The Sunday Soul Sessions - Kettering 2/11/14

Here goes

Heart 2 Heart Band - Mind Your Business Dream City CD (2010)

Sam Taylor Jr - Dark End of The Street (GRT LP) (IMHO the best ever version of this much recorded classic - didn't rate it on 1st hearing but it's a grower)

Bobby Bland - Loneliness Hurts (UK Vocalion LP)

Black Soul Express - When I Left You (Black Soul Express)

Judy Clay - I'm Up Tight (Lavette)

Don 'Sugar Cane' Harris - I'm Gonna Miss You (BASF)(T'other side to the track i played last month,for those that don't know Don was half of Don & Dewey the 50's R&B duo.He also played with Frank Zappa I believe but we will gloss over that)

Laura Lee - Love's Got Me Tired (But I Ain't tired of love) (Ariola America) (one of those titles that make it worth buying without hearing!!!)

Eddie Floyd - I Got a reason To Smile (Cause I Love You) Stax (1974 & one of his that got away)

Pete

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Strewth I know I loved hearing everything at the time, but looking back at these 100 or so choices a couple of days later makes me appreciate once again how lucky we are to be able to pop down the road and hear soul like that on a Sunday night whilst having a pint or two and some banter.

Great to hear you playing the Gary Griffin 45 after the story you told me about it Brian and this cool vid gets played almost daily in my house with the sound right up since you first introduced me to this one. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Strewth I know I loved hearing everything at the time, but looking back at these 100 or so choices a couple of days later makes me appreciate once again how lucky we are to be able to pop down the road and hear soul like that on a Sunday night whilst having a pint or two and some banter.

Great to hear you playing the Gary Griffin 45 after the story you told me about it Brian and this cool vid gets played almost daily in my house with the sound right up since you first introduced me to this one. :thumbsup:

Love that vid, gets loads of plays here too, GG & TT will be on your cd mate, already working on it.

Gouch

• Helpful 1
Social source share

after a busy weekend working, thought I would get out for a beer, chat and hopefuly to spin a few tunes, so took the drive across country to kettering

heres my 30 mins mainly 60s.....

fantastic four - live up to what see thinks - ric tic demo

rose st john - fool don't laugh - veep demo

briggette koberly - don't love me and leave me - naptown

doc & sal - cant get you offa my mind - dynamic

the spontanes - where did I go wrong - ua demo

greater experience - don't forget to remember - colony 13

gene willis - youll get yours - hollywood

leroy barbour - I aint going nowhere - frontiersman

winfield parker - I love you just the same - rujac (blue)

the montclairs - come on and hold me - ui

audrey slo - gonna find the right boy (instro) - swan

sammy ambrose - welcome to dreamsville - uk stateside

mark loyd - when im gonna find her - uk parlophone

thanks to brian and steve, see you at the next caliente boyz...

russ

ps brian.. just played the above set on 33rpm lol

Getting your money worth from the Sammy Ambrose then Russ - nice one!  :yes:

The Mark Lloyd - great tune, its gotta be in your top ten Russ?  :thumbsup:

Ray

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!