Mixed Bag Of 60+ 7": Charles Simmons, Little Ron Johnson, Barbara Howard

Guest JohnnyHitman

Guest JohnnyHitman

Set sale list incl. youtube links on request . All Divshare links are from the actual record.

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases / sealed records

M- is a pretty much perfect record for me — any obvious signs that a record has been played I usually downgrade to an EX.

EX is a very strong grade for me — just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn.

VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.

VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player

VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape — lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks — not nice.

I don't ship standard shipping. Cheapest shipping is 6€ within EU and 9€ worldwide, it's registered but no tracking available as soon as it hits your country. So at least I can proof that I shipped it.  So I'm not responsible when it gets lost in your country Please pay as "gift"  to robbyfunkytuet@hotmail.com or add 4%. IBAN bank transfer also appreciated!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHARLES SIMMONS - ‘Save the World / You’ve got it all’ - (Hitsound)

Ex CU from Dave Thorley and Marc Forrest and played by all the big players on the circuit. What a killer record that is outta Ohio. A side is uptempo Northern with a funky twist whereas the flip is Crossover perfection. Some copies were found so the price dropped from 1500USD to 600-800USD lately. Still so rare and sooo good!

M-, absolutely perfect copy, flawless, 600 Euro or 1 to 1 trade.

THIRD WISH “You gotta believe/ Inst.” (LeCam)

Hard for me to let this go...What a tune, heavily played by Mr. Marc Forrest a few years back. VERY RARE Northern Soul with a funky latin twist made for the dancefloor! Total killer and still quite unknown!
M-, 350 Euro

JOHNNY MORISETTE - "I'm Hungry" - (J&J)

Rare deep Funk anthem from back in the days still sounds massive today!

M-, 300 Euro

400 YEARS OF WHAT "žGet down people“ (Counterpart)

Super rare Cincinnati, OH Deep Funk banger. Everyone in the band gets a shot at the limelight on this, espacially the drummer! Flipside is stunning as well. A H-U-G-E Ian Wright spin from a few years back…monsterous 7”…
M-, 300 Euro

BARBARA HOWARD - ‘I don’t want your love’ (S. Reece)

Sister Funk of the highest order and rightly compiled by Ian Wright on Sister Funk 2. Fits perfectly into nowadays Northern sets with a funky twist!

M-, 250 €

LITTLE RON JOHNSON - "I keep telling you" - (Hard Times)

What - a - tuuune. Killer drums and a soulful voice to die for so intense and deep! I played that as a cover up for years and always got great feedback for it. Still semi known and hasn't taken off so far but it will, mark my words! Like most copies this one's unfortunately in Vg condition but still sounds great. I'll do a recording for you if you're interested.

Vg, 1 to 1 trades only (around 200 Euro)

QUIXOTICS ‘REACH OUT’ (voc/inst) (Blackman  ( VERY rare Northern / Modern Soul dancer with great vox…was actually thought to be a one off / acetate-only spin till very recently when a few copies surfaced. Pressed very slightly off-centre like ALL other copies I’ve run into — some surface marks but plays like a dream… Listen here:

https://www.divshare.com/download/24018624-0ff

VG+, 120 Euro

PRINCE BUSTER - An eye for an eye ( Jamaican blank)

Mid 60s jamaican Ska.

Vg, plays nice, €80,-

COLD FIRE INC - "Get it together" (Lightning)

Great rare 70s funk 45 from Houston, Texas. Cold Fire was members of the Kashmere Stage Band that continued to perform after finishing high school. They recorded "Get It Together" for Bubbha Thomas' Lightin label and it was produced by Kashmere Band Director Conrad Johnson.

M-, 60 EURO

KING GEORGE & THE FABULOUS SOULS ‘Baby I’ve Got It’ (Audio Arts)

One of THE all-time Deep Funk classics — offered here on an even harder to find WDJ copy — one of THE biggest basslines you’ll ever hear….my VG grade is a visual grade cos this one has lotsa scuffs but the play grade here is definitely VG+…big, big tune…

VG+, 70 Euro

MARCOS VALLE - Crickets sing for Abamaria ( Verve)

Rare Bossa Nova/ Brazilian Groove

M-, €60,-

JACK HARRIS & The Champions- ‘Work your Flapper’ - (B & P)

Rare deep Funk which got it all including a killer drum break at the end of Pt.1

M-, 60 Euro.

TAC TAYLOR ‘CUT YOU LOOSE’ (Rosebud)

Pretty much unknown and totally obscure lo-fi Blues Funk cut with a great breakdown at the end with killer hard drums. Could be the next Wendell Western ‘Nag On Me’, don’t sleep on this…!

