Articles: HOF: Ady Croasdell - Outstanding Contribution Inductee

• 4 weeks later...

What a top man and one of the most genuine human beings I've ever met....100% deserved,....you introduced me to some of the best music known to exhist through your Kent albums.....and I've danced to some of it at the 100 club.

You keep comming up with the goods time and time again.

Bravo Ady bravo!

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

How about a MBE...if Norman Jay can get one for "services to music" then Ady must certainly qualify! :yes:

[/quote

defo mate done more for music than that cue jump lol! ady has been one of the major cog's that kept the soul scene moving dont think norman jay can say the same about house music

Social source share

And I only realised a few years back that he was probably the "Barrow-Boy" from whom I bought a large amount of my early "American Imports" from,  back in 72-73 while I was working in London.....quite possibly relieving me of most of my £13.00 per week earnings.  :shhh:

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

A fitting tribute to somebody who clearly has the passion to make it all work. I first stumbled across you when I purchased a Kent LP with 'I'm gonna love you a long long time'/Patti and the Emblems on it, after hearing the track on Radio Caroline of all places, whilst driving to work. Congratulations Ady. I never thought in a million years back then I would ever have known who you were, or sat in Frank Bendinelli's home talking about that song! On a romantic level, the 'forever and ever' male chorus of the track is on the inside of my wedding ring from that release you did! 

Nicely written piece too, David and Dave - or for short - 'the Dave's'!

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

How about a MBE...if Norman Jay can get one for "services to music" then Ady must certainly qualify! :yes:

I have already recognized (dubbed, as in vocal) him with the diamond needle, Ady Croasdell, HOF! :thumbup:

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!