Cracking Up Over You

Will the day ever return when records are made using such a rich 'bel canto' vocal style as that of Roy Hamilton? I love each and every Roy Hamilton record that I've heard especially 'Cracking Up" and I marvel -as I listen to the record - at how perfect it is, in every possible way. Each second of recording time is used to the maximum and it's impossible to find fault with any portion of it. Can there be any sounds that produce such a feel good sensation as this one?

post-1904-1099676052_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Will the day ever return when records are made using such a rich 'bel canto' vocal style as that of Roy Hamilton? I love each and every Roy Hamilton record that I've heard especially 'Cracking Up" and I marvel -as I listen to the  record - at how  perfect it is, in every possible way. Each second of recording time is used to the maximum and it's impossible to find fault with any portion of it. Can there be any sounds that produce such a feel good sensation as this one?

link

To Sha,Thumbs up could'nt put it any better.

Cheers Billy

Social source share

Check out "It's only make believe" on AGP and you hear the real Elvis! Another case of skin colour overshadowing talent?

link

I believe Elvis did appreciate Roy as he did Jackie Wilson. In both cases ity is criminal that they were not applaude din the same way. OK. performance matters.. the total saleable package and all that. But you are right. The real Elvis certainly.

Social source share

I believe Elvis did appreciate  Roy as he did Jackie Wilson. In both cases ity is criminal that they were not applaude din the same way. OK. performance matters.. the total saleable package and all that. But you are right. The real Elvis certainly.

link

I seem to remember in Searling's notes on the back of the RCA ''Jumping At The Go Go'' album that Elvis based himself on the "man with the golden voice". I think it's ironic that the same sort of situation is being repeated forty years later in hi-hop / rap with Eminem being the most acceptable (white) face of that music genre

Social source share

I believe Elvis did appreciate  Roy as he did Jackie Wilson. In both cases ity is criminal that they were not applaude din the same way. OK. performance matters.. the total saleable package and all that. But you are right. The real Elvis certainly.

link

Roy Hamilton was a truly wonderful soul singer with a fantastic voice, I'm inclined to agree with stoneisland on this one though. I had a black u.s issue of the record for many years cost me £3 when I bought it, sold it for £125 ! and I don't miss it ........ that shouldn't depreciate the fact of what a great artist he was.

Social source share

I seem to remember in Searling's notes on the back of the RCA ''Jumping At The Go Go'' album that Elvis based himself on the "man with the golden voice". I think it's ironic that the same sort of situation is being repeated forty years later in hi-hop / rap with Eminem being the most acceptable (white) face of that music genre

link

That's a good comparison that I had never thought of. Nothing ever changes I suppose.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!