Bobby Sheen Something New To Do

Tubbs

Guest Awake 502

Are the white demo boots of Bobby Sheen something new to do all on see through vinyl? just got a copy through and this looks to new. The copy i got is not see through vinyl. Are there any other differences in label design etc?

Tubbs

link

Easiest way is on the boot "Something new to do" has two stars on the label showing it is the A-side. On the original the two stars are on " I may not be what you want" as this is the proper A-side.

post-1832-1100223896_thumb.jpg

post-1832-1100224044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

Guest micksmith

I've got an issue if anyone wants it.  Manships latest price for an issue is £150  :P   :D   :D

I'd be 50 quid cheaper than that, how do these people get away with it?

link

JUST SOLD AN ISSUE FOR £60.00.

Social source share

Sounds fair..... was £30 ten years ago.......

WOOF!

link

The funny thing is that many years ago Manship used to have a cheap section on his lists where "I may not be want you want" was always there at £1.50! It never seemd to sell.

PS

at the time, other none sellers were:

Ray Pollard -This Time was £15

Jimmy BO Horne - Speak was £40

PSS

turned down Lary Clinton @ £75 & Arin Demain @£50 too dear, F***..............

I could only afford Holly St James @£10 & James Fountain @ £3

Social source share

Guest micksmith

The funny thing is that many years ago Manship used to have a cheap section on his lists where "I may not be want you want" was always there at £1.50! It never seemd to sell.

PS

at the time, other none sellers were:

Ray Pollard -This Time was £15

Jimmy BO Horne - Speak was £40

PSS

turned down Lary Clinton @ £75 & Arin Demain @£50 too dear, F***..............

I could only afford Holly St James @£10 & James Fountain @ £3

link

IT'S HAPPENED TO US ALL.

I COULDN'T AFFORD LESTER TIPTON-£45.00 AND FRANK WILSON-£300.00.

I THINK THAT MOTHER F----ER WILL HAUNT ME TILL MY GRAVE.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

here's one that looks like mine which sold on ebay for $150+. No mention in description if it's a boot. Now confused anybody else throw any light on the matter.

link

As per my earlier post... The one you show is a boot, the original does not have the two stars on the "something new to do" side as this is the original b-side..... wakey wakey.... :thumbsup:

post-1832-1100373345_thumb.jpg

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

yeah i did see your post but i emailed the guy who was selling on ebay and he said that it was an original. So at the moment it's one saying its a boot and one saying it's an original.

link

All I can add to this is the seller will say that won't he.... but it's up to you if you go ahead and buy the record....

I'm sure Awake 502 is 100% correct though.... easiest way to make sure is what been mentioned before.... get an issue not a DJ copy.... although they're more pricey....

If when you get it you find out it's a boot.... well you wouldn't be the first to have bought what you thought or was told was an original....

Social source share

What do you think will be the seller's answer to that question though Chalkster :thumbsup: ....

P.S. if you make your new avatar a bit bigger we might just be able to read the writing  :)   :) ....

link

Probably "Ouch I've just cut me f****** finger" :lol:ph34r.gif

As for avatar it's the max size. The writing says Bro spent a most delightful birthday chillin' with his bitches.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

i didn't win the auction i never emailed the guy until the auction finished. So he's not trying to conn me

link

Confused a bit here wacko.gif .... is that because the "winner" pulled out for "some reason".... or did it have a "ridiculously" high reserve....????....

P.S. can you be sure he's not trying to con you ? do you know him personally ?

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

i bought the 45 froma diff seller but noticed the one on ebay so asked the seller of that one whether it was an original as it had the 2 stars on something new side like mine. the guy sold the one on ebay for $152 and it din't have a reserve on it. 3 people bid on it one bidding $100 one at $151 and the winner at $152. So thats 2 people bidding who obviously thought it an original and the seller as well

Social source share

i bought the 45 froma diff seller but noticed the one on ebay so asked the seller of that one whether it was an original as it had the 2 stars on something new side like mine. the guy sold the one on ebay for $152 and it din't have a reserve on it. 3 people bid on it one bidding $100 one at $151 and the winner at $152. So thats 2 people bidding who obviously thought it an original and the seller as well

link

The words "thought it an original" say it all tubbs.... not everyone is aware of every detail regarding original/boot differences I would suggest.... you learn as you go along over the years....

It's like a guy I know who showed me and a mate his newly purchased white dj copy of The Carstairs.... straight away we said it was a boot as it had "sterling" scratched into the run out grooves and not stamped.... he also said the seller (well known) insisted it was an original on an enquiry.... now was the seller "conning" or was the seller "unaware".... I'll leave that one with you :thumbsup: ....

Social source share

tubbs,

I think I got one like yours. Mine came from a very well known dealer about 8/10 years ago. stars on the something side, not on see through vinyl etc. In the run out its got WB-7662 QAL-0078-DJ 1B on both sides.

In my youthfull innocence I was just pleased to get it as I assumed everything I was getting via the major dealers were originals (never had any doubts on any other purchases though)...guess this don't help you much but you live and learn...

Social source share

The originals also have a sharp edge to the disc, on the boots the edge is blunt.

link

I thought this as well .But it seems my dj copy which has a sharp edge has the stars on the "Something" side.I got this off the bay years ago in a batch I got for around $30 of mixed stuff from a US seller.Is the two stars deffo on all demos and did they all come from the same press plant.Mine doesnt have any stamps in the run out groove. :thumbsup:

Adam

Social source share

just been on Manships website and read in there that boots were see through vinyl when held up to light. said originals had matrix number wb-7662 qal-0078-dj 1b which mine has. No mention of what side stars are meant to be on. Somebody must have a definate answer on this. It's starting to do my fucking head in.

