Japan Postage

Henrun

Has this been bettered? Record paid for on Saturday. Posted same day in Japan. Delivered to my door Monday. Two days! I've just waited 10 for a record from Germany and two weeks is good for the US and Canada. Step forward the Japanese postal service and of course the ever reliable Flynny!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

"Meet The Temptations" LP from Japan to Malaga ,Spain  5 days, 7 euros postage stunning condition!  UK 10 days plus ,  postage  10 euros plus. Viva Japan!

Social source share

Honestly, the Japan Post has been giving a great service, fast and no missing packages at a low cost.  Usually, the postage of one 45 from Japan to any oversea countries is only around 450 yen which means only $4, and if you pay another 410 yen (about $3.50) for a registered mail.  You can compare to a shipping cost from the US at $13.  Yet, Japanese Yen dropped so much in few months which is good news for the foreign buyers to buy from Japan.  

Social source share

Has this been bettered? Record paid for on Saturday. Posted same day in Japan. Delivered to my door Monday. Two days! I've just waited 10 for a record from Germany and two weeks is good for the US and Canada. Step forward the Japanese postal service and of course the ever reliable Flynny!

That is pretty damn quick...the disc in the parcel wasn't bad either...and cheap :thumbup:

Edited by Flynny
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I always send using the Japanese courier service, EMS...costs a little more but super efficient, quick and reliable...and fun tracking online of course :)

That said, it takes two to tango, so it also includes the receiving country's post team to get it to its final destination...maybe the big padded EMS envelope helps it along, plus correctly filled in paperwork of course!

:)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I always send using the Japanese courier service, EMS...costs a little more but super efficient, quick and reliable...and fun tracking online of course :)

That said, it takes two to tango, so it also includes the receiving country's post team to get it to its final destination...maybe the big padded EMS envelope helps it along, plus correctly filled in paperwork of course!

Good point. It can't get from Japan to my doorsted in two days if they are not doing something right at this end.

Social source share

That said, it takes two to tango, so it also includes the receiving country's post team to get it to its final destination...maybe the big padded EMS envelope helps along plus correctly filled in paperwork of course!

yeah ill vouch for that, couldnt believe how quick your tunes arrived at my door. 

maybe they have less post to send abroad? 

Social source share

yeah ill vouch for that, couldnt believe how quick your tunes arrived at my door. 

Or like everything in Japan, just super efficient.

Edited by Noggin
Social source share

Mate, no idea why post from this country seems to get to UK/European addresses really quick...any UK postmen (postpeople!) care to comment?

It's certainly not a freak occurrence...I've been sending parcels out for a decade and they are always quick and efficient...no complaints here! I mail from one of the main central post offices, so it is off to the airport within a few hours...the turnaround going out through Japanese Customs and getting on a plane seems to be but another few hours...flight over "comes from the future" as we are 8 or 9 hours ahead of the UK...sail through UK Customs (maybe they trust parcels from Japan more / the paperwork is accurate) then off for delivery requiring a signature...internet trackable all the way. A delay only seems to occur if there is no one there to take delivery.

Also must say hats off to Mike for supplying such a good forum/site/community!

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Flynny does it again..........3 days delivery.........I'm sure he just live round the corner from me & delivers them by hand :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Before I start feeling too smug, the ying to the yang is that parcels coming into Japan take longer...doh!  :facepalm:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...

so here goes. Postie's reply. If a packet drops through your letterbox in 2/3 days from anywhere (apart from courier companies) then Royal Mail has played a part in that service. It has  come from airport to mailcenter then to local office,sorted to walk then delivered. I collect as well and experience some of the points made above. Royal Mail is a long way from perfection and I am no spokesperson on their behalf,  but some try hard to be efficient and do their job. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!