Jump to content

Rodd Keith - Like The Lord Said


Recommended Posts

Posted

this has been my point for years demand against rarity there are 100 plus of some 4 figure numbers but yet only handful of some which are 3figure, you want example Ive had both UK and USA demos of lots of stuff but one which stood out due to increase plays over the last 5 years was Darrow F Groovy Demo Pain gets a little deeper and another one just got Fawns White TEC demo had 100's of issues but never a demo,  great see you soon

soul source url
Social source share
  • 3 years later...
  • Replies 64
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Mark that's correct when I found it Rob was quick of the mark to say it wasn't for sale and said what can we cover it up as , hence the lord connection leading to it being covered as Kenny sm

He's mistaken John first copy defo Rob Smith shop it came from a Nottingham soul collector Mick Gordon from Beeston good friend of John Poole, The late Andy Lee. there was some great stuff in th

first copy came out of rob smith's shop  I found it upstairs while sorting stock for him when I worked there .it came from a large collection of mainly l.a. soul records that rob had recently brought

Posted Images




Posted

Sorry to bring this old thread up again but just been looking up some Preview 45's and sorting the wheat from the chaff (mostly chaff lol). There was an artist called Dan Monday on some, could be Keith under a pseudonym or is it the 'Baby Without You' guy?

Here's a photo of Rodd Keith (back left) with Leon Haywood, not sure who the black lady next to Keith is? I know Charlotte O'Hara is the lady with the flower in her hair, she recorded on Preview as 'Bonnie Graham' who has a Northern sound on Preview 1403 'Come On Strong'.

5a5e4cab8ca88_590CharlotteOHara02a.jpg.ed63337f74faf48336ef68f1ba7aecc0.jpg   

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 1/16/2018 at 11:09, Soul-Slider said:

Sorry to bring this old thread up again but just been looking up some Preview 45's and sorting the wheat from the chaff (mostly chaff lol). There was an artist called Dan Monday on some, could be Keith under a pseudonym or is it the 'Baby Without You' guy?

Here's a photo of Rodd Keith (back left) with Leon Haywood, not sure who the black lady next to Keith is? I know Charlotte O'Hara is the lady with the flower in her hair, she recorded on Preview as 'Bonnie Graham' who has a Northern sound on Preview 1403 'Come On Strong'.

5a5e4cab8ca88_590CharlotteOHara02a.jpg.ed63337f74faf48336ef68f1ba7aecc0.jpg   

She looks a little like Teri Thornton, when she was young.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 hours ago, RobbK said:

She looks a little like Teri Thornton, when she was young.

Did she also go under the name Teri Summers? It's just that Keith recorded with a Teri Summers on M.S.R. Here's a pic...

teri_pre.gif.7d024982c21da9c7c4ae151bcbe7ae96.gif  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 16/01/2018 at 19:09, Soul-Slider said:

Sorry to bring this old thread up again but just been looking up some Preview 45's and sorting the wheat from the chaff (mostly chaff lol). There was an artist called Dan Monday on some, could be Keith under a pseudonym or is it the 'Baby Without You' guy?

Here's a photo of Rodd Keith (back left) with Leon Haywood, not sure who the black lady next to Keith is? I know Charlotte O'Hara is the lady with the flower in her hair, she recorded on Preview as 'Bonnie Graham' who has a Northern sound on Preview 1403 'Come On Strong'.

5a5e4cab8ca88_590CharlotteOHara02a.jpg.ed63337f74faf48336ef68f1ba7aecc0.jpg   

SHE WAS ALSO VOCALIST ON "HOME OF THE BRAVE" - BONNIE & THE TREASURES

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Soul-Slider said:

Did she also go under the name Teri Summers? It's just that Keith recorded with a Teri Summers on M.S.R. Here's a pic...

teri_pre.gif.7d024982c21da9c7c4ae151bcbe7ae96.gif  

Yes, Teri Thornton used an AKA as "Teri Summers".  All the Teri and Terri artists on Preview and MSR were likely to have been Teri Thornton.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 11/4/2014 at 07:50, Pete S said:

 

Jesus

Not nearly as good as The Merced Blue Notes' "Do The Pig", which was horrible, and probably their worst recording. :rofl:

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
On 11/7/2014 at 04:08, Flynny said:

Add another one by Rodd on Preview with the same backing track:

 

Like The Lord Said

Gloria

Don't You Tempt Me

If You Don't Like Rock'n'Roll

If You Don't Like It, Don't Knock It...

 

 

Edited by Soul-Slider
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 11/1/2014 at 13:20, Flynny said:

Took me many years to track one down...absolute Stafford anthem for Guy.H.

I used to give it a hammering at the CSC/Dome to good effect as well.

Now cue the haters due to it's dodgy lyric and religious leanings...the non-believers!

(Not for sale.)

:yes:

post-9555-0-32336600-1414847969_thumb.jp

Hard to dislike this Dave. I was never a huge fan of Guys 60's newies stuff - but this is a barnstormer of a dance record. Love it.

Pete

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • 1 year later...
Posted

Just putting this out there so buyers don't pass it by when seeing it for sale. I picked this up and it's a great Northern dancer that could go down well on the scene...

rodd-keith-they-tell-me-but-i-dont-care-preview.jpg.a7602807a398c38f545027ad0762cb03.jpg

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Spain pete
Posted
1 hour ago, Soul-Slider said:

Just putting this out there so buyers don't pass it by when seeing it for sale. I picked this up and it's a great Northern dancer that could go down well on the scene...

rodd-keith-they-tell-me-but-i-dont-care-preview.jpg.a7602807a398c38f545027ad0762cb03.jpg

Any sound file? m8😁

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Any sound file? m8😁

Sorry Pete they don't allow sound files on here, only youtube clips, but unfortunately there are none at the moment. 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!
  1. Unreleased Rodd Keith Acetate
    Record Sales by Soulskate on Wed 14 Jun 2017
    • 2 / 668
    • phil shields on 14 Jun 2017
  2. Rodd Keith (preview) - Rare Stafford Biggie
    Record Sales by SILVERFOX on Thu 24 Nov 2016
    • 1 / 841
    • SILVERFOX on 24 Nov 2016
  3. Rodd Keith On Preview
    Record Sales by Duncan Ball on Fri 05 Oct 2012
    • 7 / 878
    • Duncan Ball on 06 Oct 2012
  4. Rodd Keith On Preview (audio)
    Sale Websites by ryanKCMO on Wed 02 Sep 2009
    • 2 / 363
    • ryanKCMO on 07 Sep 2009
  5. Jan Jones, Vince Apollo, Flowers, Rodd Keith, Etc
    Record Sales by pottsy on Thu 10 Nov 2005
    • 14 / 1450
    • Pottsy on 13 Nov 2005
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.