Peter99 profile photo

Seen Any Good Films Recently

Posted

I saw "Us" recently and found it disturbing but very entertaining, don't understand why "It" has been remade, or "Pet Sematary", it's not like Stephen King needs the money.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Simon T said:

Are we allowed to comment, spoilers and all that?

??

doubt if anyone would appreciate spoilers on any film

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 09/01/2020 at 14:14, Mike said:

got this one on the 'for the use of the xmas voucher present' list

on release uk tomorrow yep?

anyone going?

Just seen this, I think that I may of grinded some enamel off my teeth, some very tense and sad moments, a story that never gets old. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 09/01/2020 at 18:22, Mike said:

??

doubt if anyone would appreciate spoilers on any film

Sorry Mike, totally wrong wording of post, i wouldn't post a spoiler. My great uncle (bottom left 2, with knife & mug) was killed 22 days after when the film is set. I have a postcard to his mum saying he had recently HAERD FROM his brother,, and could picture it being him in the same situation/task.

WHITE

George Ernest

Private 201404. 10th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment. Killed in action 28th April 1917, aged 21 years. Son of (the late) George and Rosetta White of Kirton Holme, Lincs. Brother of Harry White. Born Swineshead, enlisted Sleaford and resident Kirton Holme, Lincs. Commemorated Roeux British Cemetery. D.12.

WHITE

Harry

Lance Sergeant 201385. 4th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment. Killed in action 25th March 1918, aged 25 years. Son of (the late) George and Rosetta White of Kirton Holme, Lincs. Brother of George Ernest White. Born Swineshead, enlisted Sleaford and resident Boston, Lincs. Commemorated Douchy-Les-Ayette British Cemetery. III.D.1.

soul photo0015

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Simon T said:

Sorry Mike, totally wrong wording of post, i wouldn't post a spoiler. My great uncle (bottom left 2, with knife & mug) was killed 22 days after when the film is set. I have a postcard to his mum saying he had recently seen his brother,, and could picture it being him in the same situation/task.

WHITE

George Ernest

Private 201404. 10th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment. Killed in action 28th April 1917, aged 21 years. Son of (the late) George and Rosetta White of Kirton Holme, Lincs. Brother of Harry White. Born Swineshead, enlisted Sleaford and resident Kirton Holme, Lincs. Commemorated Roeux British Cemetery. D.12.

WHITE

Harry

Lance Sergeant 201385. 4th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment. Killed in action 25th March 1918, aged 25 years. Son of (the late) George and Rosetta White of Kirton Holme, Lincs. Brother of George Ernest White. Born Swineshead, enlisted Sleaford and resident Boston, Lincs. Commemorated Douchy-Les-Ayette British Cemetery. III.D.1.

soul photo0015

Fantastic photo Simon, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

Fantastic photo Simon, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

yep a great photo 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

his brother Harry (looks the same, but bit taller), plus Rosetta's 'thanks' for her two sons

soul gongsz (Copy)

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Over Christmas, one morning I found myself watching Escape to Athena with the very delectable Stephanie Powers, and no, she wasn`t sat with me unfortunately she was on screen. Half way through this happened. Wind it on to 50:10 and you`ll see.

The end credits of the film credit all the songs/music from the soundtrack but BitN is unaccredited.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went to see 1917 last night, superb entertainment, tense, enthralling, gritty, and riveting, well recommended.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes, just saw 1917 it was good but horrifying.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

1917......saw it on Saturday in X4D! It was the only option when I arrived so felt all the bumps etc. etc. The film was as previously described.....Excellent.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 13/01/2020 at 14:06, Wilxy said:

1917......saw it on Saturday in X4D! It was the only option when I arrived so felt all the bumps etc. etc. The film was as previously described.....Excellent.

saw it in normal this week as the only option but agree with yours and others take

excellent 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

We went, for the 1st time in years to see Dr Sleep last month at our local Vue cinema, Saturday night, I booked in the week in case it was booked up on the night.

When we arrived I was expecting the usual milling throng of parents and kids pick & mixing in the foyer, the new Terminator film had also just premiered that week and a couple more kids movies so a busy weekend.

Errr no. There was just me and the wife, no one else in the place, I got us a beer each and we went to find our seats, there was only one more couple in screen 1 and as far as we could tell, in the whole building, as we left they were behind us locking up. 

