Out On The Floor

• Replies 34
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You're chatting away a soulnight/allnighter suddenly a record comes on and you just have to get out on that floor and dance. :lol:

Name that tune!!

Too many to list Sue :lol: A girls gotta dance when a girls gotta dance

Have been known to dance just to get away from someone boring thats managed to corner me though :wicked:

Social source share

Contours - Jealousy

Out of sights - for the rest of my life

Primers - How does it grab you

Intro's have me running ... though try not to get into serious conversation - no matter what's being discussed, it won't stop me leaving in mid sentance to get on the floor :lol:

Apologies to anyone I have done this to, but when a girls gotta dance - she's gotta dance :wicked:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

very few have that effect BUT!

mello soul - we can make it

the inmates - this is the day

wade flemons - jeanette

betty wilson - im yours

court davis - try to think what your doing

pee wee shuck & huey - besides myself

silky hargreves - keep loving me like you do

troy dodds - try my love

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

The Nomads - Somethings Bad

It was funny cos i was chatting with some bloke at the 100 club about a year ago and this came on and we both stopped what we were saying and hit the floor...........

I think if you were chatting to someone and a record came on and you stoped talking and ran to the dance floor and the other person got the hump, they probably dont get it.........

Social source share

Guest southpaw

You're chatting away a soulnight/allnighter suddenly a record comes on and you just have to get out on that floor and dance. :thumbsup:

Name that tune!!

Barbara Lynn - Your losing me

Major Harris - call me tomorrow

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I think if you were chatting to someone and a record came on and you stoped talking and ran to the dance floor and the other person got the hump, they probably dont get it.........

Agree with Nomads... I'm even cheekier though, if it's obvious the other person isn't going to dance i give them my drink to look after... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Mello Souls - We can make it

Tina Roberts - One way or the other

George Blackwell - Can't lose my head

Tony Galla - In love

Bluejays - Point of view

Gene Toones - What more do you want

Bill Bush - I'm waiting

Pat & the Blenders - Just because

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Wouldn't call it my all time favourite, but always makes me feel like dancing "Majestics - (i love her so much) It Hurts Me". Just so uplifting & happy, & as someone said about the "Superlatives", the start helps, it's as if the trumpets are calling you to the floor !

Social source share

Suprising what get's people "At It!"

Impressions - You've Been Cheating

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up

Are just two that even after 30 years when I do hear them out loud on the odd occasion always bring a smile to my face. Although it's partly the memories they evoke it's mainly because they are are just so damn good!!

That's what's so great about this music. $1.00 records can slide next to $1000.00 records with complete impunity.

The intro to JJ Barnes's Please Let Me In Stevie Wonder's Uptight, Del Larks' Job Opening, Joe Jama, Robby Lawson......Man, the list is endless, all have that magnetic effect on my feet. Hope they never lose it too! :D

Regards,

dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

yvonne vernee - just like you did me

always cut the cod for me...

M

you wanna gear the intro of her ' Does He Love Me Anymore' --awesome...that'll certainly get you up on the floor - never heard it played out since wigan and dont come across many folk that know of it :D

Social source share

Does the list change as the alcohol level or equivelant rises.

You know from 'Nothing can help you' to 'Ton of Dynamite'

I remember 'black power' 'Soul Sauce' and 'Dust my broom' being played at the KGB Sheffield niters and you could not get on the dancefloor because it was heaving.

Whats the biggest floor filler today around the country?

Ed

Social source share

you wanna gear the intro of her ' Does He Love Me Anymore' --awesome...that'll certainly get you up on the floor - never heard it played out since wigan and dont come across many folk that know of it :D

Don't recall the intro Grant, but yes another "never hear it" great record, didn't it get booted ?

Social source share

Agree with Nomads... I'm even cheekier though, if it's obvious the other person isn't going to dance i give them my drink to look after... :D

:D:( Not if you were in London standing next to a certain pony tailed drinks stealer you wouldn't :(

Social source share

Don't recall the intro Grant, but yes another "never hear it" great record, didn't it get booted ?

fast drumming intro, with great beat - dont think it got booted Dave. Think original is on Correctone? At last someone who remembers it :D

Social source share

Guest andycambs

Joe Jama, Roger Hatcher-Sweetest Girl, Chuck Cockerham, Epitome of Sound (either side), Mello Souls...........

Andy

ps.Chuck Cockerham mp3 anyone, pleeeeeeeze :D:D

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Luther Ingram - Baby don't you weep

Soul incorporated - My Proposal

Drifters - Gotta pay your dues (Not that I ever hear it like :D )

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!