Soulsource Record Club Your Choice For Autum 2014

dthedrug

Hey up you lot,have you missed me :no: Well behind so I'll post before I try to catch up(depending how quick my head clears

:facepalm:)

One I bought last night,maybe a bit on the fast side for us owldies but with going to one or two the young un's night's I'm reverting back to my youth when this would have been classed as a beat ballad :lol:

Mona Lisa-They Don't Know Dade

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

This is for Kev as he keeps trying to convince me he played "Part 2" at Burnley the other week on purpose  :wicked: Thought I'd show him what he's missing,this the far better side imo.Played at Wigan but I associate it with Cleggy more some reason?Another one I got last night ,seen it priced recently at £30 which I couldn't believe but I paid the proper price..........I got it given :lol:

The East Coast Connection - Summer In The Parks New Direction

Social source share

Mine for today.I only post records i actually own.My box is modest in number but contains most of my faves just like this one.A fantastic record i challenge any one not to move a body part to

Patto

4 o'clock in morning tune when the dancers are flagging,proper nighter tune.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This is for Kev as he keeps trying to convince me he played "Part 2" at Burnley the other week on purpose  :wicked: Thought I'd show him what he's missing,this the far better side imo.Played at Wigan but I associate it with Cleggy more some reason?Another one I got last night ,seen it priced recently at £30 which I couldn't believe but I paid the proper price..........I got it given :lol:

The East Coast Connection - Summer In The Parks New Direction

Too young to have made the early Cleggy scene but did do a few of the later winter gardens dayers and lots of the 90s bank holiday nights.I was at the farewell Night at the Gardens remember that for a long time.This is deffo what i would call a Cleggy Anthem.My feet are usually in the 60s mafia camp but just love the energy of those uptempo Cleethorpes and Clifton Hall 70s dancers.Its Northern Soul To me

• Helpful 2
Social source share

This song brings back so many memories of my youth. I can close my eyes and still imagine hearing it echoing around a big hall. As a young lad I had a real tear in my eye when I got my very own copy of it, such is the effect it had on me then...................and still does.

Terri Bryant - Geni - Verve

Edited by gazman
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

https://youtu.be/FDQ4tvAOfp4 just bought this one(few years old now but goody)lack of afro-foollawrence

Great choice Lawrence - samples Sam Fletcher and always works well when I play it out . There's also another version ,('I've been thinking') currently unreleased , owned , produced and played from an acetate by Jay Cee . Hopefully he'll give it a spin at the Manhattan next Sat. imo edges Lack of Afro with stronger vocals . https://m.soundcloud.com/jasonsaxo/ive-been-thinking Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Too young to have made the early Cleggy scene but did do a few of the later winter gardens dayers and lots of the 90s bank holiday nights.I was at the farewell Night at the Gardens remember that for a long time.This is deffo what i would call a Cleggy Anthem.My feet are usually in the 60s mafia camp but just love the energy of those uptempo Cleethorpes and Clifton Hall 70s dancers.Its Northern Soul To me

Patto

We were probably stood next to each other as I was at the last "Gardens" night as well  :thumbsup: 

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I played this on one of the VERY rare occasions that I was asked to DJ and it sounded brilliant. Another tune that's been with me since i was a young lad and holds lots of memories for me.

Mighty Joe Young - Suffering Soul - Webcor

gary

Gary

Brilliant tune,always reminds me of Roger banks for some reason??

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share