Sy Hytower

Gasher

Whilst In Middlewich on Friday I played this as my last record of the set

and a bloke comes up to me and says

"Ive got this on a green label same Carmen but green and cream "

I think was the exact words..But I said no

NO WAY HOS'E doesnt exist to my or Manships knowledge

anyone else have one or can confirm its existence on this colour or am I being wound up here...

:lol:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

anyone else have one or can confirm its existence on this colour or am I being wound up here...

Yours is a boot - I have a footwear fetish. You do the maths :lol:

Social source share

Richie,

According to a man who knows:

the Sy Hightower in plain PINK label black text was the FIRST press. But did another run this time adding the Silver Butterfly.

Apparently they were mostly shipped to Florida where the label owner knew a promo guy. After that who knows?? I got my copy from a contact in Connetticut. Work that one out!

The guy who has the GREEN copy is either very ill or colourblind.

Social source share

as I said John I mentioned your bit to him as I quiried this with you before as I have the First Press copy..

but he was adamant that his was green

I just laughed it off and told him Even you'd never heard of it.

the lad your talkin about is called Alan

dont want to mension his last name,incase its a boot and he feels silly

told me about it to

will try to get it off him to scan

keith williams

Social source share

as I said John I mentioned your bit to him as I quiried this with you before as I have the First Press copy..

but he was adamant that his was green

I just laughed it off and told him Even you'd never heard of it.

Keith I owe you the entrance fee for Friday- Soory I gatecrashed - didnt know you had to Pay just wanted to surprise the Gasher

Regards Steve

Social source share

Richie,

According to a man who knows:

the Sy Hightower in plain PINK label black text was the FIRST press. But did another run this time adding the Silver Butterfly.

Apparently they were mostly shipped to Florida where the label owner knew a promo guy. After that who knows?? I got my copy from a contact in Connetticut. Work that one out!

The guy who has the GREEN copy is either very ill or colourblind.

;)Here's the facts right from Carmelita and Jerry Pittman (They are "Carmen" records. She designed the labels, and both sing backup on Sy's release; He sings on the Carmelita single as well!)

Sy Hightower;

300 pink only

500 pink/silver

Carmelita single;

500 pink/silver

I spent several years trying to track them down, turns out they live less that 2 miles from me (!)...I finally found them 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, they only had a couple of Sy's, and a handful of Carmelita's.

They were paid over $7000 for these (no lie), so any rumours of either dipping in value are totally false! I bought all of em' they had (which wasn't very many), so there aren't any that will surface unless a promo guy in Florida has one! It is believed that most of the pressings were discarded in the mid 70's. I am being VERY selective about the marketing of these, bear in mind there is a lot of money into them..

Bid high on Manship's copy of Carmelita if you really want it, there won't be too many available soon...

Edited by MikeVague
Social source share

;)Here's the facts right from Carmelita and Jerry Pittman (They are "Carmen" records. She designed the labels, and both sing backup on Sy's release; He sings on the Carmelita single as well!)

Sy Hightower;

300 pink only

500 pink/silver

Carmelita single;

500 pink/silver

I spent several years trying to track them down, turns out they live less that 2 miles from me (!)...I finally found them 3 months ago.

They were paid over $7000 for these (no lie), so any rumours of either dipping in value are totally false! I bought all of em' they had (which wasn't very many), so there aren't any that will surface unless a promo guy in Florida has one! It is believed that most of the pressings were discarded in the mid 70's. I am being VERY selective about the marketing of these, bear in mind there is a lot of money into them..

Bid high on Manship's copy of Carmelita if you really want it, there won't be too many available soon...

how manys a hand ful 5 or if your C(with these handsF 25 :wicked:

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

Sy Hightower;

300 pink only

500 pink/silver

Carmelita single;

500 pink/silver

I cant remember if mine was pink or pink silver but it was burnt along with my mothers house :P so there are now only 799 on carmen. :yes:
Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

The above mentioned burnt one,I found in the Camden Town Record and Tape Exchange in the early to mid 80s for a matter of pence so they did find their way over here.I cant say anyone showed much interest in it back then.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!