Pointer Sisters.... Madness

Hammie

Just been on Ebay and watched a Poiner Sisters - Send him back - Atlantic Promo

go thro' to the finish.

Price was up to over $200 with about 5 seconds to go, then I nearly died laughing

as price shot up to nearly $580 !!!!!!

Got to be the most expensive price an Atlantic record has fetched, but why ?

It's got to be  an all time want/ Christmas present or whatever.

Had three of these and all sold for under fifty quid

MADNESS !!! 

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Just been on Ebay and watched a Poiner Sisters - Send him back - Atlantic Promo

go thro' to the finish.

Price was up to over $200 with about 5 seconds to go, then I nearly died laughing

as price shot up to nearly $580 !!!!!!

Got to be the most expensive price an Atlantic record has fetched, but why ?

It's got to be  an all time want/ Christmas present or whatever.

Had three of these and all sold for under fifty quid

MADNESS !!! 

Fell of my chair when it finished $580 ,  crazy world of northern soul , madness  :huh:

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

this record is pretty hot right now & hasn't really been a 20 quid record for a long time (unless you are lucky to have acquired it for that in the last couple years), it's gone over $300 a couple times the last 12 months or so.  I'll agree the $500+ is crazy though but that's sometimes the upside of a strong list & Jason did have a strong list up.  Gets people all riled up to bid......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

As i said at the start....

I'VE HAD THREE RED/WHITE DEMOS & SOLD EM FOR NO MORE THAN 50 QUID EACH.

its not rare,  its just the same thing thats happened to other classic oldies like....

M V P'S,  MICKIE CHAMPION, WADE FLEMMONS etc.. to name a few

If everyone who wants these didnt panic buy !!!   they should all be going for a lot less

they all come up on Ebay regularly.

Pointer Sisters promo should be no more than £150 tops

Prince Phillip Michell - Im so happy &  Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger   are just as rare

and desireable on Atlantic so why dont these go for £300 to £400 ? or will they be next ?

I HOPE NOT 

Social source share

UK Atlantic issued a lot of northern sounds in the 70's Drifters 'Dues' Tony and Tyrone Please Operator to name two how come they never issued this one?

I asked US Atlantic if they could press a thousand copies when I worked at Global Records in the 70s. I got a reply from them saying that they had lost the rights to it when the Pointers signed to Blue Thumb. Also I think the sleeve notes on the Kent CD with Send Him Back on mentions that they had to dub from a single as the tapes were not available. This could explain why UK Atlantic didn't put it out.

However they seemed to have changed their story on this when Selectdisc wanted it re-pressed , I wonder why?

Rick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!