSYCHEDELIC SOUL — THOMAS                                                                            M-             15

Pink label reissue from 76

LITTLE RICHARD — I DON’T WANT TO DISCUSS IT — OKEH DEMO                                          M-             10 SOLD

Not sure when these Okeh demos appeared but they are counterfeits

MEL WILLIAMS — CAN IT BE ME — OUT OF THE PAST                                                                     EX            15 SOLD

The now rare Out Of The Past press from 73

TERRIBLE TOM — WE WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER — MAVERICK                                     EX            8 SOLD

Stormer

THE FOUR LARKS — GROOVIN’ AT THE GO GO — CANTERBURY                                                 EX            10

Has the superb I Still Love You on the B side

THE TRIUMPHS — WALKIN’ THE DUCK — VERVE DEMO                                                                VG++      10

Plays EX.  I honestly don’t know if this is original or not, it has a scratched out matrix and another one stamped in and scratched in ZTSP number.  Not that it makes a lot of difference…

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE

PAYPAL, CARD, TRANSFER, ALL WELCOME

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic