Tim Brown Auction

Eddyw

Guest Ivor Jones

his auction doesnt show final prices,his auction works the same way as making offers on here,no one ever really knows or see's anything unless the seller decides to reveal.

a bit dated really compared to others.

Well I'm sure Tim will let people know if anyone wants to ask him……Always found him very straight to deal with personally.

Social source share

Everybody has a go at John Manship's auction - but when you look at the other main auctions - Tim's and Pat's -  John's is a million light years ahead in terms of transparency, openness, user-friendliness etc.

Cheers

Richard

I don't think anyone has a go at JM's auction, it's the people that use it that cause wonderment.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Just think everyone should 1) adopt winning bid is an increment above the last highest bid approach (i.e. proxy bidding - not blind bidding) and also 2) be open and transparent about the final bid - so we all know the result and can see how we did.

Think that would actually encourage more, and higher, bids on some auctions - where perhaps the general lack of confidence isn't there among the punters just now.

Thank you and goodnight  :)

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

hi , what was the finishing price for

Bettye Swann - when the game is played on you , atlantic

Thanks Eddy

Hi mate, don't know final price on TB auction, but if it's any help one went through on Ebay last week at £120 although that was Jamaican .....Phil

Edited by garswood
Social source share

I have been watching the copies going through ebay this week , also one going today as well , I had to go out on Saturday so I missed the end of tims auction , with 3 hours to go it was on £275 , I will be selling 2 Jamaican and one us issue this week , so I was looking to see what to ask for them ,  that's all to be honest , Thanks Eddy

Social source share

I have been watching the copies going through ebay this week , also one going today as well , I had to go out on Saturday so I missed the end of tims auction , with 3 hours to go it was on £275 , I will be selling 2 Jamaican and one us issue this week , so I was looking to see what to ask for them , that's all to be honest , Thanks Eddy

Nice bit of sales promotion Eddie...slow build up and reel em in :)
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Although  "WHEN THE GAME IS PLAYED ON YOU" didn't chart how rare can it be? How many Atlantic issues have remained above 100 squid and what is the likelihood of a box of these 'turning up' .. Given the quality of the tune it should fetch at least as 'KISS MY LOVE GOODBYE" regardless..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The Jamaican Sam Dees have never seen the shores of the island at all , and I would suspect the Jamacian Betty Swanns as well

That's a really interesting statement?

Would be great if you could add a bit more flesh to the bones, as I've heard that before said about Sam Dees and now of course Bettye Swann? Can you give us some harder evidence or is it just your opinion?

Don't mean owt funny by this, just interested to know what you base your statement on?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

The Jamaican Sam Dees have never seen the shores of the island at all , and I would suspect the Jamacian Betty Swanns as well

Interesting, I had 2 off a Japanese dealer who sells predominantly reggae 45's most

of which are Jamaican labels/copies. Its also says on the Bettye Swanns something about Dynamic sounds.

I have also bought Atlantic 45's Inc. Sam Dees in Jamaica when on holiday.

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

Sam Dees all came from an Aussie dealer in Sydney..  I looked at a box of 200 plus of them all originally sleeved when I visited his shop, he has been supplying John Manship for years I guess...think I paid $40 USD for mine in 2004/5...

Malcolm

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!