M-, 50 Euro

SAMPSON & DELILAH - ‘You bring the tears’

JAMES BROWN ‘ Sexy Sexy

JOHN MCDOUGLAS ‘Tenderly’

AL WILSON ‘ Show and tell’

(Polydor, Brazilian EP)

Great 4-track EP outta Brazil. I especially highly rate SAMPSON & DELILAH track but the three others ain’t bad either.

Ex, 50€.

INNOVATIONS - ‘ Stay on the case’ (Hit Sound)

Under the radar quality Northern Soul with great horns!

Vg+, 45€.

Bro. WILL HAIRSTON - Let the church roll on/This may be my last time - (Knowles)

Gospel RnB, totally unknown, just 3-4 hits with google! I normally play it at +6, this recording is at normal speed.

https://www.divshare.com/download/26383400-2fc

Ex, 40 Euro

URAL THOMAS - ‘Pain is the name of your Game’/ Since you went away - (Uni)

Rare one! Big, dramatic, uptown with-a-beat-ballads, full of fat horns, thudding bass, and crashing drums that can sometimes overpower a singer, but Ural Thomas screams and moans his way through, and never takes second place to this killer arrangement. Only released on 45 and recently compiled by Tobias Kirmayer on "žMovements Vol. 6“. Sweet crossover on the flip. Incl. company sleeve.

M-, 30€.

LIL MIKE - "My Body needs Your Body" - (Ace)

Uptempo 70's Funk with a very soulful voice. As championed by Thorsten Wegner.

M-, 30€

MIDNIGHT - It's never too late - (Unison)

Feelgood Modern Soul dancer, always puts a smile on my face.

M-, 30 Euro

SPIDELL "When it's over/End the Slums" (Gree-Jack)

A-side is a great up-tempo Jackson-5 sounding 70s dancer. Always a winner on the dancefloor! B-side is great too. 70s soul tune talking about social issues.

Ex, 30 Euro

https://www.divshare.com/download/6768039-17f

THE PACERS FEAT. BOBBY CRAWFORD - You'll never know - (Razorback)

Rare Funk outta Arkansas with very strong drums, lots of rolls and breaks!

M-, 30 Euro

MARY JOHNSON - Goin' Home - (Foxy) Vg plays better, €30,-

Rare  R&B with powerful vocals. Her other adorable track besides "These Tears" on Foxy

BARBARA & GWEN - ‘ Just the two of us/ I love my man’ - (New Chicago Sound)

Much rarer Soul release by these two sisters who already brought us the Sister Funk banger “Right On”, rightly compiled by Ian Wright. This one is a midtempo northern cut with a funky touch and punchy drums. Sounds right for todays scene. Rare brown Chicago label! Flip is deep with a beat, listen here for boths sides: https://www.divshare.com/download/26383371-c64

Vg+, plays great, 30€

DANNY WHITE - ‘ The Twitch’ - (Frisco)

Killer intro followed by a funky uptempo rnb groove. Great stuff outta New Orleans.

M-, 28 Euro

BEAU WILLIAMS - ‘I’ll be home soon/Outside Love’ (Truth&Soul)

Donno which side I prefer but both are so great. Was sold out within 4 weeks after release and rightly so. This copy has a factory caused bubble and clicks/pops at that point for about 8 rotations on both sides. Soundfile on request!

Unplayed copy, Mint, 25 Euro

THE SHOWMEN INC - The Tramp Pt. 1 - (Now)

Brainfreeze classic Funk with breaks.

Vg, plays fine, my old Dj copy! 25 Euro

JOE ‘GROUDHOG’ RICHARDSON - ‘ Take it off’ (Major Minor)

Great gritty sleazy strip funk / tittyshaker joint on a very rare UK issue, with a cult following produced by Don Covay. One for the mods! Incl. company sleeve!

Ex, 25€.

VICTOR JOHNSON — “When you say you’re mine/ After dark in the ghetto” (Love)
Such a classy AND rare record from the Windy City, both sides absolutely ideal for the more ‘open minded’ DJ’s out there… Strings & horns arranged by the great Richard Evans. Atmospheric soul with killer orchestration and a chorus to die for on the A side and a jazzy / bluesy, moody flip. Still very unknown and recently seen for £75+ on another List…highly recommended…
https://northernsoul45s.co.uk/images/sounds/VICTOR%20JOHNSON%20%20WHEN%20YOU%20SAY%20YOUR%20MINE%20%20010.mp3
M-, 25 Euro

JIMMY MCGRIFF "I've got a woman" (Funckler)

RnB/Mod classic on this dutch press.

