Passionate Or Not About Soul

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

Got to post this as it always seems to get some kind of involvement in posts when not questioning peoples passion, so here goes.

does passion mean buying expensive rare records or dj`ing with or without expensive rare records or attending big weekenders/allnighters or just soul nights or just being a member on SS, add your own thoughts if you can be bothered.

some people live for it and some make a living out of it and some have it as a hobby.

different kinds of passion but still a passion

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got to post this as it always seems to get some kind of involvement in posts not questioning peoples passion, so here goes.

does passion mean buying expensive rare records or dj`ing with or without expensive rare records or attending big weekenders/allnighters or just soul nights or just being a member on SS, add your own thoughts if you can be bothered.

Every one has passion in there own individual way, Q answered :yes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Passion for Northern Soul is rather like making love to a beautiful woman. :lol:

Sometimes you'll do anything to stay up all night working up a real sweat, other times you'll just be in the mood to sit in a bath and listen alone :yes:

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Passion for Northern Soul is rather like making love to a beautiful woman. :lol:

Sometimes you'll do anything to stay up all night working up a real sweat, other times you'll just be in the mood to sit in a bath and listen alone :yes:

Forgot about howe good the the first one is Mikey :lol: ........but dont tell the wife :lol:

Whether you collect records, go soul nites, niters, dj or just play a part on SS - once NS gets a grip of you it never leaves you......believe me I have left the scene a few times but always been drawn back by my love for the music, the people involved etc etc

Grant

Social source share

Forgot about howe good the the first one is Mikey :lol: ........but dont tell the wife :yes:

Whether you collect records, go soul nites, niters, dj or just play a part on SS - once NS gets a grip of you it never leaves you......believe me I have left the scene a few times but always been drawn back by my love for the music, the people involved etc etc

Grant

I collect records, dance my head off, and post on here - does that make me obsessed?

Social source share

Am I passionate.cos I go out most friday and saturdays to Venues far and near generally spending around 150 + quid every weekend ?

would I be more passionate if I spent that cash on original Vinyl and didnt go out?

I love the Music

I love the people

I love the atmosphere

love the dancing ( but its hard work these days blush.gif )

I bloody love it all

I think Im passionate

Bazza

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

I'd agree with what someone said earlier about it (soul) getting into your blood. Though ive only been into Northern Soul for a few years i cant see it ever going away.As i Teenager I was into drum and bass, garage then indie, the whole time waiting for the next thing. Once i got into northern soul and funk...........i realised i'd actualy found what i was looking for. I think people are passionate in different ways, some are mad for expensive rare records others are mad for the allnigter scene...others are just mad. Talking to older people at weekenders and allnighters proves to me that this music is like some sort of drug that has people hooked for years.....as someone whos name i cant remeber said to me "once it's in your blood son, yer fucked"

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

my family and friends think im mad as i never stop looking for the right tunes to add to my collection and why do i do this, i must be passionate about it or collecting, but i wont question my friends passion when they only go out once in a blue moon because they dont spend silly money and search for new tunes and just ask me to do them another cd of the latest stuff i found, each to thier own as im in it for my own reasons.

Bearsy :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I think I may be just a tad passionate about soul :wicked:

just because you have 5000 plus posts does`nt mean you couldnt be an imposter :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

got into soul in 1973 and still here- think thats an obsession wacko.gif

does that mean you gone past the passion bit then or are you on about your aftershave :wicked:

Social source share

does that mean you gone past the passion bit then or are you on about your aftershave :lol:

:wicked: Our Taffy does not need after shave as such ,he uses the inside of a fair maidens thighs for that longer lasting scent :lol:

Social source share

Since 14 my whole way of life has been around Northern - Record collecting - dancing all nite - friends, nothing else I've come across in life has stirred feelings and passion the way Northern soul does it's just a way of life that come's from the very heart n soul of me...... :thumbsup:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Since 14 my whole way of life has been around Northern - Record collecting - dancing all nite - friends, nothing else I've come across in life has stirred feelings and passion the way Northern soul does it's just a way of life that come's from the very heart n soul of me...... :thumbsup:

Karen

Bloody hell Sanquine that was deep, id say you got passion alright, i hope you never lose that passion too.

Social source share

Bloody hell Sanquine that was deep, id say you got passion alright, i hope you never lose that passion too.

Not a chance in a million :ohmy:

Been 28 yrs :lol: think it's with me for life - though I'm gonna live till 80 so another 38yrs who knows.... :thumbsup:

( Think's seriously for 1 sec ) Nope - defo with me for life :P

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

I have a passion :thumbsup: With a love affair that started nearly 30 years ago, that has taken me on a roller coaster ride of emotion throughout our relationship, its never let me down yet, and I love it just as much now as I did then. Northern Soul Obsessive? Course I am! wouldn't have it any other way :thumbsup: x

Social source share

Guest Soulgroova

Only relatively new to the Northern Soul scene about 1yr having been introduced by a really good friend and really, really, have a passion for the music, the more I hear the more I love.

Went to a Dean Parrish do in Hove last year, my very first Northern Soul do...very happy to know a few of the tunes that were played there, but really enjoyed Dean's music.

Hoping to go to an alnighter in Stoke in Oct my very first and I am looking forward to it.

I love the music that I hear, enjoy dancing to it and have met some very nice people.

J. :D

Social source share

Only relatively new to the Northern Soul scene about 1yr having been introduced by a really good friend and really, really, have a passion for the music, the more I hear the more I love.

Went to a Dean Parrish do in Hove last year, my very first Northern Soul do...very happy to know a few of the tunes that were played there, but really enjoyed Dean's music.

Hoping to go to an alnighter in Stoke in Oct my very first and I am looking forward to it.

I love the music that I hear, enjoy dancing to it and have met some very nice people.

J. :D

welcome to soul source...

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

for me i enjoy hearing tunes, collecting CD's/records and i read about Northern soul and go to the nighters so there for that's my passion on it.

What would really bug me is people who only like Northern soul or one type of music and always have to critczie you if you tell them you like other music aswell because they think cause you talk about Northern soul and stuff maybe you not into anything else and as soon as you say i like Metal music or whatever they are quick to hate you as i know i am into pretty much all styles of music

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!