• Replies 28
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dear me Mark , amazing that youve still got that :wicked:

Well, the irony is Simon, I never attended that particular night..........in fact, that may have been just before my first TOTW visit................hard to remember now, but I think my first TOTW visit was after this date.

So, not quite sure how I got this, but I am a bit of a magpie, so have got all sorts of tickets and flyers over the years!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Well, the irony is Simon, I never attended that particular night..........in fact, that may have been just before my first TOTW visit................hard to remember now, but I think my first TOTW visit was after this date.

So, not quite sure how I got this, but I am a bit of a magpie, so have got all sorts of tickets and flyers over the years!

Cheers,

Mark R

I believe Darren on here has loads of old flyers too. Essential memory aids these days for the kids of the 80's .. ( Robin aside, he can remember almost everything . dont play name the coverup with him !! . ).

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

========

remember this mark as if it was yesterday

the first night i was naughty on the scene

remember fat daz from leicester saying 'f'in hell youre off yer head!'

of course i wasnt

happy days :D

Mark,

I didnt go to Stafford, but the night before this - I think - met 2 of the Blue Notes when we went to see Edwin Starr in London, also one of the Marvelettes. Great night, still have photos & autographs.

Al

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

Another one I found

totw3699.jpg(post-3008-1155301808.jpg

Scroll up towards Stoke,there`s a place called Dresden.Does this explain for all the bombers we had at Stafford? :D
Social source share

Mark,

I didnt go to Stafford, but the night before this - I think - met 2 of the Blue Notes when we went to see Edwin Starr in London, also one of the Marvelettes. Great night, still have photos & autographs.

Al

I was at that one!, in Mayfair, dodgy waiters on roller skates getting in the way, now what was the name of the place?

Social source share

That was it!

The waiters became more apparent after Edwin had finished and the club went back to catering for it's usual clientele.

That was it!!!!!! We were in dressing room with Edwin Starr etc for about an hour, came out & the music, customers etc had changed a bit!! Also remember Paul Weller turning up & Ady not letting him in.

Alan

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

That was it!!!!!! We were in dressing room with Edwin Starr etc for about an hour, came out & the music, customers etc had changed a bit!! Also remember Paul Weller turning up & Ady not letting him in.

Alan

also saw edwin at the embassy,thing i remembered most it was about 4 pounds for a half back then.
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Dear me Mark , amazing that youve still got that shhh.gif

Me too. :D

Was talking about this with Mark the other saturday, i threw all my stuff away in the 90s including my Wigan and Stafford memberships and Wigan last Oldies Allnighter patch :D Not sure why.. :D

My favourite flyer, if anyone has got one or both versions, was the Sensible Soul Club one with the pills and tabs all over it, later changed into satellites by adding aerials because it was a bit obvious.. :D

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I'd fit

Hello love, hows things

Good morning my love ! When you leave so early next time please do not make so much noise :D

All good will bell you later :D

Social source share

Great flyers. :D What ever happened to Chris Brady

Sad but familiar story Dave.

Without going into too much detail Chris got a bit too deeply involved with serious drug use & ended up letting a lot of people down.

Not heard anything about what he's up to now but i hope everything worked out for him & he's ok now.

Mart...

Social source share

Sad but familiar story Dave.

Without going into too much detail Chris got a bit too deeply involved with serious drug use & ended up letting a lot of people down.

Not heard anything about what he's up to now but i hope everything worked out for him & he's ok now.

Mart...

Glad to know he's OK, there but by the grace of god goes anyone of us

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!