Vg, plays great, I djed with it, 22,- Euro

TRUE REFLECTION - Beer Cans & Empty Hands/Silent Treatment - (Atco)

Killer Doublesider! Left winged funky Northern with cripsy drums for the open minded Dj. Should be massive!

M-, €22,-

THE BARONS LTD - "Gypsy read you cards for me/Love Power" (Chimneyville)

Gypsy... is a great group harmony soul whereas the flip Love Power is a hard hitting funky soul tune, good doublesider

Vg+, plays really great. 22 Euro

THE FANTASTICKS - ‘ Live and let Live / Cry Night and Day’ - (Forte)

Quality doublesider on that legendary label. One funky one and the flip is more soulish.

M-, 22 Euro

LITTLE BEAVER - Funkadelic Sound - (Cat)

Rare 70's Miami Funk, this one rarely comes up for sale to be honest even less often than his "Do Right Man" on Saadia.

Vg+, 20 Euro

JAMES FOUNTAIN "Seven Day Lover/ Malnutrition" (Cream UK)

Another killer 70's funky Soul doublesider made for the dancefloor! Same tunes as the US Peachtree pressing for a fraction of the price.

Ex, 17 Euro

LARRY SANDERS-  Story of my love - (Sound of Soul)

Funky uptempo Northern with such a souful voice.

M-, 15 Euro

RICKY LEWIS - ‘Somebody’s gonna want me/ Welcome Home’ (Enjoy)

Deep with a beat, killer voice. As stated by Sir Shambling “Deep soul heaven for sure.”

Lots of writing on the label!

M-, 10€

TOM JONES PACK

‘Tupelo Mississippi Flash’ / ‘Puppet Man’ - ‘Resurrection Shuffle’ / ‘Looking out my Window’ (Decca Germany, incl. picture sleeves in G-Vg condition, vinyl is Vg++)

Three killer RnB/Mod 7” full of breaks for the dancefloor.

All Vg++ to M-, 10 Euro

TOM & JERRIO - Boomerang/ Boo-ga-loo - (Paramount)

Boogaloo with cripsy drums, one for the mods!

Vg, €10,-

From 8€ to 2€

ARCHIE BELL - Dancing to your Music/Count the Ways - (Glades)

Funky Soul

Vg+, €8,-

THE DRIFTERS “Be my lady/ A Rose by any other man” (Atlantic)
Such a classy crossover tune and so underrated. One of the best records on the list, believe me, from one of the most unfashionable groups ever…! Has always been tough to find — considering the label — and comes correct in a clean Atlantic custom sleeve…

Listen at Mr. Finewine: https://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=34880&archive=59123

starts at 0:51:50, you can scroll forward!
M-, 8 Euro

POLLY CUTTER — “ Ooh, I’m satisfied” (RCA)
Nuther new one on me this month…cracking mid-paced Modern Soul dancer with great horns…lovely layered vocals too…WDJ copy here too…could go big in the right hands…. Including company sleeve!
Listen here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LISTEN-Rare-Soul-45-Polly-Cutter-Ooh-Im-Satisfied-/170446843264
M-, 8 Euro

BILL WITHERS - ‘Kissing my love’ - (Sussex)

Soul with breaks

Vg+, 8€

JODI GALES - ‘ You Goota Push/ Instrumental’ - (Thomas)

Sister Funk

Vg+, 8€

GERRY HAYES - ‘Soulgirl/ Soulcity - (German Vogue)

Two uptempo funky mod instrumentals.

Vg, plays better, 8€

ISLEY BROTHERS - One too many heartaches / MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS - Nowhere to run - (Dutch Motown)

Sweet Soul from the great Isley Brothers and a Northern Soul Classic on the flip on this Dutch Motown release outta 1969. Great pic sleeve included .

M-, 6€

RUSSIAN BREAKS 45

As I can’t neither read nor write this down so here’s a surprise record for you. It’s uptempo and includes some breaks and drum rolls.

Ex, 6€

DAVE & ANSIL COLLINS - ‘ Double Barrel’ - (Techniques/Trojan)

Great funky Rocksteady Reggae.

Vg+, 5€

CHICK WILLIS - ‘Stoop Down Baby’ - (La Val)

Uptempo RnB

Ex, 4€

DONNIE ELBERT - I can't help myself - (H&L)

Donnie Elbert's interpretation of a Four Tops song. With his excellent falsetto voice and unique sound he brings another twist to it.

Ex, €4,-

MAJOR LANCE - The Monkey Time/ Um Um Um Um - (Memory Lane)

Two classic Northern Soul cuts on this disc.

