Peter99

Seen Any Good Films Recently

Just watched Lone Survivor on Sky about a US Navy Seal team on a botched operation in Afghanistan. Based on a true story. Also based on a true story was Special Forces, about French Special Forces sent in to rescue a journalist kidnapped in Afghanistan. On reflection I preferred the French film.

I'd recommend The Imitation Game about Alan Turing, excellent film and sad. It's made me want to find out more about the whole story of Enigma.

Geoff,the clips looked a little like "A beautiful Mind". Would that be a fair comparison.?

Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Best I've seen for ages.

refreshing SyFi, breaking new ground in the way that Bladerunner/Terminator did all those years ago, with a comedy edge & a cool cool well used soundtrack.

Must see movie of the year.

Watch it!

Geoff,the clips looked a little like "A beautiful Mind". Would that be a fair comparison.?

I've not seen A Beautiful Mind but I've just checked on Wikipedia and there seem to be some plot similarities. I went for years not going to the movies but have started again since being with Eileen, albeit to the silver screenings at Stratford Playhouse.

I would recommend The Imitation Game though, I found it very moving in places.

Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Best I've seen for ages.

refreshing SyFi, breaking new ground in the way that Bladerunner/Terminator did all those years ago, with a comedy edge & a cool cool well used soundtrack.

Watch it!

Yes I enjoyed GOTG and the latest Planet of the Apes.  Edge of Tomorrow was a good film too.

Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Best I've seen for ages.

Watch it!

Groot rules !!!!

Much preferred this to Interstellar !!

Edited by polyvelts

Just watching 'Planes, trains and automobiles' for the umpteenth time.

You have to admit that Steve Martin has had a patchy output but this is really made by the undervalued John Candy.

'Where's your other hand?'

'Between two pillows...'

'Those aren't pillows!'

Classic.

Just watching 'Planes, trains and automobiles' for the umpteenth time.

You have to admit that Steve Martin has had a patchy output but this is really made by the undervalued John Candy.

'Where's your other hand?'

'Between two pillows...'

'Those aren't pillows!'

Classic.

Great film, funny and touching (the ending always makes me cry)

Love the car rental scene.

Perhaps it was already cited, but I finally bought -and saw- "The Sapphires" a very enjoyable film that I can recommend to any Soul fan.

Based on a true story it's a simple film but the music is flawless. Here's the trailer (plus other scenes) :

Guest gfarrington

hoping to see some tonight , premiere of battleship then a old favourite dust till dawn

Guest gfarrington

thought battleship was good

Just watched Rosemary's Baby for the first time in probably 30 years or more.

Still quite enjoyable but its strange watching old films that we grew up with nowadays. Things have changed so much in films & TV, makes ya feel old  :huh:

Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Best I've seen for ages.

Watch it!

Watched it !! Prefer Harry potter ! Watched the terminater the other nite & No I need yur clothes yur boots & yur motorcycle scene !! He took the clothes off a group of punk rockers !! Is there 2 versions 2 the 1st film !!

having watched it A 3rd time I have changed my mind , didn't really know wot expect but it's 1 of those films U can watch over again like Harry , crocodile Dundee & the Warriors !!

Edited by hornet

Perhaps it was already cited, but I finally bought -and saw- "The Sapphires" a very enjoyable film that I can recommend to any Soul fan.

Based on a true story it's a simple film but the music is flawless. Here's the trailer (plus other scenes) :

I bought this after your recommendation (£4 from Amazon!). We watched it on Sunday and thought it was absolutely terrific. Thanks for suggesting it - I'd genuinely never heard of it. :thumbup:

Cheers

John

Prisoners    really good. Watch it! It's about two little girls kidnapped and the hunt to find them.  

The Other Guys, really really funny Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg spook detective film. Hilarious.  

Watched a film called "Cheap Thrills" on Sky.  I think it was supposed to be a black comedy.  About two blokes who meet up in a bar after not seeing each other for five years.  One's a down on his luck writer with a wife and baby, about to be evicted and just laid off from his day job as a mechanic.  The other is a debt collector.  They end up having a drink with a rich couple and the husband keeps getting them to do dares for money.  Starts off as quite harmless fun but just gets sicker and sicker.  Don't watch it if you're a dog lover.

'Wolf of Wall Street' was the last good film I watched. Very enjoyable  :yes:

if you or any one else have not done so already watch some of the interviews with Jordan Belfort on youtube. They are quite entertaining. 

its amusing enough just to see how much of the film actually happened.

