Articles: The Mystery of Junior McCants - Cincinnati Library Panel

Mike

Guest Decroco

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!

Had several virus threats since going on this site, KEEP WELL AWAY.

Social source share

Nice story.  Sorry to hear that the reason his 2nd record is so rare is because he died so young of cancer, and was fighting it off from age 6.  That's very tragic.  Nice to know that he was relatively happy, and seems to have enjoyed the time he did have, and seemed to make the most of it.  I will have a different attitude towards listening to his songs.  I've had his first record since it was out in 1965.  Now I'm not surprised that I never got his second (although I DID see it 4 or 5 times in other's collections.  Maybe I passed up buying it at least once, because it cost too much (over $2).

• Helpful 3
Social source share

"Help my love" ,(not Help me love),is one of my favourite ballads.Lyrically must have meant so much to Jnr McCants,one of the most heart wrenching tracks i've heard.Backed with "Boy needs a girl" an ex wdj sits proudly in my small collection.Love it.

Now only to find the other one........

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Never of my deck, his or Charles Spurling 45.,, in fact Charles penned 'Juniors' tracks didn't he? There is something about the arrangement and style of his tracks I find irresistible, but then I guess most others on here feel the same don't you??

Msl

Social source share

Never of my deck, his or Charles Spurling 45.,, in fact Charles penned 'Juniors' tracks didn't he? There is something about the arrangement and style of his tracks I find irresistible, but then I guess most others on here feel the same don't you??

Msl

Yes and his mid-tempo tracks like Mr Cool and Popcorn Charlie have their own idiosyncrasies too

Social source share

We actually put out all 4 sides, two on King Northern Soul and both flips-including the obviously super-rare She Wrote It, I Read It on King Serious Soul Vol 2.

On one of the youtube clip,his niece says the family have a gold disc for "She wrote it."

One other lovely comment is someone realising his/her mother is a backing singer on "Help my love".Wonderful.!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!