The Yum Yums Gonna Be A Big Thing

Guest Garry Huxley

Guest Garry Huxley

just seen above bootleg on ebay at silly money from a uk dealer, is this for real I broke mine when I found it was a  boot, and it's from a major dealer, is this right ??????

Social source share

just seen above bootleg on ebay at silly money from a uk dealer, is this for real I broke mine when I found it was a  boot, and it's from a major dealer, is this right ??????

Here's the link Gary. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yum-Yums-Gonna-Be-A-Big-Thing-Abc-Demo-2nd-/111497446657?pt=UK_Records&hash=item19f5c40501

Says it's a 70's reissue but doesn't use the word counterfeit or boot.  :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

I knew who it was without pressing the link, he has some nice tunes a lot of the time but think just a tad expensive

just a bit or more

Social source share

Here's the link Gary. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yum-Yums-Gonna-Be-A-Big-Thing-Abc-Demo-2nd-/111497446657?pt=UK_Records&hash=item19f5c40501

Says it's a 70's reissue but doesn't use the word counterfeit or boot.  :wicked:

It's an out and out counterfeit.  Have to admit, I sold mine for £150 but I said I'd never said it's my all time favourite NS record but when this guy offered me £150 for a £5 pressing, I thought I'd be mad not to take it.  I would want £100 for it now myself.  

Social source share

Pete S, on 05 Nov 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

It's an out and out counterfeit.  Have to admit, I sold mine for £150 but I said I'd never said it's my all time favourite NS record but when this guy offered me £150 for a £5 pressing, I thought I'd be mad not to take it.  I would want £100 for it now myself.  

It's a great record Pete. I love the under produced feel and the really innocent, girly lyrics.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If they weren't real Corgi's would 'Mongrel' have not covered it???

They were Corgi's, but didn't go into production, came out of the factory as one off pre-production prototypes, all from the 60's.  Had 30+of them, bought them for £10 each, cheapest one sold for over £300

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So how much for an original these days if the boot is into three figures?

Well.....depends how good the pedigree is, but £300 for a genuine Corgi is not that bad really.

Social source share

That's about right Pete....I always look on the said web site and divide by two! 

Mark T

Social source share

with your estimate in mind pete what is the boot demanding most money? dont know if u would know just intrigued that any boot was over a ton?

Social source share

ok..........what's the difference for us mere mortals to spot

Pete???

:g: :g:

That's about right Pete....I always look on the said web site and divide by two! 

Mark T

Social source share

ok..........what's the difference for us mere mortals to spot

Pete???

:g: :g:

For a start, it's on vinyl, there may be original vinyl demos but every copy I've had has been styrene, the counterfeit has some light bubbling in the run off, kind of pitted marks, also the print definition isn't as sharp as it should be on the counterfeit.

Social source share

I didn't think it existed until I someone sent me a scan about 12 years back, I think Tim Brown has it....got to be 2 to 3 grand?

Also another issue was up for grabs from Oz ( I think) about 3 years back. Went for over £3k. I missed it. Got a demo myself. I think the run out groove is wider on the boot as well.

Social source share

Also another issue was up for grabs from Oz ( I think) about 3 years back. Went for over £3k. I missed it. Got a demo myself. I think the run out groove is wider on the boot as well.

That was the guy who originally had it Steve, Ian I think it is, from Yorkshire, been a long time since I dealt with him but remember him sending the scan to me

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!