Also my old Dj copy, looks bad plays fine for djing. Price reflects condition.

Vg-, 4€

ALVIN CASH & THE REGISTERS - The Philly Freeze/No Deposit (Mar-vu-lus)

Classic Funk doublesider, great value for the money.

Vg+, 4 Euro

Bobby Peterson ‘Piano Rock’ / ‘Irresistable You’ (V-Tone )

Two heavy-hittin’ Titty Shakers here — few scuffs — minimal…one vocal, one instrumental…

Vg+, 4 Euro

TOM JONES -‘Tupelo Mississippi Flash’ - (Decca)

Great uptempo RnB by the Tiger! Soul Inn spin by Christian Göbel, too! Including picture sleeve in VG condition!

M-, 3 Euro.

THE PASADENAS “Tribute (Right On)” (CBS)
Such a great record from 1988!! Killer funky drums, sharp horns, quality vocals, pure class! Incl. picture sleeve.

M-, 3 Euro

THE BEGINNING OF THE END - ‘ Funky Nassau’ - (Alston)

Funk classic.

Vg+, 3€

TOM JONES - ‘Letter to Lucille’ - (German Decca)

Mod Soul from 1973, incl. picture sleeve.

Ex, 2€

BOBBY DARIN - ‘ Irresistible You’ - (Atco)

Uptempo RnB.

Vg+, 2€

NEW RELEASES (since 2001):

SLIM ALLAN 3 " Doggy Bag" (Pop Angel)

Finish Hammond Mod/Funk from 2001. Compiled on Recordkick's "Let's Boogaloo 2". Including picture sleeve. Sold out long time ago!

M-, 6 Euro

LEFTIES SOUL CONNECTION - Doin the Thing - (Melting Pot)

Their first release and imho the best one. Killer deep hammond Funk.

M-, €15,-

THE GOSPEL SURFERS "Jesus /The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" (FNR)

Deadly Russian funk action from Funk Night, 2 strong sides with a great version of The Good the Bad & the Ugly on the flip.

M- (unplayed), 12 Euro

THE SOUL SURFERS "Garcia Brother/ Eleven's Groove" (FNR)

Another great doublesider  from Russias finest The Soul Surfers on Detroits finest label Funknight

M- (unplayed), 20 Euro

THE SNOW SURFERS "The 8 Number / R&B No.1" (FNR)

Jangly guitar stomper with drum heavy organ funk and an incessant bass groove. On the flip, United Boppers Unit's "R&B" is aided by an infectious raw piano and more of that jangly guitar. Sold out long time ago!

M- (unplayed), 18 Euro

ELI PAPERBOY REED - The Satisfier - (Q-dee)

Long out-of-print and nowadays impossible to find debut 7" by Eli Paperboy Reed which was only pressed in 300 copies. Superb uptempo funk / northern soul dancer on the a-side and a totally jaw dropping deep soul tune on the b-side-

M-, 30 Euro

WILLIAM JOSEPH FOWLER & THE DISCIPLES “Prophets bound to christ“ (Mission)
Killer gospel follow up to Elder William Smith (which is also on this list). Crispy drums, soulful vocals, only 300 pressed.
Unplayed, M- 10 Euro

DYNAMIC CORVETTES "žKeep off the grass/ It’s a trap“ (Tramp REISSUE)
Legal lookalike reissue from 2010, now long time deleted. Killer funky northern from Baltimore MD with a funny message: the tune warns of the dangers of weed.
Unplayed, M-, 8 Euro

DENNIS COFFEY feat. MAYER HAWTHORNE “All your goodies are gone“
DENNIS COFFEY feat. KINGS GO FORTH "ž“Miss Millie“ (Strut)
Great doublesider, still sealed!
5 Euro

KINGS GO FORTH “Now we’re gone” (MR. C)
"Now We're Gone" is a hard-hitting mid tempo funk-soul track ready for deep funk dancefloors worldwide, flip it over for KGF's take on the ballad-with-a-beat! https://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF349163-01-01-01.mp3
https://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF349163-01-02-01.mp3

Unplayed, M- 8 Euro

KINGS GO FORTH “Don’t take my Shadow” (MR. C)
Modern Soul at its best, what an anthem!
Unplayed, M- 12 Euro

FRANK POPP ENSEMBLE "žStripper Girl b/w Hip Club“
Super catchy mod dancefloor tune from a few years ago that came out in an limited edition of 500. Long out of print. Including picture cover. Unplayed stockcopy , M-, 12 Euro

Rickey Calloway & Dap-Kings "žStay In The Groove Part1 / Part 2“ (FNR)
Unplayed stockcopy from 2011, 9 Euro