Good movie though but what a shame no one`s going anymore.😥

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I have a cineworld membership so go see all whilst on my travels. I've had an interest in WW1 since aged 11 started by a school project. Over the past 40+ years I've been digging at the Somme and visited the Menein Gate several times in various capacitys. I went to see 1917.......spotted 6 joins... as an editor of hundreds of films I was interested in the continual filming aspect...! I had watched Journeys End on Netflix the day before.......if you liked 1917...watch Journeys end... afterwards! X The ultimate WW1 film for me is All Quiet on the Western Front...the original b&w version not the John Boy Walton remake! X

LUV 

SOOTY 

X

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I watched Richard Jewell last night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3513548/ 

Based on a true story about the bombing at the Atlanta 1996 Olympics event. Directed by Client Eastwood. Definitely worth seeing

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 20/01/2020 at 10:19, Shaun said:

I watched Richard Jewell last night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3513548/ 

Based on a true story about the bombing at the Atlanta 1996 Olympics event. Directed by Client Eastwood. Definitely worth seeing

I liked it

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

over time have usually found that Mark Kemodes reviews are a good source for good film tips

this was the case here

on netflix now

intense but most enjoyable couple of hours

anyone else seen it?

or any other recent enjoyable tips

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just watched STAN AND OLLIE. What a lovely film, brilliantly acted and the pace of the film. Not watched a good film in a long time. Defo worth watching 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 03/02/2020 at 10:40, Mike said:

over time have usually found that Mark Kemodes reviews are a good source for good film tips

this was the case here

on netflix now

intense but most enjoyable couple of hours

anyone else seen it?

Sometimes when you are watching something you find the character a complete 'expletive' and you can't relate to them, but then you realise the acting was really  great to have generated that feeling. I liked the ending, thinking "couldn't have happened to a nicer guy" 7/10 from me.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 03/02/2020 at 10:40, Mike said:

Not reviews as you can go to IMDB for them, just quick comments on some recently watched.....

Harriet - lovely film well worth watching several times  

John Henry - this film is so bad it's brilliant! You'll find yourself saying WTF is this all about? Don't pay to see this, but spend your money on Black Mamba to help you understand it. Everything about it, acting, plot, filming etc is dire. Don't worry, i doubt you'll waste a hour & halve of you life on it as you'll not get past 30 minutes - though the last 10 mins will leave you dumbfounded!

Sorry we missed you - Grim and very, very good. Certainly delivers, and you'll never squiggle a rude word instead of a signature on the courier's little machine again!

Last black man in San Francisco - couldn't make head nor tale of this to be honest, so if anyone could enlighten me.

If I Leave Here Tomorrow A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd. - as a music fan of all genres, i really enjoyed this & recommend.

I am Duran - if you are not a boxing fan, but a sports fan you still should like this. Rag to riches and back again story. I certainly didn't find myself saying 'no mas'

JoJo Rabbit - utter twaddle in my opinion.

Queen & Slim - Oh you'll like this

Edited by Simon T

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Not a new film , think it came out in 2017. It’s in black and white and has subtitles but if you can .... stick with it . 

“The Captain” tells the story of a German deserter during the end of WW11 and looks at the other side of the conflict . Compelling watching if you give it a chance.

soul 6C69DF77 F286 43CD B6A8 A69AA8CDD0AA

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went to see the excellent QUEEN and SLIM last weekend, starring Daniel Kaluuya and Jodie Turner-Smith (actually from Peterborough) as a black couple who have to go on the run after a racist Police Officer is shot and killed, and their various encounters and evasion of capture while trying to make it from Ohio to Cuba. Highly entertaining movie, and a pretty cool soundtrack, also.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. cheap but very good 70s /modern soul dancers.
    Record Sales by Dave Pinch on Thu 27 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 335
    • Dave Pinch on 27 Feb 2020
  2. Where do tv stations source their films?
    Freebasing by Stevie on Wed 26 Feb 2020
    • 3 / 229
    • Stevie on 27 Feb 2020
  3. Right Good 60's Niceties - US, UK & Foreign Picture Cove
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Wed 26 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 378
    • Roger Banks on 26 Feb 2020
  4. Cheap but good
    Record Sales by Soft Walker on Mon 24 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 367
    • Soft Walker on 24 Feb 2020
  5. COLD BLOOD DEMO - I'M A GOOD WOMAN FOR SALE.
    Record Sales by Mark Bicknell on Mon 24 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 221
    • Mark Bicknell on 24 Feb 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.