Butch Cover-Up And More 45S

Cover-up

Sorry, only joking, just wanted to see how many views this post would get...   :wicked:

A few decent records for the soul fan on a budget... Paypal preferred, P&P extra, PM to reserve.

FOR SALE 45s:

1. BERRY STREET STATION feat. CAROLYN SULLIVAN "I Don't Care No More" b/w "King Bee" (Le Cam) M- £50 £40  SOLD!

Great double sider, with the down-tempo downer classic "I Don't Care" aka "Dead", backed with a great mod instrumental (same as "Funky Funky" by Betty Brooks) - has sold on ebay for £100+.

2. EDDIE KENDRICKS "Date With The Rain" b/w "Born Again" (US Tamla) EX £30 £25

Classic 70s, always sounds fresh! This copy is in excellent condition BUT the flipside has scuffs and marks and plays with a few ticks and pops (more like VG). "Date With the Rain" plays brilliant, though with no problems! Usually sells for £40+

3. Maxine Brown "Let Me Give You My Lovin'" (US Wand) VG £15  £10   SOLD!

Not the prettiest copy of this classic - it's styrene and has a weird looking kinda stain about the size of a five pence piece, but it plays through this with no problems. Plays well, with just light background at times. Label has owners name in felt pen both sides. SO... to use a well worn phrase "fine for DJing" - usually sells for £30+

4. BARBARA LEWIS "Hello Stranger" (UK London) NOC VG+ £10 £5

Rare first 1963 UK release (not red label Atlantic), in original company sleeve. No centre and few surface scuffs, plays fine. Books at £30.

5. Detroit Spinners "I've Got To Make It On My Own" (UK Atlantic K 10571) M-  £50  £35

Great seventies track, apparently withdrawn in the UK - and no US release exists on 45. Lovely clean copy in Atlantic company sleeve. 

6. The Goodees "Condition Red" b/w "Didn't Know Love Was So Good" (US Hip) EX  £5 £3

Great doom-laden girl group classic, but has anyone flipped this?

7. Tom Jones "The Lonely One" (UK Decca) EX £4

Great 1967 mod sound, still pretty under the radar .

8. BENNY GORDON "All The Love I Got" (Estill) EX £8

Alternate version to the Wand release - label says 1959?

ALBUM

The Elgins "Darling Baby" (UK Tamla Motown STML 11081) ex/ex £40 £30

One of the rarer UK Motown albums, great stereo copy. 

Edited by cover-up
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!