Where's The Time Gone

In the blink of an eye Steve. The blink of an eye.

:hatsoff2:

Good Evening Peter. Hope your well my friend. Yeah the blink of a eye.only know because it was Lou s birthday yesterday and someone posted a picture on fb from Bretby with Lou on it and then the bombshell that it was 11 years was also commented.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Wow !

That's scary, time really does March on, great modern room , living in London at the time and plenty of faces from the smoke use to regularly travel up, that 1st Anniversary freebie Lp has to go down as one of the best anniversary giveaways ever !

Edited by 123-motown
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Forgot to mention that I had the privilege to DJ at that last night.

Steve

I did a few Bretby all niters back in the 90's - I think Chris King and Dave Thorley were promoting them then. I know quite a few different people promoted the venue over the years.

Who was running it when it closed Steve?

Cheers

Peter

Social source share

I did a few Bretby all niters back in the 90's - I think Chris King and Dave Thorley were promoting them then. I know quite a few different people promoted the venue over the years.

Who was running it when it closed Steve?

Cheers

Peter

It was Sam Moore that was running it in the end Peter.

Think Chris Anderton was the original promoter, Chris king run it for a while including his 40th when he gave away the Marvin Gaye love starved heart 7" single,

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Think Chris Anderton was the original promoter, Chris king run it for a while including his 40th when he gave away the Marvin Gaye love starved heart 7" single,

Steve

Cheers Steve

Yep, was at Chris's 40th and a few more round that time. Hooked up with Gavin Page a bit round those times. He's a good lad - not seen him for a bit.  :shades:

Sending you and Lou my best from Nottingham Sir.

Peter

Social source share

Cheers Steve

Yep, was at Chris's 40th and a few more round that time. Hooked up with Gavin Page a bit round those times. He's a good lad - not seen him for a bit.  :shades:

Sending you and Lou my best from Nottingham Sir.

Peter

I gave my Marvin Gaye single away because I had I real one. (No smileys still )

Yeah Gavin used to play a mean tune or two in that back room. So many memories.

Bought my Marcia Hines wizard 7" there amongst others.Think there was only about six known singles at the time most people had it on the album.

Best regards back at you my friend

Steve

Social source share

Steve

I was there that night. It was my first ever allnighter north of London. The modern room was great too and there was even a crossover room. I didn’t know what it was then and I was further confused when someone played “Tune Up” lol.

I remember going on another occasion the following July and the allnighter couldn’t open until after midnight as there was a wedding reception going on. It was a lovely evening though so remember sitting on the grass outside chatting to Dave Thorley and a few others until we could get in.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Some superb nights there mid-late 90's - great mix of oldies and newies with Butch and Pat Brady spinning and selling tunes.

Remember Butch berating the crowd one time when his Dennis Edwards 'I didn't have to' cleared the dancefloor, but generally a real buzz about the place and always very busy when I was there.

Used to go with my good mates from Notts Stuart Leyland and Pete Rear, who I haven't seen for a long time now 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!