Patti Jo - Make Me Believe In You On Ebay

macca

This guy is having a laugh describing this 'visually graded' PJ as EX, isn't he? 

$300 too... I'd love a minter of this. Heard it out a couple of weeks back and it sounded amazing, really amazing... Packed the floor too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Funk-Soul-PATTI-JO-Make-Me-Believe-In-You-PHILIPPINES-WND-45-06-/111437822022?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19f2363846

Social source share

That's a pretty scarce Philippines(!) issue of that 45 on the eBay link above though!

Patti Jo is the original version from April 1973.

Curtis Mayfield is from April/May 1974.

There's a also decent version by Melba Moore from 1979:

Melba Moore released a version of "Ain't No Love Lost" which Patti Jo also recorded the original version of:

Edited by Sebastian
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

This guy is having a laugh describing this 'visually graded' PJ as EX, isn't he? 

$300 too... I'd love a minter of this. Heard it out a couple of weeks back and it sounded amazing, really amazing... Packed the floor too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Funk-Soul-PATTI-JO-Make-Me-Believe-In-You-PHILIPPINES-WND-45-06-/111437822022?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19f2363846

Sorry, but what's your point? Condition? Or price?

Social source share

That's a pretty scarce Philippines(!) issue of that 45 on the eBay link above though!

Well you live and learn.

Never thought for a moment that Patti Jo's version would have made it to vinyl before Curtis's. 

Edited by Kegsy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

There's a also decent version by Melba Moore from 1979:

Melba Moore released a version of "Ain't No Love Lost" which Patti Jo also recorded the original version of:

Nice versions Seb neither of which I was familiar with  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well you live and learn.

Never thought for a moment that Patti Jo's version would have made it to vinyl before Curtis's. 

The reason was because Curtis was contracted to Scepter to write and produce songs at the time, and was would you believe running short of material / behind with his quota. Scepter sent Patti Jo to work with him, as soon as she had signed with them.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Benji, I guess if I werr selling myself I couldn't bring myself to put an EX grade on it. He hasn't listened to it and the label is rather fooked, isn't it? If it's worth $300 as a rare Phillipine release then fair enough. I may be wrong but I tend to view record gradings as a whole, both vinyl and labels.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There is little info out there about Patti Jo, apparently she was only 16

when she recorded Make Me Believe In You.

Social source share

There is little info out there about Patti Jo, apparently she was only 16

when she recorded Make Me Believe In You.

Not correct....there is quite a bit of info out there on her....you need to update your search engine man :wicked:  :D I even posted several pages of an interview she gave in Black Stars magazine.....it's in the Soul Source archive.

Social source share

Not correct....there is quite a bit of info out there on her....you need to update your search engine man :wicked:  :D I even posted several pages of an interview she gave in Black Stars magazine.....it's in the Soul Source archive.

Sorry I stand erected

Social source share

Benji, I guess if I werr selling myself I couldn't bring myself to put an EX grade on it. He hasn't listened to it and the label is rather fooked, isn't it? If it's worth $300 as a rare Phillipine release then fair enough. I may be wrong but I tend to view record gradings as a whole, both vinyl and labels.

Ok, I see your point re. grading and agree, record should be graded as whole and playgraded as well. Don't think it's too much off price-wise though if vinyl is really EX.

Didn't know that both Melba Moore and Curtis himself recorded it as well. Just played them, both nice, ok-ish. But PJ wins it easily.

Social source share

Well I stand open mouthed as I didn't know Melbas versions either but having said that Patti still edges it for me, especially if its Tom Moultons mix. Very happy sweat drenched wide eyed nights spent spinning and dipping to her in the days when iIcould do all that without risking a cardiac arrest and Steve 'The Silver Soul Fox' G had not a trace of the Schofield upon his flowing locks :-)

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!