Dave Moore

Articles: HOF: Ady Croasdell - Outstanding Contribution Inductee

Thanks Daves and fellow Soul Sourcerers, I'm very touched (as you know).

It is a great honour to be the first soul person from this side of the Atlantic to be recognised by my peers, mates and drinking partners. It is slightly ironic as I always think that the Northern scene is sometimes too self-absorbed and not enough focus is given to the singers, producers, arrangers, songwriters and musicians who created this stunning music that we love so much. However as there are so many of these heroes of ours being honoured at the same time, I must admit to being tickled pink about being nominated and chosen alongside those great names.

To share the stage with Maxine Brown who my 6TS partner Randy championed so tirelessly is a thrill and to have the multi-talented Lorraine Chandler as a board member for the awards is humbling too. I also think that Soul Source and its members are the most helpful, knowledgeable and witty group of soul fans on the net and they and the site has helped me hugely in my Kent and 6TS work; the encouragement I get really does keep me motivated.

Finally I'm sure we are all glad that the late Bob Abrahamian has been recognised for the intellectual giant he was, as witnessed by the outpouring of sorrow on this site when we heard of his death earlier this year.

Here's to you Bob

Ady

you are a top bloke Adi, from these that have had a go from these parts, without you inclusion we would be worse off and remember " that's better than my wife's fanny" :yes:  

Edited by PaulDonnelly

Top man, thoroughly deserved - but don't forget that in 1978/9 Ady was an essential member of the "Backroom Boys" at Yate, supplying Ian Clark, Tony Ellis etc. with tunes and contributing to the crazy nights there...:-)

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss

What a top man and one of the most genuine human beings I've ever met....100% deserved,....you introduced me to some of the best music known to exhist through your Kent albums.....and I've danced to some of it at the 100 club.

You keep comming up with the goods time and time again.

Bravo Ady bravo!

Andy

If it wasn't for Kent LPs then CDs, I wouldn't know and love most of the soul music I do.  Be it Northern oldies or gut wrenching deep southern soul, I take my hat off to Ady and his team at Ace for the great music and the information in the booklets.  Well deserved.

ady should get an OBE for service to vinyl, finding and getting the right to legitimately reproduce such quality vinyls and compilations also for running the worlds longest allnight venue truely the top of the list and rightly so a hall of famer

One of the best pieces of informative writing, presentation and tributes put on Soul Source, IMO of course. Well done Dave and huge congratulations to Ady, a well deserved accolade for all the hard work  and commitment you have tirelessly put in.

Kev

ady should get an OBE for service to vinyl, finding and getting the right to legitimately reproduce such quality vinyls and compilations also for running the worlds longest allnight venue truely the top of the list and rightly so a hall of famer

How about a MBE...if Norman Jay can get one for "services to music" then Ady must certainly qualify! :yes:

How about a MBE...if Norman Jay can get one for "services to music" then Ady must certainly qualify! :yes:

[/quote

defo mate done more for music than that cue jump lol! ady has been one of the major cog's that kept the soul scene moving dont think norman jay can say the same about house music

And I only realised a few years back that he was probably the "Barrow-Boy" from whom I bought a large amount of my early "American Imports" from,  back in 72-73 while I was working in London.....quite possibly relieving me of most of my £13.00 per week earnings.  :shhh:

A fitting tribute to somebody who clearly has the passion to make it all work. I first stumbled across you when I purchased a Kent LP with 'I'm gonna love you a long long time'/Patti and the Emblems on it, after hearing the track on Radio Caroline of all places, whilst driving to work. Congratulations Ady. I never thought in a million years back then I would ever have known who you were, or sat in Frank Bendinelli's home talking about that song! On a romantic level, the 'forever and ever' male chorus of the track is on the inside of my wedding ring from that release you did! 

Nicely written piece too, David and Dave - or for short - 'the Dave's'!

Edited by Carl Dixon

I'm already looking for some countries in need of a new President !!!!! failing that Ady....you could run for mayor of Cleethorpes  :thumbup:

I have already recognized (dubbed, as in vocal) him with the diamond needle, Ady Croasdell, HOF! :thumbup:

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.