Voltaire Pier - Chocolate Boys

Tomangoes

Can any reader throw some light on this brilliant instrumental (a sort of wade in the water with pianos).

My copy is on French Aquarious, and I only heard it in the Four Seasons Soul Club - Scarboro around 1977 (Piss up bank holiday weekends and a forerunner to todays sofistacted events). I was told it was an old Torch newie, but never heard it since.

Come forward Wise People. :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can any reader throw some light on this brilliant instrumental (a sort of wade in the water with pianos).

My copy is on French Aquarious, and I only heard it in the Four Seasons Soul Club - Scarboro around 1977 (Piss up bank holiday weekends and a forerunner to todays sofistacted events). I was told it was an old Torch newie, but never heard it since.

link

It's been picking up quite a lot of plays in the North West over the last year or so, 'Covered up' as Ramsey Lewis Two.

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

link

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Also got a release on British label Aquarius AQ1. Decca release is FR13556. Credits on the former go to 'CHOCOLATS' and is considered very rare.Possible conections to Geoff Love Orch. There are other exciting releases on Aquarius with poss potential for plays. Aquarius is part of President Recs. :lol:

Social source share

And discovered by moi as a new release when UNIDISC label boss George Cucazella regularly sent me Canadinan promos(yes I am the bad guy who gave you DEBBIE FLEMING, TODAYS PEOPLE, MAJOR SYMPHONY)

Interesting times back then.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Funnily enough i remember about five years back Lee Vowles picking it out of a box in his garage and playing it to me saying how great it would be if records like this were still played :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure he's given it a few spins over the past couple of years at the Half Time Orange

Trouty

Social source share

• 8 years later...

Should this not be in the sales section?  :lol:

Sorry Steve. Typical opportunism going on here. It's actually quite collectible for the rare Disco crowd too. I actually promoted the Decca version in the mid 70's I seem to remember but the U.K. Aquarius label looks so beautiful.....whoops....there I go again...... :lol:

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!