Rickey Calloway & Dap-Kings "žI’m in Love Part1 / Part 2“ (FNR)
Unplayed stockcopy from 2011, 8 Euro

ELI PAPERBOY REED “Take my love with you“ (O-dee)
Unplayed stockcopy from 2008, incl. download card
15 Euro

BOBBY BLACKBIRD & THE BLUEJAYS "žDon’t need nobody/ Peech Fuzz“ (Cardboard City)
First release from CC, also from down under back in 2004. Heavy deep Funk in the vain of the Bamboos, breaks alert!
Unplayed stockcopy, 10 Euro

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JohnnyHitman

NOW 10% OFF ON ALL RECORDS!!!

Sold ones removed!

Set sale list incl. youtube links on request . All Divshare links are from the actual record.

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases / sealed records

M- is a pretty much perfect record for me — any obvious signs that a record has been played I usually downgrade to an EX.

EX is a very strong grade for me — just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn.

VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.

VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player

VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape — lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks — not nice.

I don't ship standard shipping. Cheapest shipping is 6€ within EU and 9€ worldwide, it's registered but no tracking available as soon as it hits your country. So at least I can proof that I shipped it.  So I'm not responsible when it gets lost in your country Please pay as "gift"  to robbyfunkytuet@hotmail.com or add 4%. IBAN bank transfer also appreciated!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHARLES SIMMONS - ‘Save the World / You’ve got it all’ - (Hitsound)

Ex CU from Dave Thorley and Marc Forrest and played by all the big players on the circuit. What a killer record that is outta Ohio. A side is uptempo Northern with a funky twist whereas the flip is Crossover perfection. Some copies were found so the price dropped from 1500USD to 600-800USD lately. Still so rare and sooo good!

M-, absolutely perfect copy, flawless, 600 Euro or 1 to 1 trade.

THIRD WISH “You gotta believe/ Inst.” (LeCam)

Hard for me to let this go...What a tune, heavily played by Mr. Marc Forrest a few years back. VERY RARE Northern Soul with a funky latin twist made for the dancefloor! Total killer and still quite unknown!
M-, 350 Euro

JOHNNY MORISETTE - "I'm Hungry" - (J&J)

Rare deep Funk anthem from back in the days still sounds massive today!

M-, 300 Euro

400 YEARS OF WHAT "žGet down people“ (Counterpart)

Super rare Cincinnati, OH Deep Funk banger. Everyone in the band gets a shot at the limelight on this, espacially the drummer! Flipside is stunning as well. A H-U-G-E Ian Wright spin from a few years back…monsterous 7”…
M-, 300 Euro

BARBARA HOWARD - ‘I don’t want your love’ (S. Reece)

Sister Funk of the highest order and rightly compiled by Ian Wright on Sister Funk 2. Fits perfectly into nowadays Northern sets with a funky twist!

M-, 250 €

LITTLE RON JOHNSON - "I keep telling you" - (Hard Times)

What - a - tuuune. Killer drums and a soulful voice to die for so intense and deep! I played that as a cover up for years and always got great feedback for it. Still semi known and hasn't taken off so far but it will, mark my words! Like most copies this one's unfortunately in Vg condition but still sounds great. I'll do a recording for you if you're interested.

Vg, 1 to 1 trades only (around 200 Euro)

QUIXOTICS ‘REACH OUT’ (voc/inst) (Blackman  ( VERY rare Northern / Modern Soul dancer with great vox…was actually thought to be a one off / acetate-only spin till very recently when a few copies surfaced. Pressed very slightly off-centre like ALL other copies I’ve run into — some surface marks but plays like a dream… Listen here:

https://www.divshare.com/download/24018624-0ff

VG+, 120 Euro

PRINCE BUSTER - An eye for an eye ( Jamaican blank)

Mid 60s jamaican Ska.

Vg, plays nice, €80,-

COLD FIRE INC - "Get it together" (Lightning)

Great rare 70s funk 45 from Houston, Texas. Cold Fire was members of the Kashmere Stage Band that continued to perform after finishing high school. They recorded "Get It Together" for Bubbha Thomas' Lightin label and it was produced by Kashmere Band Director Conrad Johnson.