Social source share

Tubbs

Dug out another Warner Bros white demo.

Gerald Sims - You'll Never Be Sorry / Rocket.

On this the matrix numbers are scatched in.

YNBS side is WB - 7680 QIL - 0016 - S 1B. (Stars on this label).

Rocket side is WB - 7680 QIL - 0017 - S 1A.

Same question again, why are the matrix numbers the same on both sides of Bobby Sheen.

Anybody out there got a white demo of Bobby Sheen with a different matrix number on each side.

soulmac.

Edited by soulmac
Social source share

Anybody out there got a white demo of Bobby Sheen with a different matrix number on each side.

soulmac.

link

Yes, on mine "Something..." is QAL-0078-DJ 1B and "I May..." is QAL-0077-DJ 1A.

And just to confuse things even further it has the stars on "Something..." but has a sharp edge - and looks and feels as though it was pressed in 1972.

Social source share

matrix number on mine is the same as soul adequate. Now this is where it should be simple to work out as imnbwyw side has 1a which would indicate a side and sntd has 1b on dead wax which would indicate b side but all copies people say they have bar one have 2 stars on imnbwyw side. John your gerald sims demo has stars on the side that has 1b on not 1a. I don't have any more warner bros white demos of this design to check whether stars are on 1a or 1b. Confused yet ? Too fucking right :diablo:

Social source share

Yes, on mine "Something..." is QAL-0078-DJ 1B and "I May..." is QAL-0077-DJ 1A.

And just to confuse things even further it has the stars on "Something..." but has a sharp edge - and looks and feels as though it was pressed in 1972.

link

Hi my copy has sharp edges and has scratched in dead wax on the

"Something" side=QAL-0078-DJ-1B (with the stars on this side)

"I may Not"=QAL-007-DJ-1B.

Which seem different to others

Its very confusing though all the people who have seen it say its original?.

Social source share

John my issue doesn't have the same matrix numbers as your's on Bobby Sheen mine has qal0077s-1a and qal0078s-1b

link

My issue (on styrene) is QAL 0077S - 1A IMNBWYW

QAL 0078S -1A SNTD

The higher number is almost always the B side of records. No idae why they both are followed by 1A, unless it tell you what pressing run it was, this being the first and 1E mentioned above is the 5th???

Social source share

I found my copy in the basement of George's Song Shop in Johnstown PA in about 1986, on a trip with my mate Dave. It was in both our top 5s of that time (still one of my all-time favourite songs) and we obviously couldn't believe it when I pulled a copy out. He loved it just a bit more than me so I let him have it...then found another half an hour later. Very happy days.

Mine (scan attached - with 'slt lbl dmg') has the stars on the SNTD side, has different matrix numbers (WB-7662 QAL-0078-DJ 1B on SNTD, WB-7662 QAL-0077-DJ 1B on IMNBWYW and an edge I wouldn't characterise as either particularly sharp or blunt!

It MUST be a proper one, though, given where and how it was found.

Are we sure that SNTD isn't the proper A side anyway??

post-118-1100446547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan
Social source share

I found my copy in the basement of George's Song Shop in Johnstown PA in about 1986, on a trip with my mate Dave. It was in both our top 5s of that time (still one of my all-time favourite songs) and we obviously couldn't believe it when I pulled a copy out. He loved it just a bit more than me so I let him have it...then found another half an hour later. Very happy days.

Mine (scan attached - with 'slt lbl dmg') has the stars on the SNTD side, has different matrix numbers (WB-7662 QAL-0078-DJ 1B on SNTD, WB-7662 QAL-0077-DJ 1B on IMNBWYW and an edge I wouldn't characterise as either particularly sharp or blunt!

It MUST be a proper one, though, given where and how it was found.

Are we sure that SNTD isn't the proper A side anyway??

link

Yours is same as mine Dan Im in agreement that its original.I dont know where the stars on which side denotes a boot comes from though you would think it would be in Manships boot guide as well as the see through vinyl.May be just a different press.

Adam blink.gif

Social source share

I just rechecked mine and I got it wrong (too much Bishops Finger!!!!!) Same in every way to Dan's and Adam's (stars, matrix etc)....where does this leave us?

Social source share

don't know what the score is but would agree with Dan given where and when he found his copy and stars being on sntd side can't see them being a boot. Sometimes 45s were put out, the a side flopped dj's played the flip instead as it was better. So maybe warner bros decided to change Sntd to the a side after dj's feedback.

Social source share

I just rechecked mine and I got it wrong (too much Bishops Finger!!!!!) Same in every way to Dan's and Adam's (stars, matrix etc)....where does this leave us?

link

There's no such thing as too much Bishops Finger.

However, it gets knocked into a cocked hat by Marstons Strong Pale Ale. Better than The Imperial Cs.

Sorry, bit off topic.

Social source share

Got to say IMNBWYW is oft overlooked for the more obvious side.

If anyone reading this has it & not played it, I suggest you give it a whirl.

Lovely it is, just lovely.

Jamie

Social source share

• 8 years later...

Just bought a copy of this on Demo.

The stars are on the SNTD side. I have also checked 2 other WB US Demos that I have,
Mystic moods - Astral trip (stars on Astral Trip - A side) and Apollas - Mr Creator (stars on Mr Creator - A side).

On 45cat in the WB Discography, it shows 'SNTD' listed as the 'A' side and 'IMNBWYW' as the 'B'?

Just thought I'd add my two penneth!

Social source share

Yours is same as mine Dan Im in agreement that its original.I dont know where the stars on which side denotes a boot comes from though you would think it would be in Manships boot guide as well as the see through vinyl.May be just a different press.

Adam

The original was pressed at least two different pressing plants. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!