Hook Line & Sinker On Mica; Roy Wright

Ady Croasdell

There is a substantial and detailed thread about these 2 tracks on MICA somewhere from a couple of years ago. 

Not sure if it was I who started it, :g:  i`ll try to find :)

Social source share

Blimey! So it did come out on Vick then. Not surprising I suppose. That must look tasty alongside YCMWLA. Still only Carl F with a copy? Or can anyone else on here boast one?

Have a copy of you changed my whole life around on Vick if thats the one you mean. So another copy lol

Social source share

There's a version of this by Arnold 'Sugar' Hill which also has "I Can't Please You" on the other side. It's on Hawk records and has Jerhart (BMI) on the label. 

Hawk Records was also co-owned by Bob Lee.  Jerhart Music was his personal music publisher (not shared with co-owners).  So, when Bob Lee started doing A&R work for other label owners, such as Benson, he had their labels re-relelease his biggest hit-Jimmy Robins' "I Can't Please You", plus Roy Wright's "Hook line and Sinker", and a few others.  Lee owned Vick, together with Ruth Moore, Jerhart, together with a money backer.  Mica was owned by Al Benson, for whom Lee later worked (1966) -Thus the re-issues.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!