Peter99 profile photo

Seen Any Good Films Recently

Posted

And another similar recent one is We still kill the old way.....ive got it but not had time to watch it yet. 

Yep want to see that as well Steve  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

PM me your addy and i`ll pop you one in the post Win.

And that`s not a euphemism.  :lol:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Have PM'd you, cheers bud  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And another similar recent one is We still kill the old way.....ive got it but not had time to watch it yet.

Watched it earlier in the week and enjoyed it. We had a better class of gangster in our day.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched it earlier in the week and enjoyed it. We had a better class of gangster in our day.

Quality soundtrack as well!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I watched that on Boxing Day.  You could predict every scene but it was good. You'll want to kill the main villain just for the way he speaks!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Anybody seen Redirected with Vinnie Jones? Started watching it but got called away. Looks like a Lock Stock kind of storyline.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Get On Up - James Brown's life

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Get On Up - James Brown's life

Watched it last night, good film.

Edited by chalky

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Nightcrawler-movie-poster.jpg

Good film.

Gone-Girl-1.jpg

Good film, shit ending.

149x210xhorriblebosses2.poster.jpg.pages

Shit film.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've heard the Nightcrawler is very good and it is on the list.  Gone Girl was excellent but like you said Ian the ending...... well what ending :)  I think you have to make your own up  :g:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've heard the Nightcrawler is very good and it is on the list.  Gone Girl was excellent but like you said Ian the ending...... well what ending :)  I think you have to make your own up  :g:

I have that one as well Chalky but not had chance to watch any of the new movies as there`s so much "Quality" on at Christmas.

Watching Escape to Victory whilst I type  :P

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I have that one as well Chalky but not had chance to watch any of the new movies as there`s so much "Quality" on at Christmas.

Watching Escape to Victory whilst I type  :P

I will give that one a miss Steve, besides playing with new Synology Drive.

I did watch Dracula Untold the other day, enjoyed that, plenty of blood as you would expect.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Watched CAPTAIN PHILLIPS last night. Absolutely brilliant, gripping film despite knowing how it ended before if started

Edited by Andy Kempster

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Both films arrived this morning Steve, thanks Bud, really appreciated  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Your welcome sir....and have a happy new year  :hatsoff2:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

and to you and yours Steve  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Guvnors and We Still Kill The Old Way are more or less the same film, exactly the same plot.  Kill was the better.  Tried to watch Pride but it came up with Cineva sound blocking halfway through so had to give up, looked really good as well.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I watched a really really good film the other day.

THE DROP, superb, gritty and really well acted.

The tail of a bar tender in a NYC underworld governed by the mob, they drop dirty money off to be collected & cleaned at random bars they own.

Long story short, the drop is in their bar that particular night and the bar gets held up, people stealing from the mob, big mistake......anyway, is goes on from there into a really gripping story and I loved it.

It was James Gandolfini's (The Sopranos) last ever movie, he's not the main protanganist, the lead part played by the very excellent Tom Hardy was 

absolutely spellbinding.

Great film, five stars from me.

Catch it if you can.

Edited by MrsWoodsrules

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Seen a few movies recently I'd really been looking forward to but to tell the truth was a bit disappointed.

'The birdman' and 'foxcatcher' - both a bit pretentious, a bit too clever, however - went to see 'big eyes' not expecting much and really liked it !

Also 'what we did in the shadows' I thought would be a one joke movie but was hilarious all the way through ! What more could you want from a movie about 3 vampires sharing a house in New Zealand !!!!

'Exodus' - big f**king yawnathon !

Film of the year for me though ....'night crawler'

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I watched a really really good film the other day.

The tail of a bar tender in a NYC underworld governed by the mob, they drop dirty money off to be collected & cleaned at random bars they own.

Long story short, the drop is in their bar that particular night and the bar gets held up, people stealing from the mob, big mistake......anyway, is goes on from there into a really gripping story and I loved it.

It was James Gandolfini's (The Sopranos) last ever movie, he's not the main protanganist, the lead part played by the very excellent Tom Hardy was 

absolutely spellbinding.

Catch it if you can.

That one`s sat next to the TV waiting to be viewed!  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Only God Forgives.

East Meets West Revenge Beat Em Up.

Rated R for strong bloody violence including grisly images, sexual content and language

And it's got Ryan Gosling for the ladies...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1602613/

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The equalizer denzil Washington he don't make crap films

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Lawless is good. Noah is a spectacular - in cgi terms. Content decidedly average. Don't want to spoil it but - Ray Winstone plays Ray Winstone.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The equalizer denzil Washington he don't make crap films

But he does seem to have stopped making decent films with a decent plot and story, all crash bang wallop from him these days with little character development which you did get from him at one time.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Lawless is good. Noah is a spectacular - in cgi terms. Content decidedly average. Don't want to spoil it but - Ray Winstone plays Ray Winstone.

when you say ''I don't want to spoil it'' I suspect what you mean is ''It was fuc*ing rubbish, but as I had to watch it, I'm not telling anyone, so they have to go through it as well'' :)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Caught Nightcrawler, I know it's been mentioned.

