News: Holland-Dozier-Holland - Rare 45s Vinyl Box Set Of Unreleased Gems

Is it limited release Ian ? 

Well, at this point limited to 1000 only. Experience in this area makes us think that this will probably sell up to 1000 units internationally quite quickly and then recede equally quickly. So the chances of a potential re-press wouldn't kick in unless we had a guaranteed further 500 orders. So, yep, I reckon we'll press 1000 and sell 'em quickly but as for a re-press.......who knows......?

This stuff is difficult to call and the market is constantly churning so most companies hedge their bets quite carefully and caution is the name of the game.

Ian D  :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK, off and running now......

Sorry Ian, unless i'm doing something wrong (every possibility) i still can't find sound clips. Any and all help appreciated.

Social source share

Sorry Ian, unless i'm doing something wrong (every possibility) i still can't find sound clips. Any and all help appreciated.

You're not doing anything wrong Gogs. I'm a 'lil bit shaky on the Soundcloud link thingy - I need to check that the links are set to public and what quality they'll be blah blah blah. All time-consuming headache-inducing stuff and I haven't quite got around to it yet. I'll try and do it today...

Ian D :)

Social source share

Look forward to this project , particularly as some of these acetates arrived in the UK in my suitcase , and then went missing for a few days !! Really pleased they have finally made it to vinyl , best wishes ,Eddie

Eddie, if you've had any of these through your hands that's good enough for me! Order placed. Looking forward to the sound clips Ian.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

well thats my monday sorted,off to jumbo  records and place my order or even purchase the set if its in stock,looking forward to playing these on my new record player.thanks ian ,a very worthy collection.

That's Monday 8th December Dave. Give my regards to Hunter and Lornette (have they retired now?) and, if not, Trevor!  :thumbup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Worth pointing out that Amazon have done one of their unpredictable price-drops on the Holland-Dozier-Holland Rare 45s Vinyl Box. Now available @ a staggering £41.79 including postage. That works out @ £4.00 per unreleased 7" single and there are only 1000. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holland-Dozier-Rare-Vinyl-VINYL/dp/B00N86M7M2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417392643&sr=8-1&keywords=holland+dozier+holland+rare+45s+box+set

Anyone wanting this should get in now whilst the stock is there 'cos it won't be there long at this price!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Worth pointing out that Amazon have done one of their unpredictable price-drops on the Holland-Dozier-Holland Rare 45s Vinyl Box. Now available @ a staggering £41.79 including postage. That works out @ £4.00 per unreleased 7" single and there are only 1000. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holland-Dozier-Rare-Vinyl-VINYL/dp/B00N86M7M2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417392643&sr=8-1&keywords=holland+dozier+holland+rare+45s+box+set

Anyone wanting this should get in now whilst the stock is there 'cos it won't be there long at this price!

Ordered :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great price thanks for the heads up - ordered

Social source share

I notice the leap in the Amazon charts today since the price dropped:-

Selling tremendously now. But please don't forget your local dedicated record shops too! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mine arrived on Tuesday - just playing them through now. Really good package, discs look flawless, excellent sleeves and labels and the booklet is very well presented and makes a good read.

The first 5 of the 10 singles have tracks by the same artist(s) on both sides with matching labels, then when you reach disc 6 you get different groups on each side: Satisfaction Unlimited "Why" with the Hot Wax label on the A side and The Jones Girls "Don't be sorry be careful" with the Music Merchant label on the flip.

Similar pairing on disc 7 with 100 Proof Aged in Soul "Since you've been gone" on the Hot Wax label, and Barrino Brothers "I want to give you all the love you've been giving me" on Invictus.

The set ends with the last 3 records back to the matched style of same artist and label on both sides.

I think the 100 Proof track is probably the strongest, but all of them are interesting and good to have them out to enjoy.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hmm, preordered on Amazon ages ago, still no sign of my copy arriving.

According to the latest from Amazon "unforeseen problems have caused a delay" whatever that means. Anyone else not had theirs? Ian, any idea what's going on? Run out of copies?

Got them from Amazon on the day of release after pre-ordering.  Nice looking box set.  I'll give them a spin over the weekend.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hmm, preordered on Amazon ages ago, still no sign of my copy arriving.

According to the latest from Amazon "unforeseen problems have caused a delay" whatever that means. Anyone else not had theirs? Ian, any idea what's going on? Run out of copies?

Nah Dave. Plenty of copies. There shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like an excuse to me.....

Ian D  :D  :D

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!