Willie Tee "concentrate" [Gatur]…. Booted ?

Guest Ivor Jones

Guest Ivor Jones

Hello everyone…

Just noticed that a copy of Willie Tee "Concentrate / Get Up" on [Gatur] has come up in the sales section. Theres a scan of the record attached to the post. I didn't think it was appropriate to comment on the Sales post so I've started a thread here. The record caught my eye because it looks nothing like the copy Ive had for years.

Mine looks like this:

post-4315-0-79526100-1415487124_thumb.jp

If you look at the copy in sales, it has a different lable logo and the text is different in layout and the lettering used. Now, in itself,thats nothing strange because as we all know,some of these little lable releases had numerous pressing runs. I don't know if these are re-presses or bonafide originals and Im certainly not casting aspersions because Its obviously being sold innocently in all good faith by unsuspecting collectors/dealers. However, Im more than a little suspicious now because I checked out Popsike and typed in:

Willie Tee Concentrate

and out of a few copies for sale, the only ones that have the different Logo to mine[in the picture above], have all been sold this year. Every other copy with the logo like mine was sold previously to this year.

I would put a link to the copies if i knew how but heres the sales dates of the items in question, have a look for yourselves :

2014-03-16

2014-07-07

2014-06-30

Like i say, Im not saying they are bootlegs but I'm now more than a little suspicious. I guess the way to clear this up would be if any collectors on here own the different logo copy, how long for ?

Any help would be appreciated,this is a genuine question,

Yours sincerely,

Ivor Jones

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source