Condors?

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

condors 'let me down easy" who were the real artists? (my brain has ceased to function!!) JM had one for auction what was the label? did anyone get a scan?

Cheers

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

condors 'let me down easy" who were the real artists? (my brain has ceased to function!!) JM had one for auction what was the label? did anyone get a scan?

Cheers

pretty sure this was disussed on a topic not too long ago, sure someone can dig it out.

Two different sounding versions if I remember right with the Condors version sounding much better.

Grant

Social source share

pretty sure this was disussed on a topic not too long ago, sure someone can dig it out.

Two different sounding versions if I remember right with the Condors version sounding much better.

Grant

Hi Grant ,I have put both sides of the Condors on the tape :thumbsup: Sheldon "label" for Toddlin Town that did not get a release for Toddlin......but did get a release on Limelight

Meet me half way/Let me down easy.....However both "versions" sound the same to me :ohmy: ATB Steve

Social source share

Hi Grant ,I have put both sides of the Condors on the tape :ohmy: Sheldon "label" for Toddlin Town that did not get a release for Toddlin......but did get a release on Limelight

Meet me half way/Let me down easy.....However both "versions" sound the same to me :lol: ATB Steve

Isnt the Limelight one credited to Jeanie & the Gents or something Steve? I've got soundfiles of both somewhere, pretty sure they sound different - will dig them out tonite when I get home and have a listen.

Grant :thumbsup:

Social source share

Isnt the Limelight one credited to Jeanie & the Gents or something Steve? I've got soundfiles of both somewhere, pretty sure they sound different - will dig them out tonite when I get home and have a listen.

Grant :thumbsup:

Hi Grant....Jeanie &the Gentlemen...and you're right it is a different cut ,just had a quick listen on JMs RoR.ATB Steve

Social source share

must add at this point,i used to own that jeanie & gentlemen copy,and it is the same group,same song as the condors on sheldon,quite simply a group name change on a different label,but the limelight copy has a song on the b side called"meet me halfway"and it blows the socks off the other side,i will get the soundfile out and put it up for judgement,and if your reading jo,i wish i had sold it to you sweetheart xxx

Social source share

must add at this point,i used to own that jeanie & gentlemen copy,and it is the same group,same song as the condors on sheldon,quite simply a group name change on a different label,but the limelight copy has a song on the b side called"meet me halfway"and it blows the socks off the other side,i will get the soundfile out and put it up for judgement,and if your reading jo,i wish i had sold it to you sweetheart xxx

Hi Lee,hope you are well :lol: ...Meet me halfway by "Jeanie" I have not heard...but it is on the other side of the Condors...Superb...you know me I cannot place tunes on line :lol: But as Grant said, it is a different cut.........on 'tother side.ATB Stevie

I know who ,via some one else,purchased the copy you had :lol:

Social source share

hi steve,its been a while,yes,jo from birmingham had it from me,but there seems to be more emphisis on the let me down easy side,when the meet me halfway is far superior,proper midtempo with a trumpet solo in the middle that is out of this world,anyway,what you been up to,pm if you like,catch up a bit.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!