M-, 60 EURO

KING GEORGE & THE FABULOUS SOULS ‘Baby I’ve Got It’ (Audio Arts)

One of THE all-time Deep Funk classics — offered here on an even harder to find WDJ copy — one of THE biggest basslines you’ll ever hear….my VG grade is a visual grade cos this one has lotsa scuffs but the play grade here is definitely VG+…big, big tune…

VG+, 70 Euro

MARCOS VALLE - Crickets sing for Abamaria ( Verve)

Rare Bossa Nova/ Brazilian Groove

M-, €60,-

Bro. WILL HAIRSTON - Let the church roll on/This may be my last time - (Knowles)

Gospel RnB, totally unknown, just 3-4 hits with google! I normally play it at +6, this recording is at normal speed.

https://www.divshare.com/download/26383400-2fc

Ex, 40 Euro

URAL THOMAS - ‘Pain is the name of your Game’/ Since you went away - (Uni)

Rare one! Big, dramatic, uptown with-a-beat-ballads, full of fat horns, thudding bass, and crashing drums that can sometimes overpower a singer, but Ural Thomas screams and moans his way through, and never takes second place to this killer arrangement. Only released on 45 and recently compiled by Tobias Kirmayer on "žMovements Vol. 6“. Sweet crossover on the flip. Incl. company sleeve.

M-, 30€.

MIDNIGHT - It's never too late - (Unison)

Feelgood Modern Soul dancer, always puts a smile on my face.

M-, 30 Euro

SPIDELL "When it's over/End the Slums" (Gree-Jack)

A-side is a great up-tempo Jackson-5 sounding 70s dancer. Always a winner on the dancefloor! B-side is great too. 70s soul tune talking about social issues.

Ex, 30 Euro

https://www.divshare.com/download/6768039-17f

THE PACERS FEAT. BOBBY CRAWFORD - You'll never know - (Razorback)

Rare Funk outta Arkansas with very strong drums, lots of rolls and breaks!

M-, 30 Euro

MARY JOHNSON - Goin' Home - (Foxy) Vg plays better, €30,-

Rare  R&B with powerful vocals. Her other adorable track besides "These Tears" on Foxy

BARBARA & GWEN - ‘ Just the two of us/ I love my man’ - (New Chicago Sound)

Much rarer Soul release by these two sisters who already brought us the Sister Funk banger “Right On”, rightly compiled by Ian Wright. This one is a midtempo northern cut with a funky touch and punchy drums. Sounds right for todays scene. Rare brown Chicago label! Flip is deep with a beat, listen here for boths sides: https://www.divshare.com/download/26383371-c64

Vg+, plays great, 30€

DANNY WHITE - ‘ The Twitch’ - (Frisco)

Killer intro followed by a funky uptempo rnb groove. Great stuff outta New Orleans.

M-, 28 Euro

BEAU WILLIAMS - ‘I’ll be home soon/Outside Love’ (Truth&Soul)

Donno which side I prefer but both are so great. Was sold out within 4 weeks after release and rightly so. This copy has a factory caused bubble and clicks/pops at that point for about 8 rotations on both sides. Soundfile on request!

Unplayed copy, Mint, 25 Euro

THE SHOWMEN INC - The Tramp Pt. 1 - (Now)

Brainfreeze classic Funk with breaks.

Vg, plays fine, my old Dj copy! 25 Euro

JOE ‘GROUDHOG’ RICHARDSON - ‘ Take it off’ (Major Minor)

Great gritty sleazy strip funk / tittyshaker joint on a very rare UK issue, with a cult following produced by Don Covay. One for the mods! Incl. company sleeve!

Ex, 25€.

VICTOR JOHNSON — “When you say you’re mine/ After dark in the ghetto” (Love)
Such a classy AND rare record from the Windy City, both sides absolutely ideal for the more ‘open minded’ DJ’s out there… Strings & horns arranged by the great Richard Evans. Atmospheric soul with killer orchestration and a chorus to die for on the A side and a jazzy / bluesy, moody flip. Still very unknown and recently seen for £75+ on another List…highly recommended…
https://northernsoul45s.co.uk/images/sounds/VICTOR%20JOHNSON%20%20WHEN%20YOU%20SAY%20YOUR%20MINE%20%20010.mp3
M-, 25 Euro

JIMMY MCGRIFF "I've got a woman" (Funckler)

RnB/Mod classic on this dutch press.

Vg, plays great, I djed with it, 22,- Euro

TRUE REFLECTION - Beer Cans & Empty Hands/Silent Treatment - (Atco)

Killer Doublesider! Left winged funky Northern with cripsy drums for the open minded Dj. Should be massive!

M-, €22,-

THE BARONS LTD - "Gypsy read you cards for me/Love Power" (Chimneyville)

Gypsy... is a great group harmony soul whereas the flip Love Power is a hard hitting funky soul tune, good doublesider

Vg+, plays really great. 22 Euro

THE FANTASTICKS - ‘ Live and let Live / Cry Night and Day’ - (Forte)

Quality doublesider on that legendary label. One funky one and the flip is more soulish.

