Peterborough 82 (Live Tape Uploaded)

Pete S

Got this tape it says Peterborough 23/1/82, doesn't say which venue, it's very quiet in there wherever it is but I've been trying to work out who the DJ is and I think it's Chris Plant, going by a) the records and b) him dedidcating a record to his good friend Harpo, so I could do with that being confirmed too - then I'll post it up if anyone wants to hear it, track listing

BILLY ARNELL - TOUGH GIRL INST

LESTER TIPTON - THIS WON'T CHANGE

BEVERLY ANN - HE'S COMING HOME

STEINWAYS - YOU'VE BEEN LEADING ME ON

FOUR SHARPS - FIFE PIPER

BENNY SPELLMAN - FORTUNE TELLER

JOHNNY TAYLOR - FRIDAY NIGHT

LARRY HOUSTON - LET'S SPEND SOME TIME TOGETHER

GREATER EXPERIENCE - DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER

RAY AGEE - I'M LOSING AGAIN

UNKNOWN

SAM WARD - SISTER LEE

JOHNNY CASWELL - YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE

CONNIE CLARK - MY SUGAR BABY

SAXY RUSSELL - PSYCHEDELIC SOUL

LARRY SAUNDERS - ON THE REAL SIDE

MEL BRITT - SHE'LL COME RUNNING BACK

MOSES SMITH - GIRL ACROSS THE STREET

JODI MATHIS - YOU DON'T CARE ANYMORE

SISTER SLEDGE - LOVE DON'T GO THROUGH NO CHANGES

SUSAN BARRETT - WHAT'S IT GONNA BE

PROFESSIONALS - THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU

YVONNE VERNEE - JUST LIKE YOU DID ME

JIMMY MACK - MY WORLD IS ON FIRE

ADORABLES - OOH BOY

EDDIE DAYE - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU

EPITOME OF SOUND - YOU DON'T LOVE ME

JACKEY BEAVERS - I NEED MY BABY

BILLY KENNEDY - ?

HIGH FREQUENCY - SUMMERTIME

CLYDE MCPHATTER - PLEASE GIVE ME ONE MORE CHANCE

NATURAL FOUR - I THOUGHT YOU WERE MINE

JIMMY BURNS - I REALLY LOVE YOU

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

MIGHT BE THE ALL NIGHTER CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN AT WIRRINA THINK THAT WAS AROUND 82 A NUMBER OF LIVE ACTS HAPPENED MIGHT BE ABLE TO MATCH A DATE

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Many thanks.

Hey Tim, there's a tape you did in this box, October 1981, some really good Northern which I bet you've still got, Cashmeres, Little Johnny Hamilton, Johnny watson, Determinations, Gil Blanding etc, and some obligatory modern crap like Omni and Phillip Mitchell....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

when at 2 field hospital in 82 Aldershot myself aiong with pete crampton pete miles &couple of others frequented the wirrina nighters chris was a regular

garry

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Many thanks.

Hey Tim, there's a tape you did in this box, October 1981, some really good Northern which I bet you've still got, Cashmeres, Little Johnny Hamilton, Johnny watson, Determinations, Gil Blanding etc, and some obligatory modern crap like Omni and Phillip Mitchell....

don't hold back pete tell it like it is

Social source share

MIGHT BE THE ALL NIGHTER CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN AT WIRRINA THINK THAT WAS AROUND 82 A NUMBER OF LIVE ACTS HAPPENED MIGHT BE ABLE TO MATCH A DATE

There was definitely a niter at the Wirrina on august 14th in '82 - every other record was a Joe Tex, as he died the day before. I remember it well, and marred  the Commitments for a few people by pointing out that Joey 'The Lips' Fagan couldn't have been on tour with Joe Tex has he had died some years earlier. I think Johnny 'Fingers', on here, was DJing too. It may be 'quiet' because the roller scatting arena at the Wirrina was several time bigger than Fletton's Fleet Community Centre? I can't remember The Fleet being active at that time

Edited by simon t
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!