Eunice Collins At The Hotel(Mod-Art)

Guest Ivor Jones

Guest Ivor Jones

Do all copies of this 45 have a sound fault ?

Any owners confirm ?

Thanks in advance people.....

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

Well thats 3 good ones then……!

The sound fault Ive heard is kind of like a scratch 'whoosh' [No laughing at the back, you know what I mean]…..But no physical scratch on the vinyl[i.e. no scratch across the vinyl]……Its the same on the B-side too. Just wondered if they are all like it ?

Just out of interest,do any of you who replied use an Ortofon cartridge ?

Social source share

Has anybody ever worked out whats actually going on int his record, I mean in relation to the words, is she just a gal, meeting a guy at a motel, or is she a hooker? opening words, whats your hurry baby, but then she says treating me like Im for sale, which I guess is not from the point of view of a hooker...

dunno, its always made me wonder when i listen to it..

what do folk think>?

m

Social source share

Has anybody ever worked out whats actually going on int his record, I mean in relation to the words, is she just a gal, meeting a guy at a motel, or is she a hooker? opening words, whats your hurry baby, but then she says treating me like Im for sale, which I guess is not from the point of view of a hooker...

dunno, its always made me wonder when i listen to it..

what do folk think>?

m

Well, here's a theory:  woman's partner is a bit "quick on the draw", so she takes him to a motel for a bit of fantasy role play.  She plays the hooker and he plays the client "treating me like I'm for sale" and , away from the home environment, without the attendant pressures, he can afford to take his time - "what's your hurry baby?".  On reflection, I've spent far too long thinking about this record!

Social source share

Well, here's a theory:  woman's partner is a bit "quick on the draw", so she takes him to a motel for a bit of fantasy role play.  She plays the hooker and he plays the client "treating me like I'm for sale" and , away from the home environment, without the attendant pressures, he can afford to take his time - "what's your hurry baby?".  On reflection, I've spent far too long thinking about this record!

You certainly have...........far too long!  :lol:

Incidently, when you say "Quick on the draw"....is that like when we lads were all inexperienced and more often than not, very quickly......Shot the Cat?

Edited by Guest
Social source share