Celeste Hardie - Reversed Labels

Soulie78

Hi!

Got a copy of Celeste Hardie - You're Gone from the bay about a month ago.

It has reversed labels, are any other out there?

The seller didn't mention it in the auction, but I'll keep it as it's a great record in my opinion. But if I would think about selling it, is there a formula how much money I have to take away from the normal "booking" price?

Or could it even be that it's bootleged?

Your opinions please.

thanks, Martin W.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi!

Got a copy of Celeste Hardie - You're Gone from the bay about a month ago.

It has reversed labels, are any other out there?

The seller didn't mention it in the auction, but I'll keep it as it's a great record in my opinion. But if I would think about selling it, is there a formula how much money I have to take away from the normal "booking" price?

Or could it even be that it's bootleged?

Your opinions please.

thanks, Martin W.

link

Don't think there are any bootlegs of this. I personally wouldn't care if a record had reversed labels at all if I were buying.

Social source share

But then again - on some releases all labels are reversed.

By the way - I've had 2 copies of Celest Hardie and both of them

had labels the right way.

Edited by cC B
Social source share

I had a copy of Joey Delorenzo that had reversed labels, twas an original, but didn't get near the book price in Moonships.

Amusingly, the value is now £1.3k in the new guide!!!

You'll only get what someone is willing to pay at that time. Luck is an important ingredient in selling. If you get two people who want it, then bingo.

If it's not on anyones' wants list at that time, then no matter how good it is, you ain't gonna get the dollar you want for it.

Jamie

Social source share

Ive had the Celeste about 6 or 7 times now (i live in the Bay). So far ive only had one that had a reverse label. I didnt realize it at the time but the buyer let me know upon receiving it.

Cant help you in the area of a price reduction due to it but ill be interviewing the label owner and some of the musicians he worked with on the label next week. if anyone has any questions theyd like me to field for them youre welcome to post it here or you can be private and PM it to me.

Two cents: Regardless of the label switch its truly one of the best female 45s to come out of San Francisco.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!