Cheapest R&b Monster Track's

Guest Garry Huxley

Guest Garry Huxley

Here is mine Theola Kilgore I know that he loves me, Sure that there are lots more so suggestions please. Got a minter for $3.00

Gotta be millions out there (I hope)

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Garry Huxley

Recent purchase is Margie Hendrix (ex Raelette) with Packin' Up - great uptempo gospel influenced number. Classic 45 have a handful of stock copy. Brilliant!!

can someone put a sound clip up of this please

garry

Social source share

Garry

Here's a few..........

Walter Jackson - Lee Cross OKeh

Al Reed - Sorry About That Axe

Tina Britt - Who Was That Veep

Junior Wells -  I'm Gonna Cramp Your Style Bright Star

Slim Harpo - I'm Gonna Keep What I've Got Excello

Not sure on prices now but they all used to be cheap?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Another killer is Gloria Scott and the Tonettes "I Taught him" - written and produced by Sly Stone.... still cheap - thank you to Des Parker for pitting me onto this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUBwkmSbx0

Another gospel tinged screamer is Helen Bryant with "That's a promise" on Fury. Flip is a deep soul number.

List could go on .....

Edited by DaveA
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MissHongkongfuey

The Margie Hendrix tune sounds interesting, Dave. I've got copies of her version of One Room Paradise and I Call You Lover, both on Mercury, but have not heard this one and there doesn't seem to be a clip on YT - how much did you score yours for?

I've got a huge obsession for Margie Hendrix. It's nice to see people enjoying her voice. I watched a copy of Restless go unsold the other week and in great condition. £5 starting with no takers. Rather an overlooked diamond she is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nS9FI8rlSo

Social source share

Here is mine Theola Kilgore I know that he loves me, Sure that there are lots more so suggestions please. Got a minter for $3.00

Gotta be millions out there (I hope)

is this the mercury or Serock Label? on the subject of Theola Kilgore, anybody ever seen a vinyl issue of 'This Is My Prayer' or a demo for that fact, looking to uprate my green styrene issue..

Mal

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!