Yate All-Dayers 1970's

Guest Michael Wilkins

Guest Michael Wilkins

Can anyone remenber the name of the venue that held the all-dayers at Yate near Bristol, along with some mates we used to travel there from Coventry, but cannot remenber the venue they were held in ,we went there in the 70's can't remenber the years, but I think it was before 1976

Edited by Michael Wilkins
Social source share

Interesting question. I thought I went to all of them, start to finish, but they were allnighters. Can't remember any alldayers, except for a few revival ones at The Baths in the early 80's

Oops that was what I was replying to, Yate All niters. I must have read it wrong :ohmy:  

Social source share

Maybe there was an ultra-underground scene that we knew nothing about Dave - after we disappeared home... :thumbsup:

I can recall attending an all-dayer whilst John (Kojak) Harvey ran the Inter City do's there, it was definitely an all-dayer, on a bank holiday Monday in 1975/6, at the Stirling Suite!
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest peter burke

right dave ,no alldayers :g:

Well sort of, apart from the anniversary that comprised an all nighter drifting in to an all dayer and ending witha sort of soul night :rofl:

Social source share

I can recall attending an all-dayer whilst John (Kojak) Harvey ran the Inter City do's there, it was definitely an all-dayer, on a bank holiday Monday in 1975/6, at the Stirling Suite!

Well sort of, apart from the anniversary that comprised an all nighter drifting in to an all dayer and ending witha sort of soul night :rofl:

Think that was the one you went to Mike, as Pete says was a never ending affair

Social source share

Think that was the one you went to Mike, as Pete says was a never ending affair

No Dave,I'm sure I even recall the "longer" trip from South Wales via Chepstow/Gloucester due to avoiding the long lines of traffic queueing for the tolls which used to be on the East bound journey, and was the one and only All-Dayer I recall or attended at the "Stirling Suite" and definitely on a bank holiday Monday, albeit as I remember it wasn't particularly well attended.......Unless my brain has become "addled"....?
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!