Fallout

Sjclement

A bit HOW MUCH? really but I've noticed two boots of the Salvadors go for £78 & £52 on e bay not to mention Shirley Ellis (vg & sounds it!) 70's CBS pressing for £13 and good old Duke Browner on Grapevine for £78.

Do you think the film has anything to do with this? :g:

Social source share

A bit HOW MUCH? really but I've noticed two boots of the Salvadors go for £78 & £52 on e bay not to mention Shirley Ellis (vg & sounds it!) 70's CBS pressing for £13 and good old Duke Browner on Grapevine for £78.

Someone will have to put one hell of an argument up, to prove definitively that the film has prompted or caused this. 

Social source share

Someone will have to put one hell of an argument up, to prove definitively that the film has prompted or caused this. 

Like "you wait for a Salvadors to come along and the two appear at the same time"

I've a large collection of boots/reissues that one day I'll sell, is this a good time to sell ? It always seems that this time of year seems to be prime time for getting the best prices, film or not.

Social source share

does anybody know how they came up with the name 'Ray Henderson' was he a waiter in a local Indian the night before, or somebodies dad perhaps?

I didn't go to Wigan or any of that, far too young, but I remember the day I came across a boot of the Salvadors in a collection that was for sale in the Flea market in Birmingham, I didn't have enough to buy the lot so was going back every other day with as much as I could muster, the moment I saw that record I knew... bought it went home and it blew my head off... which I guess is most peoples experience of that track.... in the bootleg form that is...

M

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

does anybody know how they came up with the name 'Ray Henderson' was he a waiter in a local Indian the night before, or somebodies dad perhaps?

I didn't go to Wigan or any of that, far too young, but I remember the day I came across a boot of the Salvadors in a collection that was for sale in the Flea market in Birmingham, I didn't have enough to buy the lot so was going back every other day with as much as I could muster, the moment I saw that record I knew... bought it went home and it blew my head off... which I guess is most peoples experience of that track.... in the bootleg form that is...

M

Rumour is it's modelled on Guy Hennigan, the tasche, the thin tie, the fags, the cool demeanour. Ray Henderson/Guy Hennigan?

Social source share

I think there probably is a little bit of that happening as when adverts have used northern tunes you hear them out more & the price spikes for a little while.But boots have been making some strange prices for ages now so it can't all be laid at the film's door?

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest son of stan

Bit of topic maybe but..

Heard Dean Courtney 'I'll Always Need You' in M&S in Islington yesterday!

And Liz Lands in the pub in the evening (in Clerkenwell - seems de rigeur for the pubs to play soul round here.. )

Possibly something to do with The Film?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!