Seen FURY with Brad Pitt, worse film I've seen for ages.

One tank surrounded by a whole division of a crack special SS soldiers & manages to fend em off for an eternity, can't be that hard to take out a tank that you have surrounded.

Like The Germans were incapable! They'd only takendn over half the continent.

Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

Absolute drivel,

One tank surrounded by a whole division of a crack special SS soldiers & manages to fend em off for an eternity, can't be that hard to take out a tank that you have surrounded.

Absolute drivel,

Watch "Lebanon" if you want to see a gritty film about a tank crew.  Very claustrophobic, gives a real sense of what it must be like squashed inside a steel box.

Absolute drivel,

I watched that.

Hilarious when the last guy escaped from under the tank and wasn't spotted despite only hiding 6" from the surface.

With the aid of www.rareslust.com, the last films I've watched have been:

Enemy territory (stars Ray Parker Jr) 1987

Cosh Boy (Joan Collins) 1953

Bread (about some hippies trying to 'stick it the man', some great fashions in this) 1971

Not Exactly Hollywood - The Story Of Ozploitation (documentary 2008)

The Bare Wench Project (softcore spoof 2000)

Killers Moon (terrible 1978 Brit slasher film)

Spirit Of 76 (people go back in time to 1776 to learn about the US war of independence but by mistake go back to 1976 and meet david Cassidy LOL)

The Party's Over (Oliver Reed 1964 very grim thriller in swinging London)

Bronco Bullfrog (1971) nothing happens but it's the only real "Suedehead" film

Frozen - 5 times in 5 days - Let it Go

Watch "Lebanon" if you want to see a gritty film about a tank crew. Very claustrophobic, gives a real sense of what it must be like squashed inside a steel box.

Sounds more like it Steve.

A terrainian version of Das Boot!

I'll check it out mate.

Edited by MrsWoodsrules

Absolute drivel,

See what I mean about trying to recommend films to other people. Read loads of very positive reviews of this film, though when I watched the trailer I got the same impression as you.

Watched it !! Prefer Harry potter ! Watched the terminater the other nite & No I need yur clothes yur boots & yur motorcycle scene !! He took the clothes off a group of punk rockers !! Is there 2 versions 2 the 1st film !!

It's Terminator 2 when he does that, with the bikers in the bar.

Punks in T1, bikers in T2.

Edited by Matt Male

Was in the mood for an easy non-Christmas-feel-good-film so we watched St:Vincent with Bill Murray at the cinema the other day. Excellent film,

worth staying for the scene when the final credits come up as well. :)   

GONE GIRL is really very good, lost of twists & turns, keeps you guessing to the end.

Yes, one of the best I've seen this year without a doubt.

MR TURNER is a beautifully shot & a brilliant portrait of of one of our very best artists William Turner.

You slip effortlessly back into every aspect of the Victorian times, the detail is really very convincing and you just run with the story.

An Oscar could easily beckon for Timothy's Spall excellent portrayal me thinks.

I have Gone Girl as a download and i`ll watch it later over Christmas no doubt. Saw The Equalizer with Denzil Washington and that was pretty good. Also watched Gran Torino again last night on TV and enjoyed it as much as the 1st time......reminded me of me in a decade or so....grouchy old bastard!  :lol:

Went to see the concluding part of The Hobbit.  Considering Orlando Bloom also played the Legolas character in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, he's aged well.  Enjoyed all three films and Peter Jackson has done a great job of bringing Tolkien's work to the big screen.

With the aid of www.rareslust.com, the last films I've watched have been:

Enemy territory (stars Ray Parker Jr) 1987

Cosh Boy (Joan Collins) 1953

Bread (about some hippies trying to 'stick it the man', some great fashions in this) 1971

Not Exactly Hollywood - The Story Of Ozploitation (documentary 2008)

The Bare Wench Project (softcore spoof 2000)

Killers Moon (terrible 1978 Brit slasher film)

Spirit Of 76 (people go back in time to 1776 to learn about the US war of independence but by mistake go back to 1976 and meet david Cassidy LOL)

The Party's Over (Oliver Reed 1964 very grim thriller in swinging London)

Bronco Bullfrog (1971) nothing happens but it's the only real "Suedehead" film

Frozen - 5 times in 5 days - Let it Go

The Bare Wench Project - is that like the Blair Witch Project but in the nud.?

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.