Ty Karim - You Really Made It Good On Ebony

Guest Paulie D

Guest Paulie D

I have Ty Karim's - You Really Made It Good on the Ebony label, I got it in the UK back in '88. Light blue label with the big hole in the middle, says promotional copy with unissued track on the flip, think it's Ain't that love enough, not sure. Have never seen another copy anywhere. I know the original is on Romark but this doesn't look like your average boot, it looks like an authentic reissue or possibly licenced UK issue. Anyone got any info on it?

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Paulie D

Thanks Gene. Status would be nice. If it's an official UK release then it's playable, if it's a boot, it goes back into the box

Social source share

Guest Paulie D

i've also got this on Ebony, not sure if this is a boot or a legal reissue, however it is in one of John Manships price guides at £50......... ranting_1.gif

You gotta admit though, it does look the real deal. Doesn't look like it was knocked out in a shed as most boots do. And if it was booted, why not on Romark?

Social source share

You gotta admit though, it does look the real deal. Doesn't look like it was knocked out in a shed as most boots do. And if it was booted, why not on Romark?

Legal release - I stand to be corrected but as far as I know it was issued in the 1980's and Ty's version of "ain't that love enough " was never previously released until then - only the version by Larry Atkins of course - the lyrics are very similar to "I ain't lyin " which Ty Karim did at a 100 mph shades.gif

Phew!

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!