Very good & well worth watching but not an Oscar winner for me. Thought Gone Girl a better movie, but both very good.

Caught 'Still Alice' not bad, too depressing for me because if subject matter, excellent movie though.

I really liked Mr Turner, I know I've already mentioned it, could win best picture me thinks the Academy like that British historical stuff don't they?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

absolutely spellbinding.

Catch it if you can.

caught it other night

a great film imo -'intense'  be what I would use to describe it

though not too sure about the ending - this  ending and gone girls ending looking like a trend yep?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

caught it other night

a great film imo -'intense' be what I would use to describe it

though not too sure about the ending - this ending and gone girls ending looking like a trend yep?

Agree bout the ending Mike.

Without giving out spoilers, Nightcrawer is similar too. Could well be a trend like you say.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

One I've watched recently with an ending that leaves you wondering is "Prisoners", with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.  Well acted, and does raise a few moral questions.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Watched CAPTAIN PHILLIPS last night. Absolutely brilliant, gripping film despite knowing how it ended before if started

4t it was like watching paint dry ! Terrible ! Unbelievable how they got on board ! Would have been like A turkey shoot 4 any crew member with A rifle !!

Edited by hornet

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Becoming A fan of film 4 ! Watched the guard last nite ! A proper copper ! Type of film U can watch over again not the type U have 2 watch A 2nd time 2 make head or tail of it ! 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Seen a few movies recently I'd really been looking forward to but to tell the truth was a bit disappointed.

'The birdman' and 'foxcatcher' - both a bit pretentious, a bit too clever, however - went to see 'big eyes' not expecting much and really liked it !

Also 'what we did in the shadows' I thought would be a one joke movie but was hilarious all the way through ! What more could you want from a movie about 3 vampires sharing a house in New Zealand !!!!

'Exodus' - big f**king yawnathon !

Film of the year for me though ....'night crawler'

Have had quite a few people tell me that The Birdman was brilliant? Strange how we all like different things,

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Enemy was well filmed and quite absorbing.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Have had quite a few people tell me that The Birdman was brilliant? Strange how we all like different things,

Its funny but since I saw it I've been thinking about it a lot, so it's definitely got something, I think I might go see it again, I'm one of those people that don't always get things straight off. :)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I didn't (yet) see Birdman but I think the the director (Alejandro González Iñárritu) is very talented.

Amores Perros and Babel make you love cinema.

Edited by Philippe

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I thought it was good - not brilliant. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Exodus was very dissapointing.The best part was the crocodile, s.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Into The Woods, Big Hero 6 and Birdman all to watch this weekend

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched "no good deed" with Idris Elba the other night, thoroughly enjoyed it..... that bloke is great at playing characters that are a bit .... unbalancedm shall we say ☺

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Into The Woods is awful, after 10 minutes you'll want to turn the sound off, it's like a school musical

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Into The Woods is awful, after 10 minutes you'll want to turn the sound off, it's like a school musical

It's brilliant live, very confusing at first, but Stephen Sondheim at his best, saw it over 20 years ago on Broadway

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Gone girl & American sniper good films

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Anyone else like In Bruges? Contender for most boring title but love it.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

taken 3 very good

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yeah, agree, both excellent.

I think GG will get main picture or possibly Mr Turner possibly, best two I've seen this year.

Not seen Birdman yet, will watch this weekend.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Big Hero 6 was really good as a kid's film.  If you've not heard of it, it's the new Disney movie.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched it in florida last month they were pushing like hell at disney did enjoy it tho

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I went to see Noah, cinema was like a big semi circle - all the seats were in an arc......

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched Gone Girl over the weekend, and agree it is very good. "The Guest"  is very watchable too.

Finally got round to watching "Guardians of the Galaxy" with the lad, and loved it! Watched "Earth to Echo" as a family too, and the wife and kids enjoyed that too.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Good Films/documentaries About Soul, R&b..e.t.c
    All About the SOUL by Guest CARL D on Sun 18 Jan 2015
    • 18 / 2131
    • 25miles on 05 May 2015
  2. like british films?
    All About the SOUL by mischief on Sat 12 Jun 2004
    • 8 / 1252
    • on 15 Jun 2004
  3. Ns Films - Long After Tonight And Souled Out
    All About the SOUL by Guest on Tue 23 May 2006
    • 5 / 780
    • 45cellar on 24 May 2006
  4. Films
    All About the SOUL by Soulsmith on Thu 19 Apr 2007
    • 64 / 2936
    • Baz Atkinson on 20 Apr 2007
  5. Main Stream Films With Soul/ Northern Soul Tracks
    All About the SOUL by steve on Fri 28 Dec 2007
    • 3 / 590
    • Dante on 28 Dec 2007
  6. Films/documentaries About Soul
    All About the SOUL by malayka on Fri 11 Jul 2008
    • 18 / 1352
    • mischief on 15 Jul 2008

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.