Ebay-Is This Strange ?

just put a bid on turley richards "need to fall in love", got a notification back "out bid", looked through the other stuff he had for sale and put a bid on something else, once again "outbid", looked through all 176 records he has got for sale, every one has got at least one bid, what are the chances of that ?, 176 out of 176 , bit strange i reckon

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest son of stan

First bidder seems to have punted a quid on all of them. I can see that. It's a nice little collection. Can't see what the fiddle would be if it was the seller doing this...(not me...btw!)

Social source share

just put a bid on turley richards "need to fall in love", got a notification back "out bid", looked through the other stuff he had for sale and put a bid on something else, once again "outbid", looked through all 176 records he has got for sale, every one has got at least one bid, what are the chances of that ?, 176 out of 176 , bit strange i reckon

Are they all the same bidder ? I couldn't find it, has it ended already ?

Social source share

£48 with 7 hours to go for Edwin Starr- Time (Phook me!)

Possible shill bidder IMO -= puts  a lowest bid he will sell them for so they don't go for 49p or 99p

Ive never heard of the same bidder putting bids on over a hundred pieces with the same seller and the bidder only has under 700 feedbacks.

The other question is did the bidder bid again and when?

Just looked at the 30 day history of the bidder over 350 bids with this seller and total bid history is 69%

If the seller is thick and is shill bidding he will have put on the same amount on each item which indicates shill bids - Just look at the finished items.

His ID is I***_ and his feedback is 687

Just looked at a few and doesn't appear so!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Possible shill bidder IMO -= puts  a lowest bid he will sell them for so they don't go for 49p or 99p

Ive never heard of the same bidder putting bids on over a hundred pieces with the same seller and the bidder only has under 700 feedbacks.

But that alleged shill bidder has only placed bids of £1.  There doesn't seem any reason for a seller to do that.  It looks rather that the bidder is hoping to get cheap any records that no one else bids on.  There are still a few that close today for which he is the only bidder, and more for which the highest bid is just £1.20.   

With these tactics you wouldn't expect him to get many purchases, and hence not much feedback.

Edited by AlanB
Social source share

But that alleged shill bidder has only placed bids of £1.  There doesn't seem any reason for a seller to do that.  It looks rather that the bidder is hoping to get cheap any records that no one else bids on.  There are still a few that close today for which he is the only bidder, and more for which the highest bid is just £1.20.   

With these tactics you wouldn't expect him to get many purchases, and hence not much feedback.

I agree Alan hence my last line!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!