M-, 22 Euro

LITTLE BEAVER - Funkadelic Sound - (Cat)

Rare 70's Miami Funk, this one rarely comes up for sale to be honest even less often than his "Do Right Man" on Saadia.

Vg+, 20 Euro

JAMES FOUNTAIN "Seven Day Lover/ Malnutrition" (Cream UK)

Another killer 70's funky Soul doublesider made for the dancefloor! Same tunes as the US Peachtree pressing for a fraction of the price.

Ex, 17 Euro

LARRY SANDERS-  Story of my love - (Sound of Soul)

Funky uptempo Northern with such a souful voice.

M-, 15 Euro

RICKY LEWIS - ‘Somebody’s gonna want me/ Welcome Home’ (Enjoy)

Deep with a beat, killer voice. As stated by Sir Shambling “Deep soul heaven for sure.”

Lots of writing on the label!

M-, 10€

TOM JONES PACK

‘Tupelo Mississippi Flash’ / ‘Puppet Man’ - ‘Resurrection Shuffle’ / ‘Looking out my Window’ (Decca Germany, incl. picture sleeves in G-Vg condition, vinyl is Vg++)

Three killer RnB/Mod 7” full of breaks for the dancefloor.

All Vg++ to M-, 10 Euro

TOM & JERRIO - Boomerang/ Boo-ga-loo - (Paramount)

Boogaloo with cripsy drums, one for the mods!

Vg, €10,-

From 8€ to 2€

ARCHIE BELL - Dancing to your Music/Count the Ways - (Glades)

Funky Soul

Vg+, €8,-

THE DRIFTERS “Be my lady/ A Rose by any other man” (Atlantic)
Such a classy crossover tune and so underrated. One of the best records on the list, believe me, from one of the most unfashionable groups ever…! Has always been tough to find — considering the label — and comes correct in a clean Atlantic custom sleeve…

Listen at Mr. Finewine: https://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=34880&archive=59123

starts at 0:51:50, you can scroll forward!
M-, 8 Euro

POLLY CUTTER — “ Ooh, I’m satisfied” (RCA)
Nuther new one on me this month…cracking mid-paced Modern Soul dancer with great horns…lovely layered vocals too…WDJ copy here too…could go big in the right hands…. Including company sleeve!
Listen here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LISTEN-Rare-Soul-45-Polly-Cutter-Ooh-Im-Satisfied-/170446843264
M-, 8 Euro

BILL WITHERS - ‘Kissing my love’ - (Sussex)

Soul with breaks

Vg+, 8€

JODI GALES - ‘ You Goota Push/ Instrumental’ - (Thomas)

Sister Funk

Vg+, 8€

GERRY HAYES - ‘Soulgirl/ Soulcity - (German Vogue)

Two uptempo funky mod instrumentals.

Vg, plays better, 8€

ISLEY BROTHERS - One too many heartaches / MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS - Nowhere to run - (Dutch Motown)

Sweet Soul from the great Isley Brothers and a Northern Soul Classic on the flip on this Dutch Motown release outta 1969. Great pic sleeve included .

M-, 6€

RUSSIAN BREAKS 45

As I can’t neither read nor write this down so here’s a surprise record for you. It’s uptempo and includes some breaks and drum rolls.

Ex, 6€

DAVE & ANSIL COLLINS - ‘ Double Barrel’ - (Techniques/Trojan)

Great funky Rocksteady Reggae.

Vg+, 5€

CHICK WILLIS - ‘Stoop Down Baby’ - (La Val)

Uptempo RnB

Ex, 4€

DONNIE ELBERT - I can't help myself - (H&L)

Donnie Elbert's interpretation of a Four Tops song. With his excellent falsetto voice and unique sound he brings another twist to it.

Ex, €4,-

MAJOR LANCE - The Monkey Time/ Um Um Um Um - (Memory Lane)

Two classic Northern Soul cuts on this disc.

Also my old Dj copy, looks bad plays fine for djing. Price reflects condition.

Vg-, 4€

ALVIN CASH & THE REGISTERS - The Philly Freeze/No Deposit (Mar-vu-lus)

Classic Funk doublesider, great value for the money.

Vg+, 4 Euro

Bobby Peterson ‘Piano Rock’ / ‘Irresistable You’ (V-Tone )

Two heavy-hittin’ Titty Shakers here — few scuffs — minimal…one vocal, one instrumental…

Vg+, 4 Euro

TOM JONES -‘Tupelo Mississippi Flash’ - (Decca)

Great uptempo RnB by the Tiger! Soul Inn spin by Christian Göbel, too! Including picture sleeve in VG condition!

