This Is Why

Addio

this sites so great!

You browse a few threads, check out a few tunes and then wham you find something that blows you away.

This really did for me. Never heard it  before, now can't get it out of my head. The video is class too.

(thanks to 71 Steve for posting in Kettering playlist thread)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The one and only (thankfully!) Brian Goucher told me about this one just last month then played it at the last Sunday Soul Sessions, so best thank him rather than me....something I do most weeks for the soul he's sharing.

Agree though..this site is amazing for discovering more amazing soul.

Cheers for noticing the playlists and hope to see you there one Sunday eve!

Social source share

I guess you know it's a Curtis Mayfield composition from 1964, original released by Gene Chandler with the Impressions on backing? If you don't, be prepared for something a bit good :)

cheers Sutty

I didn't know that thanks. Brilliant having just listened and proves once again why this site and knowledge of everyone who uses it so good. Just love different versions of great songs. Cheers, Steve. :)

Social source share

Thanks Sutty. I'd listened to the Gene Chandler (original?) version of this. Excellent of course but I prefer the Gary Griffin take of it.

Just love the lead vocal, harmonies and horns. The home made shaky video just adds a great atmosphere to it as well.

Haven't come across a Curtis Mayfield version. is there one?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not that I needed a reminder, but this thread has also once again proved just how talented Curtis Mayfield was. Not only for the songs he wrote and sang himself or with others, but for songs like this which other artists sang. A great CD from 1995 "Curtis Mayfield's Chicago Soul" has so many on it, including the Major Lance recording of this song.

Social source share

The one and only (thankfully!) Brian Goucher told me about this one just last month then played it at the last Sunday Soul Sessions, so best thank him rather than me....something I do most weeks for the soul he's sharing.

Agree though..this site is amazing for discovering more amazing soul.

Cheers for noticing the playlists and hope to see you there one Sunday eve!

Ah thanks Steve. In that case thanks Mr Goucher. Will work my way through the playlists to see what other gems are in there. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!