Argie And The Arketts

Liamgp

You're The Guy...When was this first played at a Northern event? Wonderful record and very atmospheric but it seems a bit slow for mid-70s tastes but I guess not everything was a full-blown stomper then.

Wigan, late 70s, very briefly - about the same time as Gloria and the T-Aira's "I'm Satisfied"

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I got this in a soul pack, I think from Soul Bowl or maybe Black Grape, and always liked this side and used to put it on tape swaps. But as is so often the case with changing tastes, give the flip side a listen "Hey Baby" - really nice track and one that I do think could get played out too.

Sadly I can't help with dating it or linking it to who played it, but if it was one of those Soul packs I think I went for them in the early 80's rather than some of the different suppliers in the mid/late 70s when I tended to get more pressings in the packs.

Social source share

I have it down as an Ian Clark spin so that would make it 82/83 at Stafford, he could have been playing it earlier?

Hiya Chalky, you maybe right, cos Dean Anderson covered Shirley Edwards up as Argie & the Arkettes & that must have been in the mid 80s (IMHO)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Mr Woodliffe & Mr Broughton  I can remember jonathan playing it at the palias  just before you sold up think I had it of you along with the bobby kline  a £5 and joanne king on fairmount plus a couple of other bits ,also seem to remember Ian Clark playing it at yate around the same time

atb Steve :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!