Soulsource Record Club Your Choice For Autum 2014

dthedrug

:hatsoff2:  HI ALL....YES IT'S ME BACK (for how long) feeling much better, so thanks for all the nice comments sent, also thanks for staying with the RECORD CLUB thread WELL DONE,

As I am very late with picking a new theme, I thought it was time for us to pick the TOP Favourites of each member, ideally pick a 45 from your collection, that you feel that it is a must have record to own, not easy! as I'm aware that there are similar threads all over the WEB, that your choice will also include info that will help younger soul brothers & sisters will enjoy your pick,.

SMASH RECORDS #S2111 - the AMBERS - "Potion of LOVE" b/w "Another LOVE".

:thumbsup:

Glad you're feeling better Dave, we can all walk that path occasionally.

I think that the music helps to keep us rooted and takes us to a better place..

If you don't mind my saying that is..

Regards the Ambers, fabulous two sider - another that's become hard to find and expensive.

Here's a recent acquisition from me:

The Enchanted Five Have You Ever (That's What It Means) CVS
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

This to me is an all time classic that I never tire of hearing  :wink:

TED FORD - YOU'RE GONNA NEED ME - SS7 DEMO

:thumbsup:

Swifty

Love this,had my 77 copy since Wigan & have always thought it's never had the plays it deserved?

So when you sell your demo cheap having paid lots more for it (your usual business model :shhh:),give me a nod  :thumbsup: 

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Swifty

Love this,had my 77 copy since Wigan & have always thought it's never had the plays it deserved?

So when you sell your demo cheap having paid lots more for it (your usual business model :shhh:),give me a nod  :thumbsup: 

Cheers

Martyn

You know me so well Martyn  :lol: , this is the 3rd demo I've had 'cause every time I sold it I regretted it big time . As you say it doesn't seem to get the plays it deserves , Martyn you'll be first on my list matey  :thumbsup: Meant to pm you the other day 'cause that record 'The way I feel ?' on JV can't fooking remeber who it is now was up in sales for £35 

Take care matey  :thumbsup:

Social source share

You know me so well Martyn  :lol: , this is the 3rd demo I've had 'cause every time I sold it I regretted it big time . As you say it doesn't seem to get the plays it deserves , Martyn you'll be first on my list matey  :thumbsup: Meant to pm you the other day 'cause that record 'The way I feel ?' on JV can't fooking remeber who it is now was up in sales for £35 

Take care matey  :thumbsup:

Swifty

Forgot myself,vocal to Green Onions.........well a little bit :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edit.......just checked my evil-bay wants......Frank Butler :thumbsup:

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Really tough call, in fact nearly impossible to choose one, this is getting hammered in my room at the moment, mid-tempo shuffler that should be massive IMHO

Donny Beaumont-Don't make me go now-Mercury

Kev  (BTW, great thread)

Kev

New to me & not one I'd rush to buy but loved the backing vocals,smooth with a capital S :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2:  HI ALL....YES IT'S ME BACK (for how long) feeling much better, so thanks for all the nice comments sent, also thanks for staying with the RECORD CLUB thread WELL DONE,

As I am very late with picking a new theme, I thought it was time for us to pick the TOP Favourites of each member, ideally pick a 45 from your collection, that you feel that it is a must have record to own, not easy! as I'm aware that there are similar threads all over the WEB, that your choice will also include info that will help younger soul brothers & sisters will enjoy your pick,.

WHY WE NEED TO DO THS?  On Friday we had a Gas man at a guess he was in his mid 20s, call at our house, he could not contain himself after noticing my record room, he asked me many questions about the rare soul scene, as he had started going to local events & was going to the Blackpool weekender,

Never to miss a opportunity to play records, I put on a few classics for him, what surprised me was he did not know some & the ones he did he was unaware of the artist or title, in-fact he needed some education, (this is something that is missing from other threads, with a couple of exception, John Manships gives a great potted write up on all of his items that I really enjoy.)

A list of must haves as opposed to the top 500 records that Kev Roberts put together will differ by the fact it is record club members pick, not 1 persons view, although Kevs book is excellent, this will be if we can be a collectors guide & benefits the up & coming DJs of to-morrow,

I have put a few pictures of what I call classics, but for some off the younger people they are newies,

To kick of the thread I have picked a big sound from 1972 that would be classed as a TORCH MECCA classic,

:thumbsup: My COPIESattachicon.gifSSRC#1.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#2.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#3.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#4.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#5.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#6.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#7.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#8.jpg :shhh: would you pick any of these? DAVE K

https://youtu.be/EnGhenK_RP0

WHY WE NEED TO DO THS?  On Friday we had a Gas man at a guess he was in his mid 20s, call at our house, he could not contain himself after noticing my record room, he asked me many questions about the rare soul scene, as he had started going to local events & was going to the Blackpool weekender,

Never to miss a opportunity to play records, I put on a few classics for him, what surprised me was he did not know some & the ones he did he was unaware of the artist or title, in-fact he needed some education, (this is something that is missing from other threads, with a couple of exception, John Manships gives a great potted write up on all of his items that I really enjoy.)

A list of must haves as opposed to the top 500 records that Kev Roberts put together will differ by the fact it is record club members pick, not 1 persons view, although Kevs book is excellent, this will be if we can be a collectors guide & benefits the up & coming DJs of to-morrow,

I have put a few pictures of what I call classics, but for some off the younger people they are newies,

To kick of the thread I have picked a big sound from 1972 that would be classed as a TORCH MECCA classic,

:thumbsup: My COPIESattachicon.gifSSRC#1.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#2.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#3.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#4.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#5.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#6.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#7.jpgattachicon.gifSSRC#8.jpg :shhh: would you pick any of these? DAVE K

https://youtu.be/EnGhenK_RP0

what a tune don't recall hearing this out before but then my memories of the 70's are hazy.should be played thanks dave

kev

Social source share

This has been posted before (can't remember who by sorry) & I loved it,went straight on the wants list & that nice Swifty bloke pointed out there was one on Flynny's sales page........so I'm now the proud owner of a

Frank Butler-The Love I Need JV

Ra-bra being the other label Martyn. Labels reversed on this.?  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

colleen lovett / go go girl

dot records , while where in the mood for some of that r n b , try this one

Gogger

New to me & I'm not sure about it?It's one of those I'll have to play a few time & I'll either end up loving & must have one or hating & never wanting to hear it again :g:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Gogger

New to me & I'm not sure about it?It's one of those I'll have to play a few time & I'll either end up loving & must have one or hating & never wanting to hear it again :g:

Cheers

Martyn

martyn your right , still growing (or not) on me , but like most of my records it cost next to nowt , so won't shed to many tears  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share