Godzilla

Best Thing I've Heard In Ages

I'm not talking soul related stuff obviously and if you only like soul music don't bother saying this is crap, because you're clearly wrong.

Suzi Quatro does a version of The Normal/Grace Jones's Warm Leatherette and it's only bloody fantastic!

You mean prefer the original by The Normal? Fair enough mate :thumbsup:

Nope, didn't know the song at all.  Just didn't rate the performance in any way at all (even though I used to think Suzy Quatro was hot) - but hey, each to their own.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Nope, didn't know the song at all.  Just didn't rate the performance in any way at all (even though I used to think Suzy Quatro was hot) - but hey, each to their own.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Ah - just can't read then . No probs :lol:

Used to love The Normal's version, it got some hammer from the Punk's in our youth club, always a bit of rivalry as to what Northern we could get on the turntable, but we were pretty agreeable when I think about it, I was always open minded and loved the punk stuff too.

Best new record I've heard for ages is BEN WATT, HENDRA.

I knew him from his Every Thing But The Girl stuff, first solo LP he has cut for 30 odd years I think.

It's really good.

Edited by MrsWoodsrules

As a lover of post punk, I bought the Normal record at the time (for the other side) and liked it then  but I don't think it's dated very well and now I think both sides are poor, as is Suzi's version, and Grace Jones'.

I'm not talking soul related stuff obviously and if you only like soul music don't bother saying this is crap, because you're clearly wrong.

Suzi Quatro does a version of The Normal/Grace Jones's Warm Leatherette and it's only bloody fantastic!

I'm afraid I have to bother saying.................THIS IS CRAP!!!    :yes:

Anyone who remembers Subway Sect, punk/post punk era. Been listening to new album 1979 Now, has I think a good unusual story attached to it, with reference to NS.

Stand out track for me is Caught in Midstream.

I'm not talking soul related stuff obviously and if you only like soul music don't bother saying this is crap....

Well I wrote that to make it clear who this topic was aimed at...

I'm afraid I have to bother saying.................THIS IS CRAP!!!    :yes:

But, wow! Who could possible argue with such informed and illuminating input? Thanks immensely for your contribution. I wouldn't want to see your insightful and witty remarks diluted by further comments from others who don't share your vast knowledge post-punk electro music, so I'll close this now.