Tomangoes Acetate ?

Dobber

no we are just getting silly

Now Chalky, i'm surprised at you here ....

So you would play for example - Frank Wilson on TMG would you at an OVO event ???

Please explain why you would allow Darrell Banks to be played on a London issue when that isn't the original vinyl, I cant wait for the reply............... :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've never had it ....... Seriously...... I mean an OVO of Frank Wilson, I had to make do with the TMG.

Have you had it or got it ?

The TMG is the original issue as we all know it was never given a U.S release........ :hatsoff2:

Social source share

The TMG is the original issue as we all know it was never given a U.S release........ :hatsoff2:

Arrrr, naughty, LOL

However it maybe the original issue but its not the actual Original Vinyl, subtle difference ........................

Social source share

Really?

London/Stateside pressings are contemporaneous.

Does this make Revilot "more" original?

Well the supposingly Holy Grail record isnt the original vinyl now is - that title belongs to the first and original release on REVILOT ??

Just checkout the time differential too !!!!

Edited by NSG
Social source share

Sadly, whilst I acknowledge where you are coming from, this point of view epitomises what has gone wrong and why there is already an underground scene - and long may that last, long may it feed the media-hungry, nostalgia-driven, overground and commercial scene which now exists and has dominated this thread. There are many on this 'scene' who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Your premise, Ian, is based on the presumption that said record box will by default be stuffed full of acknowledged, relatively high price 45s, probably known, tried-and-trusted to fill most dancefloors - Natural Four (on ABC), Seven Souls, Charades etc etc - we all know the score and we've all heard the same set over and over, ad nauseum at soul nights and niters the length and breadth of the UK. From a personal perspective and I suspect from the perspective of many on this thread, this is not how we see things. Many are interested in the DJ that will stand at the decks and champion a box load of carefully researched items which will not necessarily command 3 or 4 figure prices. All anyone with a limited budget and, more importantly, an open mind and a thirst for sounds new to their ears, needs to do is scour the sales pages on this site day-in, day-out. You will find many, many 45s with potential, many already known, but not widely so, ripe for activation or reactivation. The idea that a viable and attractive playbox needs to have a retail value running into tens of thousands of pounds is a myth. Every record played on this scene started life cheap until someone saw its potential.

i guess when the average age is about 60 the meaning of "underground scene" changes!. valuing the Tomangoes on Washpan is not why i enjoy attending all types of soul do. the discovery of new tunes is a big part BUT dancing to Luther Ingram every time i go anywhere on a bootleg or original is just as important. im leaving my Washpan copy to my son and i have no intention of telling him what its worth ever, i hope he spins it to death on sunday mornings while he's cooking a breakfast and gives it to his kids to play til it wears out. .."the value of nothing?". maybe someone should ask the Tomangoes why they recorded this in the first place and what they felt when they heard it played on the radio for the first time.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

"it's whats's in the grooves that counts".Often said by two bit bootleg Bob.You have to have some rules.The days of dropping a booted record are gone so the playing of originals has taken over.If there wasn't that rule you would have every Tom,Dick and Bob deejaying.Nights would be springing up everywhere playing the records that Bob,Dick and Harry would love to have played in 75.Come on all of this original lark is too hard.You play by my rules as they are curently being rewritten? Any news on who won the northern soul awards? Basically if you want to be in the gang and you sold up then Im sorry the gang won't accept you with your booty tat.The only way in would be to put your own doo on.Bootleg Bob don't come on here looking for acceptance...you either have The Tomangoes or you dont.Stick another record on and leave The Tomangoes to someone that has it.No amount of soul Police,snobs...but but but it's on Grapevine...will change it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!