M-, 3 Euro.

THE PASADENAS “Tribute (Right On)” (CBS)
Such a great record from 1988!! Killer funky drums, sharp horns, quality vocals, pure class! Incl. picture sleeve.

M-, 3 Euro

THE BEGINNING OF THE END - ‘ Funky Nassau’ - (Alston)

Funk classic.

Vg+, 3€

TOM JONES - ‘Letter to Lucille’ - (German Decca)

Mod Soul from 1973, incl. picture sleeve.

Ex, 2€

BOBBY DARIN - ‘ Irresistible You’ - (Atco)

Uptempo RnB.

Vg+, 2€

NEW RELEASES (since 2001):

SLIM ALLAN 3 " Doggy Bag" (Pop Angel)

Finish Hammond Mod/Funk from 2001. Compiled on Recordkick's "Let's Boogaloo 2". Including picture sleeve. Sold out long time ago!

M-, 6 Euro

LEFTIES SOUL CONNECTION - Doin the Thing - (Melting Pot)

Their first release and imho the best one. Killer deep hammond Funk.

M-, €15,-

THE GOSPEL SURFERS "Jesus /The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" (FNR)

Deadly Russian funk action from Funk Night, 2 strong sides with a great version of The Good the Bad & the Ugly on the flip.

M- (unplayed), 12 Euro

THE SOUL SURFERS "Garcia Brother/ Eleven's Groove" (FNR)

Another great doublesider  from Russias finest The Soul Surfers on Detroits finest label Funknight

M- (unplayed), 20 Euro

THE SNOW SURFERS "The 8 Number / R&B No.1" (FNR)

Jangly guitar stomper with drum heavy organ funk and an incessant bass groove. On the flip, United Boppers Unit's "R&B" is aided by an infectious raw piano and more of that jangly guitar. Sold out long time ago!

M- (unplayed), 18 Euro

ELI PAPERBOY REED - The Satisfier - (Q-dee)

Long out-of-print and nowadays impossible to find debut 7" by Eli Paperboy Reed which was only pressed in 300 copies. Superb uptempo funk / northern soul dancer on the a-side and a totally jaw dropping deep soul tune on the b-side-

M-, 30 Euro

WILLIAM JOSEPH FOWLER & THE DISCIPLES “Prophets bound to christ“ (Mission)
Killer gospel follow up to Elder William Smith (which is also on this list). Crispy drums, soulful vocals, only 300 pressed.
Unplayed, M- 10 Euro

DYNAMIC CORVETTES "žKeep off the grass/ It’s a trap“ (Tramp REISSUE)
Legal lookalike reissue from 2010, now long time deleted. Killer funky northern from Baltimore MD with a funny message: the tune warns of the dangers of weed.
Unplayed, M-, 8 Euro

DENNIS COFFEY feat. MAYER HAWTHORNE “All your goodies are gone“
DENNIS COFFEY feat. KINGS GO FORTH "ž“Miss Millie“ (Strut)
Great doublesider, still sealed!
5 Euro

KINGS GO FORTH “Now we’re gone” (MR. C)
"Now We're Gone" is a hard-hitting mid tempo funk-soul track ready for deep funk dancefloors worldwide, flip it over for KGF's take on the ballad-with-a-beat! https://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF349163-01-01-01.mp3
https://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF349163-01-02-01.mp3

Unplayed, M- 8 Euro

KINGS GO FORTH “Don’t take my Shadow” (MR. C)
Modern Soul at its best, what an anthem!
Unplayed, M- 12 Euro

FRANK POPP ENSEMBLE "žStripper Girl b/w Hip Club“
Super catchy mod dancefloor tune from a few years ago that came out in an limited edition of 500. Long out of print. Including picture cover. Unplayed stockcopy , M-, 12 Euro

Rickey Calloway & Dap-Kings "žStay In The Groove Part1 / Part 2“ (FNR)
Unplayed stockcopy from 2011, 9 Euro

Rickey Calloway & Dap-Kings "žI’m in Love Part1 / Part 2“ (FNR)
Unplayed stockcopy from 2011, 8 Euro

ELI PAPERBOY REED “Take my love with you“ (O-dee)
Unplayed stockcopy from 2008, incl. download card
15 Euro

BOBBY BLACKBIRD & THE BLUEJAYS "žDon’t need nobody/ Peech Fuzz“ (Cardboard City)
First release from CC, also from down under back in 2004. Heavy deep Funk in the vain of the Bamboos, breaks alert!
Unplayed stockcopy, 10 Euro

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert