Walter Wilson On Ebay......jamaican Wand Promo ! Amazing

Hammie

Sorry don't know how to put up attachment.

Just go and put in a search, it's only just come on ebay today.

Walter Wilson - Love keeps me crying - Wand promo (Jamaican)

Unbelievable !!!!   :ohmy: LOTS OF DOSH ( Where's johnny M .....He's missed this one)  

Edited by hammie
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Rarer than good IMHO, but 6K !?

On those Jamaican Federal releases it says "under license" so I guess were they really. Caribean Radios were fueled with USA's 45, so those were most likely aiming for the retail. One could hardly imagine that this would have been huge anywhere and so must have remained there...

Those Federal releases were made for the whole Caribean (and other isolated destinations) market so I'm guessing that a first run of 50/100 pressings to test the demand could be a probable number. They did a lot of very small runs of 45s that never met any demand. But when a certain tune got popular they repressed as many runs necessary to meet the demand while it is still there (weeks, months, years…) and that explains why some Jamaican presses are so rare no matter what condition and some others are not.

I'd bet that this particular 45 is rarer than it's american counterpart. And it's vinyl !!! 

Social source share

I know its a great B side Steve G but when Butch plays the instro it sounds amazing don't be bloody picky lol

That's the point Ted, it's Butch's exclusive. Keep it that way, play something else :D ….Billy Jackson told me he had made more than one version of the song (unreleased), and that is where the backing track comes in.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!