Any Chance Of Ace/kent Issuinga Cd Of Ivy Hunter's Motown Tracks

With the upcoming "Satisfaction Guaranteed" CD of unissued male Motown tracks, we Motown fans have a treat in store. The work done by ACE since they got access to Motown has been excellent. But the well must running dry regarding certain artists.

However, cult figure Ivy Hunter has several tracks that are still in the vaults.

Reel Music were in the process of issuing Ivy's album for VIP "In this bag" (cancelled in the early 70s).

Is there any hope that ACE can release this LP with bonus tracks?

Let's hope so...Ivy deserves credit...a true Motown hero.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody interested in Ivy, the new Motown Guys CD has a great track by him. It's a reworking and new lyrics to the Temptations "Last one out is brokenhearted".

Worth the cost of the CD just for this.

CD not bad either

Social source share

His version of " Desperate situation" is very worthy indeed, altho when I heard Mr Rix play it many years ago on Richards show there were some 'quality control beeps' at intervals which made for a rather disjointed listening experience.

He were great live at Bretby.

Jim

There are security bleeps on the track but it was recovered from Ivy Jo's personal tapes that he'd taken home ... I think anything that left the building got the same treatment

Andy

Social source share

Was it because a load

of backing tracks got arf inched and sold on at the time of production in Detroit Andy?

Jim

I can't be certain but that must have played a part ..... I think the appearance of the, then unreleased, Contours 'Do the See Saw' band track as Tom & Jerrios 'Boo-Ga-Loo' would have led to a review of security arrangements

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest keithhughes

As Andy says, this track was part of Ivy Jo's personal collection. Sadly, we haven't (yet) been able to find a version with Ivy Jo's vocals in the Vaults.

Keith

Social source share

Ady

Thanks for that....glad to hear that ACE/Kent are keeping the flag for collecctors.

A lot of interest in the "50 tracks in the vault" on the Fantastic Four comment in the notes to the recent Motown Guys

Edited by Guest
Social source share

With the upcoming "Satisfaction Guaranteed" CD of unissued male Motown tracks, we Motown fans have a treat in store. The work done by ACE since they got access to Motown has been excellent. But the well must running dry regarding certain artists.

However, cult figure Ivy Hunter has several tracks that are still in the vaults.

Reel Music were in the process of issuing Ivy's album for VIP "In this bag" (cancelled in the early 70s).

Is there any hope that ACE can release this LP with bonus tracks?

Let's hope so...Ivy deserves credit...a true Motown hero.

Totally agree,all the "output" from the man that I've heard is Quality......would love to hear more!
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!