nsaints

Hello - Short Time Lurker

Thought I'd better introduce myself after a few weeks lurking..

So after a 25 year break after selling up - something prompted me to taking an interest again and start collecting (I don't think it was the film and all the associated hype)

Attended a few soul nights recently after not taking any interest whilst kids came along

The folk who run the soul nights knew I used to have have an OK collection and asked if I fancied a stint DJing - "sorry no collection anymore, sold up years ago"

Incidentally what prompted me sell was some t**t decided to pinch a few records off me - helping himself out of my unattended box at a soul night

That's water under the bridge now and I'd rather not rake up bad memories beyond giving you a little background

I recognize a few names on here.. 

EG Pete S - think I used to buy a lot from you at various niters in the mid/late 80's?

After the shock of current prices - which quite frankly is very off putting in starting to collect again, I've decided to start at the bottom picking up a few cheaper sounds and see where that takes me

The DJ for under £25 thread was very useful for me - Johnny Moore (forgotten that one) - £12 from Canada, The Young Folk - Lonely Girl - £15 (never knew this one and I love it)

So a question from me - Whats this book with prices I should get as a reference?

and also outside John M, Pat B, Discogs, Soul Source sales, EBay anywhere else I should look to buy from? 

If you've got to here in my 1st post and not fallen asleep - hope to see you around and maybe trade some vinyl with you in the near future

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.